Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3976 - 4000 by 4531
10 years ago
"L'Insolent" by Charles Jourdan?
10 years ago
Spot-on Cryptic! And just like its campaign's unknown then face, it's getting better with age. (Still ashamed about wrong series Sookie...)
10 years ago
Nice!

Colors were what this line was about:

Put the bottle in a can

And they'll buy it, no doubt!

But some hues didn't sell as well as they should,

And sadly they've been discontinued for good.

You can still sometimes find them at your TJ Maxx,

If you look for the line that is named after slacks.

Name the house and identify the line, please.
10 years ago
Would this be the Versace range of "Blue Jeans" that also come in black, green, baby blue, baby rose and red?
10 years ago
You forgot Yellow, White, and Metal both for women and men. There's also a plain, no colour Jeans for women. For the last few years, they come under the Versus name on their cans rather than Versace. I guess we were lucky enough that he stopped in Metal and didn't go on with aluminum, steel, iron, tungsten, whatever...
10 years ago
Oops, didn't notice all those others but... Metal Jeans Men? Sounds more like a Tin Man army than a heavy rock band.
10 years ago
That's it, Triffid. Smile

10 years ago
Great rhyme, Cryptic.
10 years ago
Thanks, Mia. I learned from the master (Triffid).
10 years ago
Me thinks you all are Jeopardy bound. Arrow
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Thanks, Mia. I learned from the master (Triffid).

Thank you Cryptic, poetry is not dead at Parfumo!

Is this the smell of cardboard
Or the scent of moving house,
Little ones up on a hill
Complete with child and spouse;

It seems that I'm mistaken,
It is none of those at all,
This perfume packs a leathery punch
Before the lady falls.
10 years ago
Boxeuses by Serge Lutens matches a thing or two.

Cardboard smell and moving house could be a reference to boxes. Edwin Lutyens was a famous British architect, who designed and built India's new capital, New Delhi. The city is also called Lutyens Delhi. There he build quite a lot of bungalows for goverment officials to move there along with their families. So I think this fact covers the "Little ones up on a hill/Complete with child and spouse" part of the clue. Oh, and his name is also identical with Lutens of course. The perfume has leather as one of its main notes, and finally boxeuses are female boxers in French, all about punches and ladies falling.
10 years ago
That is certainly some thorough research Gothicheart and yes, "Boxeuses" it is.
The clue about little ones on a hill is a reference to the opening line of the famous song by Malvina Reynolds called 'Little Boxes" (a satirical take on suburbia). Little boxes on a hillside, little boxes made of ticky tacky ....

Embarrassingly, I thought this perfume was a literal French translation of, well, the word boxes. I had to add the second verse when I discovered it referred to female boxers (leather gloves and all).
10 years ago
Aye Triffid, "thorough search" is my third name. "Competely wrong " is my second one... So, Lutyens and Lutens was a somehow matching coincidence? Well, what were the chances for this to occur? French for box is boîte. French for wood is bois. French for wooden box is boîte en bois (boo-at-an-boo-a). Sounds a bit more like some African capital, doesnt it?

Spicy, mysterious, farflung, dense...
Seems she's mispelled, but no!
This Latin beauty got it right
some twenty years ago.
She lived inside an artifact,
luscious, unique and shiny.
Her lost, narcotic slanted eyes,
where mercury unborn there lies,
cannot be thought as tiny.
10 years ago
Asja by Fendi.
10 years ago
Exactly Aisling! A stunning amalgam, way more opiate and mercurial than today's poor excuses of Opium and Cinnabar...
10 years ago
I am not good with rhymes, so I will have to rely on other people's creative steak.

Dig if you will, the picture
Of you and I engaged in a kiss
The sweat in your body covers me
Come on, darling, can you picture this?

Dig if you will, the courtyard
An ocean of violets so blue
Animals strike curious poses
They feel the heat, the heat between me and you.
10 years ago
Oh! That's a lot!

Prince? But which one? Burashid's, Dorall Collection's, Al Rehab's, Lush's, or DSH Perfumes'? If it's about one of his albums, there are three Lotus Flowers, by Scherk, by Ahmed Soliman and by Eastman Royal Perfumes, two For Yous, by Algi and by Shirley May, two Parades, by Virtualbrands and by Rigaud, Batman by Marmol & Son, Expectation by Joubert et Cie, News by Parfums Gentyand and 3121 by Prince himself. Unless it's Purple Rain by Heymountain Cosmetics, since "When doves cry" is included in his same title album. I think I'll stick to it...
10 years ago
You were on the right track, but you took a wrong turn. A pity, GothicHeart.

If this perfume was created by a German house/company, it would probably be called Zeitgeist. Thankfully it was not, so its name is much more euphonious.
10 years ago
Wasn't his band called The Revolution? There are lots of those too. Maybe the one with the exclamation mark "Revolution!" by Chiemsee. Not very euphonious though. And it's nothing to do with doves, as in Paloma, is it?
I checked the database and there is no perfume called "Unpronounceable Symbol".
10 years ago
I am sorry, Triffid, but no. I thought that the second clue made the answer too obvious.

I'll add something last. It's a perfume from a very, very famous and quite old fashion house.
10 years ago
Oh, I see... Nina Ricci's L'Air du Temps.
10 years ago
We have a master linguist. Très bien GothicHeart!
10 years ago
Merci beaucoup Aisling (stressed on the second "i")!Funny thing is, that a perfume called Zeitgeist actually exists! It was launched last year by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin.

If a "c" goes, then this one shows to someone fond of never,
who, when it comes to notes, denotes one of the greatest ever!
10 years ago
Acteur by Azzaro.
3976 - 4000 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to