Search Forum

My Two Scents

My Two Scents 10 years ago
Have you discovered a note others love that you just don't like or "get", even in the most lauded fragrance?

What is a smell others can't stand, that you love?
Re: My Two Scents 10 years ago
Scarletting:
Have you discovered a note others love that you just don't like or "get", even in the most lauded fragrance?

What is a smell others can't stand, that you love?

My likes and dislikes aren't quite that black and white, but I'll give your question a shot, Scarletting.

It took me years to come to an understanding with the wildly popular oud, but it finally happened thanks to a friend who persistently plied me with samples.

The well-loved "Joy" will never be my friend. It has nothing to do with the perfume itself, which was opulent and glamorous on my mother. On me it's like the sum total of all the civet in every perfume I've ever owned or will own, and generally I have no problem with that note.

Clean/laundry scents. They strike me as an attempt to render perfumery utterly asexual and bring it down to the level of functional fragrance, but plenty of great perfume people own and enjoy them, so what do I know. *shrugs*

Cumin and patchouli can divide the masses, but I enjoy both. Smile
10 years ago
I love Apres La Mousson. Hugely unpopular.
10 years ago
I like Civet regardless of what fragrance it's in.

There is a scent I despise that others acclaim and that is Magazine Street. I almost wanted to hurl, yet others give it glowing reviews.
10 years ago
I have a hard time with finding a jasmine note that my nose enjoys.

I really can't think of a note people might not like that I do. Well, I like pear and some people find it boring I guess.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic My Two Scents
Jump to