Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3476 - 3500 by 4531
10 years ago
Precisely correct, plus bonus points awarded to Triffid!
10 years ago
Oh, me again...
If you spend a dollar
You'll get half your money back,
Buy this for your self esteem
If that's the thing you lack;

Use this perfume wisely
As it's open to abuse,
And absolute corruption
Will result from overuse.

Perfume and house?
10 years ago
Power by 50 Cent.
The rhyme was fun but a bit too easy! Smile
10 years ago
Your answer is correct, Scarletting, well done.
Sometimes it's hard to gauge how easy/hard clues will be - people often get stumped on things I thought were obvious and vice versa. Obscure hints can be frustrating and players drop away, so I don't mind posting a few fun easy ones to keep it moving!
10 years ago
True...sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.
10 years ago
The specified letters of the answers to these riddles may be rearranged into the name of a perfume. Please don't google the riddles, that's no fun. Razz

(1st letter) Always do I tell the truth, yet cannot speak. I make the young smile and the old weep.

(3rd letter) What can go all over the world when stuck in one corner?

(2nd letter) What deals with snares but does not hunt, what has teeth but doesn't eat?

(4th letter) Never a thirst though I always drink, dressed in mail but never a clink.

(1st letter) I have two heads upon one body. Make me stand still and I'll just run faster.

(2nd letter) Where may you find roads without carts, forests without trees, cities without houses?

(5th letter) What is usually placed on a wall, but also is found in one's mouth?

(1st letter) Name me and so shall you break me.

(8th letter) I have many keys but usually only two or three locks.

(1st letter) I have holes in my top and bottom, my left and right, and in the middle. Still I hold water.
10 years ago
May I ask a stupid question? For example you say the 3rd letter, do you mean its the third letter in the fragrance or is it the third letter in the answer?

Btw love the riddles...
10 years ago
In that case the third letter of the riddle's answer would be a part of the perfume's name.
10 years ago
OK, we seem to be stalling on this one.
I guessed just over half the riddle answers (one is obviously wrong because it doesn't have enough letters) and have respected the "please don't Google request". I'm not able to come up with an answer using the letters I have so shall have to bow out of this one (this is why I make 'em easy!).
10 years ago
Triffid:
OK, we seem to be stalling on this one.
I guessed just over half the riddle answers (one is obviously wrong because it doesn't have enough letters) and have respected the "please don't Google request". I'm not able to come up with an answer using the letters I have so shall have to bow out of this one (this is why I make 'em easy!).

I'm in a similar spot. I know the answers to 2,4,6,8, and 10 because I've heard them before, but that's not very sporting.

I have guesses for 1, 5, 7 and 9, but no guess for 3.

All this means that I can't guess the answer, because the letters I can derive are incomplete in number, and several of those letters are just tentative.

Shall we put our heads together, Triffid? Or would you prefer to stay out?
10 years ago
I'm happy to give hints, just let me know which riddles are causing trouble.
Riddle 3, for example, is an everyday item that you all likely own.
10 years ago
Triffid:
I'm not able to come up with an answer using the letters I have so shall have to bow out of this one (this is why I make 'em easy!).

True, but I like how some of these posts get people guessing and working together. Many hands make short work. Smile
10 years ago
Scarletting:
I'm happy to give hints, just let me know which riddles are causing trouble.
Riddle 3, for example, is an everyday item that you all likely own.

Oh, since you say that, can I then assume that "snares" is used in an English-speaking country other than my own to mean "snarls"? As in one's hair?
10 years ago
SystemeD, correct about the 'snarls' although that's the word I'd use as well. In the spirit of co-operation, here are my guesses so far:

1. mirror
2. stamp
3. comb
4. postbox?
5. hourglass
6. map?
7. brace?
8. silence
9. I thought piano but not enough letters (some other musical notion?)
10. ?
10 years ago
Comb is correct.
Try again with 4.
6 is correct.
7 is a clever answer! Not the one intended though.
The answer to 9 is musical, funnily enough, but more because we use the word for more than one thing. It's not a piano, but it is monochrome. It's something you also use every day.
10 years ago
I'm thinking 7 might be 'roof'. Oh wait, need at least five letters...and if it's anything like mine, could 4 be a refrigerator?
10 years ago
1. mirror
2. stamp
3. comb
4. fish
5. hourglass
6. map
7. plaque?
8. silence
9. keyboard?
10. sponge

which gives us
MAOHHAUSDS

Can anyone unscramble that?
10 years ago
That would make the answer "Oud Shamash" by The Different Company?
I had this fragrance in mind when I only had some of the letters because I'm sure Scarletting has mentioned it before somewhere? (Oh OK, just checked - it's on her wish list)
If this is correct (I'm not that confident) then SystemeD is next up.
10 years ago
Nicely done, guys. Indeed it was Oud Shamash.
10 years ago
10 years ago
"Souvenir d'Italie" by Roccobarocco?
10 years ago
Absolutely right! Very Happy
10 years ago
Great pic - I liked that one! Shall return with something soon...
10 years ago
Thanks for that easy one, I think I could've actually gotten it! Laughing

Many of you have an advantage over me: you're smarter and you're not lazy, so yeah, an easy one now and then would be nice. Laughing
10 years ago
Apologies for delay..
Dulcemio, I'm sure I am not smarter than you, nor less lazy!

The modern perfumista
Has no time for meditation,
She needs a modern fix
So here's a new interpretation;

This brand sells mostly makeup
And now fragrances, I see,
This perfume isn't natural
But they've named it honestly;

Enlightenment can now be had
With just a simple spray,
Apply this with your lipstick,
Your fake high will last the day!