3951 - 3975 by 4531
10 years ago
Thank you! Loved the clue. Smile

Another word for "bird,"

A sleeping woman ablaze.

A month by brides preferred,

Some art from Victorian days.
10 years ago
I take it's about four perfumes... and something tells me it's gonna be an outstanding four out of four wrong guesses...

Aéroplane by Detaille

Goddess Brigid by Damask Moon

June by Saville

Photo by Lagerfeld

If it's about just one, then Oiseau Flaming June by Anthropologie fits 3/4 of the equation, unless Anthropologie can be seen as an art.
10 years ago
"Oiseau Flaming June" is correct, and I apologize for the confusion. The last line was only included to complete the rhyme and as an additional clue to the painting.

10 years ago
No need for apologies Cryptic. All science could be seen as art, just as all art, especially cinematography and architecture, owes an awful lot to science.

This Spaniard back in '80s start, would step in bold and brassy.
"There's not enough of you" he'd say, with his stentorian voice
and then back to his hill he'd go. And every girl who's sassy,
would gladly shred his olive drabs, in order to rejoice.
10 years ago
It is not "Montana Parfum d'Homme" by Montana is it? I think I'm at the wrong end of the 80s but there's shredded olive garb and a spanish hill...
10 years ago
Sorry Triffid, no... If I ever wanted to give a clue about Montana Parfum d'Homme however, you should look for Made.In.Heaven. in it... And by the way, it gets on my nerves everytime I hear someone comparing it with Aramis' Havana, which, despite being an exquisite scent in its original formulation, was launched 5 years after.
10 years ago
"Galanos" ?
10 years ago
Well, interesting case this one... I take it you were thinking about Galanos being a Spanish word, meaning dressed up in Spain and mottled or blotched in Mexico. It is also a name for the oceanic whitetip shark Carcharinus Longimanus, with Longimanus meaning long-handed. Funny thing is that Galanos is also a Greek word and surname, meaning azure in colour. But I'm sorry to say that it is not what I have in mind. So, not having time to compose another "rhapsody", I'll simply point out the parts of the already written one which connect directly with the perfume in question.

Spaniard, indicating its country of origin.

bold and brassy, stentorian voice, clarifying it's not a subtle scent.

'80s start, specifying the time it was launched.

"There's not enough of you", which is the most important one.

hill, identifying the house's name in a kinda Spanish way.

olive drabs, pointing at its flacon's colour.
10 years ago
Quorum by Antonio Puig.
10 years ago
Welcome aboard Aisling! I think that a bullseye in your first attempt can't be anything different than a good sign.
10 years ago
Thank you for your welcome. It was an easy guess, pa still has a bottle of this.
10 years ago
We have a new player! As you made the last correct guess Aisling, it is now your turn to post the next clue.
10 years ago
If you recognize the poem, then you'll easily guess the perfume's name.

Nature’s beauteous form
contains a lovely essence
called by some — decay.
By this lovely presence
new life finds its way.
Tears shed silently
are but water of the soul:
they bring new life
to the pain of being –
a separation from that seeing
which makes death whole.
10 years ago
Oh, Dune... I wonder if people at Dior's were thinking about Frank Herbert while creating it...
10 years ago
Dune it is.

A homage to Christian Dior's childhood home in Granville, where sea meets land, Dior created the fragrance Dune.
10 years ago
Pity that St. Alia of the Knife had nothing to do with it... I miss her SO much!

An orb engulfed in fishnet skin, all black, Italian made.
A '90s child, rarely now seen, but loud as a grenade.
10 years ago
Ferré by Ferré.
10 years ago
I didn't even make it to pouring me a glass of whisky! Goodness gracious Aisling, you are a fast shooter! And a sharp one as well...
10 years ago
Thanks a bunch.

Two clues;

Snookie!

10 years ago
"New Jersey" by United Scents of America?
10 years ago
I'm not sure I got it... Two clues for one or for two perfumes? I guess it's got nothing to do with Snooki, as she lacks an "e". So, Sugar Cookie by Demeter Fragrance Library for the first clue, since there are four Sweetehearts and I can't decide which one it might be with no further evidence, and Heart Violet by Helena Rubinstein for the second.
10 years ago
No and no. Sorry!

So, we are looking for one perfume, or rather, you are looking.

Snookie or Snooki, it's debatable, but it doesn't matter, it's a hint as to the name. The image is a clue about the designer.

Here is a third clue about one of its notes.
10 years ago
Amorito by The Body Shop?

Amorito is a Spanish synonym for snookie, the perfume has a prominent chocolate note, and a heart is usually found in a body, whether a white one in a magenta square or not.

It could also be Vampire by Parfums de Coeur, with snookie being Sookie from Vampire Diaries with an "n", with its dominating chocolate note, as vampires are notorious for their crash about it, and with the heart pointing to the "coeur" part of the house as in Le Coeur Gothique, which would be my Parfumo name if more letters were allowed, and which of course means heart in French...
10 years ago
Vampire by Parfums de Coeur is the correct answer.

The fine gentleman is Eric Northman in the True Blood series.

The logo of the designer.

And the last clue was Mexican chocolate of course, a prominent note of the perfume.

Well done, GothicHeart.
10 years ago
Oh my... I feel SOOO embarassed! I just realised that while I had "True Blood" in mind, I misplaced Sookie in "Vampire Diaries", from which I haven't watched a single episode. Apologies to all "True Blood" fans, whose ranks I strengthen. So yes, I know... Alexander... Acclaimed as the prettiest of all Stellan Skarsgård's adult sons, who are all over 6'3"! All five of them, their father included! Sookie must really have some nerve for adressing a vampire towering a whole foot above her with such barefaced audacity! Perhaps she was wearing this...

Some Monica in twenty-twos was its Egeria posing.
Some fifteen facets were its clothes. Too bad it died a tyke!
Some draped red square was its abode. Forever there reposing.
Some day in France, some black belt grade, its maker's name alike.
3951 - 3975 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to