Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3451 - 3475 by 4531
10 years ago
Oh, that's got to be it, Cryptic.
10 years ago
Cryptic has it.
Apologies if my first clue was far too vague. Sad I thought that the brand would be far too easy to pick.
10 years ago
We got there in the end, which is what matters. Smile

Each image is the work of a different artist. Each artist has a perfume that shares his name. List each artist.
10 years ago
Vincent Van Gogh
Michelangelo Buonarroti
Andy Warhol
Francisco Goya
Salvador Dali
René Magritte
I would like to thank my Art History 101 professor -- from thirty years ago!
10 years ago
And that was supposed to be difficult! Oh well... it's fun to watch when somebody aces a question. Great job, SystemeD! Very Happy
10 years ago
A Latin word
An American film
A British poem
A Roman hotel

and a Spanish fragrance
10 years ago
Cryptic:
And that was supposed to be difficult! Oh well... it's fun to watch when somebody aces a question. Great job, SystemeD! Very Happy

It was Cryptic, very difficult for me. Confused
10 years ago
SystemeD:
A Latin word
An American film
A British poem
A Roman hotel

and a Spanish fragrance

Perhaps I should clarify that all of these things share the same name.
10 years ago
I' d thought so, SystemeD, but thanks for clarifying. Was working on it yesterday but, well, Xmas prep etc. got in the way.....
10 years ago
Well, I thought this would be easy. So far, I've come up with "Duende" by Jesus del Pozo which is a restaurant in Rome, an English film and an American poetry collection. In other words, all wrong (and it's probably not even a Latin word....).
Then there's "Alegria" by Dominguez which almost ticks the boxes but not quite. "Never mind, other brands to explore!
Last edited by Triffid on 26.12.2013, 03:00; edited 2 times in total
10 years ago
"Invictus" by Paco Rabanne?

It means "unconquered" in latin, there was an American film by that name starring Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela and the poem is by William Ernest Henley, who was English. Sadly, the Roman hotel looks like a dive:

10 years ago
Dammit, Cryptic - I forgot about Paco! Was about to revisit Loewe again. Assuming you're correct, good job!
10 years ago
Eep! If "Invictus" is correct maybe someone else will be kind enough to ask the next question? I shouldn't have guessed because I'm going to be MIA, sorry. Embarassed
10 years ago
"Invictus" is correct, Cryptic!

Would Triffid like to pose the next question?
10 years ago
Shall do. I am embarking on a set of picture clues! (just have to work out how to do the thumbnails).
10 years ago
Each of the following artists has recorded a song with a title that corresponds to the name of a perfume. It helps if you're into music that's (mostly) from the 60s and 70s. Click on thumbnail to see larger image.
They are not numbered so list them from left to right. Artist and song/perfume. I will accept perfumes from more than one brand but occasionally one brand name seems like a more appropriate choice.
Extra hints: for fourth pic, you could substitute Rod Stewart, who did a later cover of this song. For pic 9, you could substitute numerous artists (including Pat Benantar and Dionne Warwick) who have all recorded different songs with this name.
Extra super bonus points for second image - big hit in 1974 (in Oz at least) and reputedly the only 11 minute rock song to reach #1.
10 years ago
Okay, this one is going to have to be a group effort, I think!

Here is the best I can do. I've put question marks after ones I think I've gotten wrong.

1. Sweet – "Oxygen" by Yanbal, or "Blitz" by Racco?
3. The Kinks – "Lola" by Marc Jacobs
4. Manfred Mann – "Sweet Pea" by Bath & Body Works?
5. U2 – "Pride" by Boadicea the Victorious
8. Iggy Pop – "Candy" by Prada
9. Led Zeppelin - “Heartbreaker" by Candie's
10. Jefferson Airplane – "White Rabbit" by Old Factory Soap Company?
11. Heart – "Magic Man" by Bruno Banani
12. Petula Clark – "Downtown" by Calvin Klein
13. Tom Jones – "Delilah" by Taya
14. Jimi Hendrix – "Purple Haze" by Rich Hippie
15. The Beatles – "Norwegian Wood" by Kanon
10 years ago
I've managed to access the slowest wi-fi in NSW that keeps dropping out but I've persisted because the pull of this game is too strong... plus I think I know number 2. It might be Stevie Wright - "Evie" by Galimard.
10 years ago
6. Lana Del Ray - "Bel Air" by Molinard
7. Alecia Keys - "New York" by Parfums de Nicolai
???
10 years ago
To complete the list, #2 is "Evie" by Galimard, the song Evie by Stevie Wright of the Easybeats. The clue threw me at first because I was thinking "There was an 11min Easybeats hit?"
10 years ago
This is interesting - I suspected there might be some alternative answers but not this many! The artisits are all correct - well done, some of those pics were a bit dodgy - but I had different songs listed for 1, 4, 5, 6 and 15. I never guessed there could be so many 'correct' answers.

Hints for the alternative songs:
1. An early hit for the band, an edible Chanel?
4. A two-word song title about a bird, also released by Rod Stewart.
5. Also a Hitchcock movie
6. A ubiquitous garment.
15. Appears on The Beatles album (aka the "White Album"). Another feathered friend.

Stevie Wright's 'Evie' was indeed 11 minutes long but consisted of three parts, of which part one ended up being played the most. Released post-Easybeats era, well done Perfumecrazy and Scarletting.
10 years ago
Okay, given these hints, here are my new guesses:

1. Sweet – “Coco” by Chanel
4. Manfred Mann – “Pretty Flamingo” by Miro
5. U2 – “Vertigo” by Vertigo
15. The Beatles - “Blackbird” by House of Matriarch
Last edited by SystemeD on 27.12.2013, 22:12; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Those are indeed the ones I had in mind.
#6 the Lana del Rey song was "Blue Jeans" by either Versace or Shulton.

Your turn again SystemeD, you guessed the majority.
10 years ago
This Asian cosmetics house has a French-sounding name that it shares with:

An American chain of hardware stores
An art gallery in Massachusetts
Counties in Texas and Illinois
An art gallery in the hometown of the house's founder

Bonus points if you identify my favorite fragrance from this house.
10 years ago
I'm going for Menard, a fragrance house from Japan (and a county in Illinois etc) and your favourite from the house being the one you own: "L'Eau de Kasaneka".
3451 - 3475 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to