These perfumed characters all have something in common:

1: A fellow of infinite jest

2: She would've loved hand sanitizer,

3: An oversize fiddle,

4: The moor of Venice,

5: She fell in love with a jackass, and

6: He said, "I will wear my heart upon my sleeve."
10 years ago
They were all brought to life by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, within its Illyria series...

1: A fellow of infinite jest - Robin Goodfellow

2: She would've loved hand sanitizer - Lady Macbeth

3: An oversize fiddle - Viola

4: The moor of Venice - Othello

5: She fell in love with a jackass - Helena

6: He said, "I will wear my heart upon my sleeve." - Iago

I am no Shakespeare freak...
10 years ago
Not bad! You missed two, however. A couple of additional hints:

1. Court jester

5. Queen of the fairies
10 years ago
When I said "I am no Shakespeare freak...", I meant it!

1. Court jester - Yorick

5. Queen of the fairies - Titania
10 years ago
Win! Very Happy

10 years ago
Oh! Victory is so much sweeter when it is announced by Shakespeare wearing pink shades!

It's either Rus or Geats or Gutes who used it to avail.
It has a 10 years younger bro, who while from north it's black.
It's been some time since it has raised its final silver sail.
Its brother may be present still, but no more vim to attack.
10 years ago
"Drakkar" and "Drakkar Noir" Confused:
10 years ago
May Frøjya guide your steps, Skjaldmær...
10 years ago
Thanks, GothicHeart. I loved the clue because it reminded me of this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxnAr6pRt0

Be back later with a new puzzle.
10 years ago
All of the perfumes associated with the clues below have something in common:

1. Pulitzer Prize winning novel that became a film starring Oprah Winfrey,

2. Type of cloud formation,

3. The Diary of Anne Frank, for example,

4. Another word for assistance, anagrammatically,

5. Clotho, Lachesis, or Atropos, and

6. A combination of Santana and Frumious Bandersnatch.
10 years ago
The answers are all fragrances by Amouage, starting with:
1. Oprah movie: "Beloved"
2. Cloud: "Cirrus"
3. Ann Frank "Memoir Woman"
4. Assistance: "Dia Woman/Man" (anagram of 'aid')
5. Clotho etc: "Fate Woman"
6. Santana x Frumious B = "Journey Man" of course.
10 years ago
Perfect, Triffid! Your turn. Smile
10 years ago
I shall return soon with a picture clue (s)
10 years ago
The following music-themed clues should lead you to 5 different perfumes. It might be the artist or it might be one of their hit songs. I can't number them so let's work from left to right.
The last three pictures all belong to the one perfume clue. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge. Oh, and enjoy the fashions....
10 years ago
Wow Triffid! A trip-back-in-time clue! And the fashions rock!

Shulton's Runaway If it has to be an exact match, therefore The Runaways are nowhere to be found, then there's always Right Now by West Third Brand and Cherry Bomb by Purplecat Creatives, which are both titles of two of this female gang's songs.

Now, for the ABBA clue, there are two Dancing Quens, two Head Over Heels and a Chiquititas, so I'll go with La Rive's Move On from their 1977 "ABBA: The Album" album, which is the sole exact match.

Oilily's Lucky Girl (from Joni Mitchell's 1985 "Dog Eat Dog" album)
It could also be a reference to Davidoff's Cool Water from her 1988 "Chalk Mark in a Rain Storm" album, but this song is not written by her, it's a cover version.

Gucci's Rush

Jeanne d'Urfé's Tangerine Dream (but what's with Drew Barrymore in "Firestarter"? Anything other than her skin's hue I mean...)

Even if it's all wrong, that was some serious fun! Or fan...
10 years ago
Wow, GothicHeart, you have been somewhat more thorough than I!
Last time I posted a set of clues like this, the unexpected answers made it apparent there was more than one option and this time is no different - I commend you on your research. I was too lazy to check if there might be other suggestions but you got the answers I had in mind for the first two, which were "Cherry Bomb" and "Dancing Queen".
I had something else in mind for Joni Mitchell (covered by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, think festival).
I didn't think anyone would recognize the photo of Tangerine Dream ( I wouldn't!) so added the other pics as well (Tangerine Dream wrote the soundtrack for Firestarter).
As a side note, I do believe that Bjorn's dungarees-and-platforms ensemble should be illegal; he didn't have the cred to pull off this look. Well, few would, perhaps Ronnie James Dio .....
10 years ago
Their main difference is that Ronnie James Dio actually NEEDED the extra inches since he was merely 1,63 metres tall. For me Bjorn's worst crimes are his shirt, which looks like a heirloom from his Viking grandmother, and his dungarees' tasseled cuffs. Benny on the other hand looks simply fabulous!

Woodstock was the obvious choice for the Joni Mitchell part, but since there are three perfumes under this name, I decided to skip it.

Société de Senteur - Woodstock by West Third Brand

Woodstock by Ten Digit Creations

Woodstock by Rich Hippie
10 years ago
"Woodstock" it is. I think that the Rich Hippie offering would be the most appropriate.
Yes, Benny's fashion panache (unnecessary neck scarf aside) certainly eclipses Bjorn's fashion fail. I shouldn't talk though...people in glass houses...I clearly remember going to a Queen concert as a 15 year old in the 70's and wearing platforms, black satin flares and a cream damask kimono top. To this day, I believe it was an excellent look, somewhat in the style of Brian May but without the hair.
10 years ago
I believe this look of yours will be an excellent one for all eternity, mo matter of age or gender.

Amundsen, Peary and Hillary, they all were of its kind.
It's in their most remembered deeds, but neither snow nor land.
Its fathers were the pioneers of some unseeable bind
One cannot claim she was mistold, when it is worn with hand.
10 years ago
"First" by Van Cleef and Arpels?
It relates to the deeds of the three explorers mentioned (South Pole, North Pole and Everest) with the 'unseeable bind' being a patented, invisible mounting technique for gems pioneered by the brand. I haven't worked out the last line; perhaps it relates to wedding rings? (or not....).
10 years ago
Exactly! Being a sleuth is starting to seem an excellent substitute for a career opportunity, to the remaining hounds of this forum...

First worn with hand gives firsthand, which is quite a safe way to avoid being mistold about something. "Will you marry me?" included...
10 years ago
Ah, that explains it. Excellent choice of perfume as well, one of my "retro" favourites, so unlike Ellena's later style.

Are these two houses
But one and the same,
Even the perfumers
Share a first name;

Arabic Frenchmen?
Mysterious gents
Who somehow came up with
Identical scents;

The scent that I'm after
Does not have a clone,
The younger house makes this
And it stands alone;