Search Forum

EU Allergen Legislation: Please Read!

76 - 100 by 125
10 years ago
I will suggest Don that we ask those blog sites if they want to be included in our blog roll.
10 years ago
Question: will this affect the sale of essential oils and distillations for aromatherapy and such? If so, I have other sites to approach.
10 years ago
I need to consult with the German geniuses on that one, ScentFan. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
10 years ago
ScentFan:
Question: will this affect the sale of essential oils and distillations for aromatherapy and such? If so, I have other sites to approach.
Yes, to some extent. The scheduled labelling of ingredients such as geraniol, linalool, etc., will be relevant for most essential oils because they are primary components of approx. 90% thereof.
10 years ago
Okay, thanks, Mia!
10 years ago
Thanks to "The Oversprayers" and "Fragoholics Worldwide" (Facebook groups) for the pinned posts. Smile
10 years ago
Sonoma Scent Studios is doing a follow-up posting of the link.
10 years ago
naturesgift.com is posting a link to the petition
10 years ago
10 years ago
LuckyScent.com will post a link to the petition!
10 years ago
Woohoo! Whatever you're doing, don't stop ScentFan! Exclamation
10 years ago
One of the arguments that was put forth in Parfumo's public consultation document is that the hands-on knowledge involved in harvesting perfume materials, as well as creating perfume, is a cultural asset which is jeopardized by the type of regulation that is currently pending in the EU. Apparently, a movement is now afoot to have some of that knowledge recognized by UNESCO as a part of France's Intangible Cultural Heritage. It's great to see some of these ideas gaining acceptance. Smile

cote-d-azur.france3.fr/2014/04/24/le-savoir-fa ire-lie-au-parfum-en-pays-de-grasse-inscrit-l- inventaire-du-patrimoine-culturel-immateriel-d e-la-france-465587.h
10 years ago
Reminders 10 years ago
Even though the Petition has been spread around inside the Blogosphere, it quickly was forgotten. Other daily "perfume matters" abound and crowd the virtual space. Awareness has diminished, that is only natural.

The "capcha" code at the end of the Petition was rather difficult to read, and it could be - horrors! - that the person gave up. Now the "capcha" code has been reprogrammed so that it will reset, again and again, when the person did not correctly put in the symbols.

I suggest that some reminders could be placed - showing the importance of the Petition - and the "capcha" code reprogramming explained.

Not to lose one signature!!

Besides, how is the mantra in Advertising? Tell them, tell them, and tell them again.

The window of placing the Petition is closing soon.
10 years ago
Hi, Pipette. We're finding that what seems to work best is when one of us approaches a perfumer, house or a store with whom we've had some personal contact. Your good relationship with the Perfumed Court generated a link, for instance. So, if anyone reading has a contact and would like to get involved, just send a PM. We have a form letter that should save you some time. Smile
10 years ago
It's surprising who else might be interested in signing the petition. At the Easter table with my children, I brought up the petition topic and the merits of why we must save perfume. My daughter had already signed it and passed information along to her friends. Now it was time to pass information along to my my sons and daughter-in-law. Not surprisingly, my sons began questioning me on why a petition was needed, on the whys and hows perfumes were changing, and about allergens. They agreed with the cause. They listened, they asked questions, they debated a bit, and then they saw what the future would hold.
The point is, you never know who is interested in signing and spreading the word unless you talk about it. Many don't realize how important this topic really is until they hear our passionate words.
We should never stop fighting for our causes.
10 years ago
Has it been considered to also place the petition on www.change.org? This would be another venue to highlight the petition and would give it more international exposure and the opportunity to garner many more signatures. Change.org is a wonderful platform. I'd be happy to help with it.
10 years ago
Sorceress:
It's surprising who else might be interested in signing the petition. At the Easter table with my children, I brought up the petition topic and the merits of why we must save perfume. My daughter had already signed it and passed information along to her friends. Now it was time to pass information along to my my sons and daughter-in-law. Not surprisingly, my sons began questioning me on why a petition was needed, on the whys and hows perfumes were changing, and about allergens. They agreed with the cause. They listened, they asked questions, they debated a bit, and then they saw what the future would hold.
The point is, you never know who is interested in signing and spreading the word unless you talk about it. Many don't realize how important this topic really is until they hear our passionate words.
We should never stop fighting for our causes.

Thanks for talking up the petition, Sorceress. I wish my circle of friends had an open mind about perfume, but they don't. To them, the only acceptable personal fragrances are soap, mouthwash and dryer sheet. Any mention of perfume is usually greeted with a blank stare and complete silence. :/
10 years ago
Thanks for the mention, Persolaise. Smile

www.facebook.com/persolaise?fref=ts
10 years ago
Cryptic or Mia, is there a tally to date of signatures on the petition?
10 years ago
10 years ago
signed.. but I'm in the USA
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Hi, Grey. Go here:

www.parfumo.com/petition/petition.html

Embarassed right in front of my sizable nose! Good result so far. Thanks for all your work!
10 years ago
Madkat, thanks so much for your signature. Smile We're not getting as much American involvement as we should, and perhaps it's because people think the petition is meant for EU citizens only. It isn't. The perfume industry is global and if Fragrantica is to be believed, there are 608 different houses in the US alone. The committee tasked with soliciting public opinion on this proposed legislation certainly could have confined their request for input to the EU, but they didn't. Instead, they asked for contributions from "any interested parties," which means anyone who uses perfume or is involved in its creation, distribution, promotion, etc., regardless of location. And I apologize if I'm repeating myself here, but I don't know how else to correct this misconception. Everyone who loves perfume and opposes reformulations and ingredient restrictions should sign the petition, no question.

Grey, I'm not certain if it's a good result thus far or not. I don't think anyone's ever done a tally of the online perfume community to ascertain how many hardcore fragrance lovers visit the Facebook groups, perfume blogs and the three big online perfume communities on a regular basis. I do know that we've gotten a huge amount of support from the bloggers and some of the niche perfumers. The perfume stores and retailers, however, have been disappointing. The good news is that even though the window for public submissions closes in Mid-May, it's my understanding that nothing will be voted upon until January 2015, so we'll continue to keep the petition open. Sorceress' idea to expand the pool of potential supporters to the general public by posting a petition on Change.org is an excellent one. The issue has appeal beyond the perfume community alone in that it involves governmental restrictions upon consumer freedom of choice. In order for that to work, however, the petition would have to be rewritten in such a way as to be understandable to non-perfume folk. That may be the next step in this process. Meanwhile, other avenues are being explored, so keep the faith. Smile
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Meanwhile, other avenues are being explored, so keep the faith. Smile

Listen, you and Mia and your crew have made a lot of headway getting the word out and enlisting/educating thousands. Now if we could convince the houses and designers to either work with each other or engage their customer base that would be awesome!
76 - 100 by 125
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community EU Allergen Legislation: Please Read!
Jump to