Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3826 - 3850 by 4531
10 years ago
GothicHeart, whistling joyously, enters the thread, only to be taken aback by its bleak desolation slapping him in the face. His hesitant "Halooo..." echoes in the vast emptiness... Unable to understand, he starts singing in a low, murmuring voice...

I don't want to see you go.
I don't even want to be there.
I will cover up my eyes
and pray it goes away...
I've only played a few times.
Not enough.
I like riposting,
please keep posting...

Alice Cooper is tossing and turning in his bed... Steven is smiling...
Last edited by GothicHeart on 03.05.2014, 16:50; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Is that a new clue, GothicHeart? I know what you mean about the crickets chirping and the lone wolf howling in this thread. Sad
10 years ago
Oh look! A tumbleweed.

10 years ago
No, it's a theatrical appeal based on Pandasmom being a music buff, and... Oh look! It's gone with the wind!...
10 years ago
I think we've reached the point where it's fair enough for any of us to post a new clue.
10 years ago
Here's an easy one, then.

One clue, two perfumes:
10 years ago
I'm a bit rusty after the hiatus but offer the following suggestions:
"Derby" by Guerlain and "Number 4" by Yogesh?
10 years ago
I'm a bit rusty after the hiatus but offer the following suggestions:
"Derby" by Guerlain and "Number 4" by Yogesh? Oh, maybe it's all about the number...In that case, scratch the Derby and put some money on "Four" by Nejma.
10 years ago
There's a lot matching indeed! How about Filly by Roberto Capucci and Riding Crop by Demeter Fragrance Library?
10 years ago
All excellent guesses, and I just realized that this question wouldn't be easy at all unless you happened to be American and somewhat horse-mad. Embarassed Sorry about that.

This horse is owned by a stable whose racing silks feature a jackass.
10 years ago
OK... The colt comes from Dumbass Partners and it's called California Chrome (more fitting for a custom bike I might say). The problem is there are two California(s) from Dana and United Scents of America, and two Chrome(s) from Azzaro and Yardley...
10 years ago
California Chrome it is. I'm not concerned about the house(s), GH. Your turn!
10 years ago
Oh good! Some of these houses are nothing to be concerned about anyway, at least for the last 25 years or so... Now, back to our subject.

Its hat bedecked with chains and charms.
It has a filthy amber hue.
It proudly wears a coat of arms,
and it replaces "o" with "ou".
10 years ago
"Dirty English" by Juicy Couture?
10 years ago
(John) Bullseye Triffid!
10 years ago
Apologies for tardiness of posting. A rare moment of success left me ...clueless. Anyway:

If you live to eighty
Then this brand is worth a look,
The perfume's name reminds me
Of a C S Lewis book;

An animalic woodie?
From the name, it's hard to tell,
(It's apparently a tribute to
The maker's father's smell).
10 years ago
If you thought my clue was crap
Be sure to write a post,
I'll clarify as best I can
The lines that matter most.
10 years ago
No way, Triffid! Your clues are always entertaining and wonderful. I just had no idea that C.S. Lewis was so prolific. Back later with a guess.
10 years ago
Old? Elderly? Octogenarian? Lionwitchwardrobe? As you can see, I'm not making much progress. Pursued the father angle and lit upon "Sexual Sugar Daddy," Rolling Eyes which I doubt is what you had in mind.

Hint, please?
10 years ago
Oh Cryptic you're SO right! The best I came with is Caspian by Angela Flanders, but nothing else matches, other than the half resemblance with C.S.Lewis' "Prince Caspian", and the fact that the perfume was launched in 1987, thus it has a distant connection with eighty...
10 years ago
Oh. "Caspian" is an intelligent guess, actually. So much for "Sexual Sugar Daddy." Laughing
10 years ago
Quatre-vingts? Ochenta? Ottanta? *cries*
10 years ago
Been there, done that... There's also a fragrance called White Witch by Parfums Jamaica. Is Jamaica a good place for octogenarians? Wait! Could it be Manly by Al Rehab? Rehab for the elder, manly for father's smell, but what has C.S. Lewis got to do with it?
10 years ago
The name of the brand is quite odd so I looked up their website. Apparently, after 80 years or so, you will have experienced the name of the brand. Hard to explain without giving it away - it relates to something that comes around every week (multiplied by 80).
As for CS Lewis: Cryptic, you almost had it, think of the animal, the wooden item (by another name) but leave out the wicked crone.
According to the house's perfumer (and yes, how the hell would you be expected to know this...) the perfume and its name are a tribute to her father's unique smell when hugged and the place where all his gloves and scarves were kept.
10 years ago
"The Lion Cupboard" by 4160 Tuesdays?
3826 - 3850 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to