Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3501 - 3525 by 4531
10 years ago
Triffid, I do believe you have missed your calling. Go out and seek your fortune. Idea
10 years ago
Why thankyou Cincy. Do you think there is a market for greeting card style rhymes about mystery perfumes?
10 years ago
For sure. Razz
10 years ago
Cincy:
For sure. Razz
if not there should be!! you are amazing at it. Smile
10 years ago
But can you guess the answer?
10 years ago
Back to the quiz for Triffid

The modern perfumista
Has no time for meditation,
She needs a modern fix
So here's a new interpretation;

This brand sells mostly makeup
And now fragrances, I see,
This perfume isn't natural
But they've named it honestly;

Enlightenment can now be had
With just a simple spray,
Apply this with your lipstick,
Your fake high will last the day!
10 years ago
"Synthetic Nirvana" by MAC?
10 years ago
That has to be it. Very nicely picked.
10 years ago
SystemeD:
"Synthetic Nirvana" by MAC?

Well done SystemeD, I knew you'd get it.
The perfume name has a strange appeal - I imagine it to smell like new vinyl upholstery for some reason.
Your turn...
10 years ago

10 years ago
The 7 Virtues "Afghanistan Orange Blossom"?

I recognized the flag and possibly the flower and then cheated and checked if there's any perfume with that name... That's why I might be totally wrong, too.
10 years ago
But you are totally right! (And by the way, I don't think that is cheating at all.)

Congratulations, and now it is your turn to post the clues.
10 years ago

10 years ago
"Paestum Rose" by Eau de Italie. But I feel a little naughty, while I got the Rose part immediately due to the character, the "paestum" I picked up from the first image's URL.
Naughty Scar! Bop on the nose!
10 years ago
You're right Scarletting!

I thought that posting a picture of a rose (the flower) would be too easy and that an Alan Wake character would make it somewhat harder. Obviously it didn't Very Happy

And thanks for the "tip"; next time I'll use urls that don't give away what's in the pictures.
10 years ago

(The red bits are supposed to be blood. I did them slapdash in MS Paint, hah)
10 years ago
Well "Magritte" by Rene Magritte is too obvious (plus the blood doesn't make sense) and "Poe's Tobacco No. 1" by Tokyomilk (as in Edgar Allen Poe) is a long shot. Are we looking at a Sherlock Holmes mystery here?
10 years ago
Well "Magritte" by Rene Magritte is too obvious (plus the blood doesn't make sense) and the same for "This is not a Pipe" by Demeter Fragrance Library.
"Poe's Tobacco No. 1" by Tokyomilk (as in Edgar Allen Poe=blood, pipe=tobacco) is a long shot.
"Pipe Bomb" by Blackbird is possible.
Or are we looking at a Sherlock Holmes mystery here?
10 years ago
Okay, this is a longshot, but I am going to guess "Spellbound" by Estée Lauder.

Here's why. Magritte's "La Trahison des Images" isn't a film, nor is it bloody, so I decided to start with surrealism and horror in film and go from there.

One thing that occurred to me is that there is a surrealistic dream sequence in the Hitchcock film, "Spellbound." As a matter of fact, Salvador Dali was a consultant on that film, and helped to design that dream sequence. So, yeah. "Spellbound" is my best guess so far.
10 years ago
Aha, I wasn't even aware there was a "This is Not a Pipe" perfume! Trust Demeter. Wink
Rather than thinking of films that are bloody, perhaps consider why the film strip itself is bloody.
No Sherlock Holmes mystery here! I went for something quite literal since my previous riddles have been heavily on the "miss" side of "hit and miss".
10 years ago
Demeter have a fragrance for everything! There's also one called "Pipe Tobacco".
I'm now considering various injuries and have abandoned Blood Concept as a potential house (unless i should pursue this?).....
10 years ago
The image is related to the perfume only, so yes, you can abandon the blood/house idea.
10 years ago
"Not a Perfume" by Juliette Has a Gun?
10 years ago
Triffid:
"Not a Perfume" by Juliette Has a Gun?

Even though Scarletting claimed that the image is related only to the fragrance and not to the house, that's such a great answer that you should get the win!
10 years ago
Well, it's not a great fit but the best I could come up with. Between my suggestion and your 'Spellbound' I think we are getting quite creative!
There are plenty (too many) perfumes with 'danger' in the title but it's hard to pin one down as the definitive answer.
3501 - 3525 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to