Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

4001 - 4025 by 4531
10 years ago
Is it "Jako" by Lagerfeld?
10 years ago
I think you are right, Cryptic. Jacko is Michael Jackson's tabloid nickname. Never stands for the Neverland Valley Ranch. As for the notes, the base ones are Leather, Musk, Sandalwood, Frankincense. Definitely great ones.
10 years ago
Plus, GH always seems to select his clues from his own collection, and "Jako" is part of it. Wink
10 years ago
I was hoping I was the only one to notice. Cool
10 years ago
Hey Triffid, did you hear the rumours about GothicHeart's clues? Come on Ladies! I ownn only 12 perfumes out of my 20 clues so far! Barely 50% more that the ones I don't have... And Jacko it is! Although when I wrote about notes I was literal. You know, notes as in music stuff. But I totally agree with Aisling about the greatness of the ones she mentioned!
10 years ago
I hope that this scent was designed tongue-in-cheek,

But the bottle is certainly not for the meek.

It was intended to look like a celebrity singer,

But Homey the Clown is, in fact, its dead ringer.
10 years ago
I'm thinking "Minajesty" by Nicki Minaj could be a sure thing. A bit like Ronald Mcdonald on acid. It now has a blonde flanker.
(I once wrote a clue about its twin fugly flacon 'Pink Friday' and received a few other interesting suggestions as answers, including the unquestionably creepy and hideous Dolly Girl series by Anna Sui.)
Please tell me there are not more of this type around.
10 years ago
Yes! Your turn, Triffid. Smile
10 years ago
Thank goodness - I was beginning to fear there may be others. A sales rep once told me, without a trace of irony, that these were 'collectible'. Sheesh!

The brand's a Cold War slogan,
Though which side is not agreed,
The perfume's in a bird cage,
Is it waiting to be freed?
10 years ago
Release Me Red or Dead for women.
10 years ago
Did that sales rep look anything like this?

As for the clue...
10 years ago
Ooops! While busy making some laughs, I failed to see Aisling coming...
10 years ago
Faux pas, GothicHeart.
10 years ago
Oh not at all Aisling! It's not like we came to the same event dressed identically, despite our designer swearing about the uniqueness of our attire. After all it has happened again. If Release me it is, you saw it first. Simple as that...
10 years ago
Aisling has snatched the prize but kudos for the graphic Gothicheart. It would have been more entertaining that way but David Jones is a respectable department store whose SAs are snooty well-coiffed matrons clad in black (and with no sense of humour alas.)
More like this....
10 years ago
L'état, c'est moi!
declared the one, the other
a known anti-bourgeois.
10 years ago
David Jones Triffid? I didn't know that Flying Dutchman's captain had turned into filling his locker with cosmetics... Well Aisling, it has to be one of Louis Quatorze by Hové, Le Roy Soleil by Salvador Dali, or Le Roi Soleil by DSH Perfumes for the first part and one of the ten Rosas (for Rosa Luxemburg) or Laura Ashley's Emma (for Emma Goldman) for the other. Which could also be C'est la vie by Christian Lacroix, or Selavi by Schuberth, as they both sound and look like Sélavy, which was perhaps Marcel Duchamp's most famous persona. And God, anti-bourgeois he was, just like everything Dada. Finally, I'll propose Salvador Dali himself and his Salvador, to pair his aforementioned Sun King. Now, if you thing I've gone a little to far, and the game's rules are not about guessing ten perfumes for each clue, please let me know by awarding or un-awarding my least awarded perfume picture for a day or two (it's Clinique's Happy), and no offense will be taken. A swift, emphatic and above all anonymous way for telling someone he's kinda overdone it. Gosh, I should be a spy...
10 years ago
This man perplexes me...

So anyway, you are looking for one perfume. I've given you two clues, one for the name and the other for the designer. It might be in the long list of perfumes GH has already mentioned or not.

So what is it?
10 years ago
Le Roy Soleil by Salvador Dali...
10 years ago
10 years ago

My apologies for perplexing you... Alas, that's what spies do!

They look a bit like ordnance rounds,
metal, cylindrical and mat.
They sound as looted from the East,
by heirs of the Latium grounds.
A polycyclic one's our feast.
From milky ways its name is got.
10 years ago
I'll start things off with what is undoubtedly an incorrect guess: "Aoud Moon" by Montale?
(Sadly, David Jones, or DJs as it's known to locals, does not use the services of either David Bowie nor other notable figures).
10 years ago
I'm not sure if I have it, but "polycyclic" made me think of musk right away. When I plugged "musk" into the advanced search, this came up, and it seems to fit the other clues:

www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Tesori_d_Oriente/Musc hio_Bianco_White_Musk
10 years ago
Yes it does Cryptic, yes it does... Tesori d'Oriente is Italian for Treasures of the East and milky ways is a reference to galaxolide, which is a widely used synthetic white musk. In keeping the tradition with my clues' fountain, I own it since yesterday but did'n put it in my collection right away, so as to baffle you. I obviously failed! It nearly left me broken with its stratospheric price of 10€ for a 100ml perfume and a 500ml bath cream. I sprayed two spritzes some 15 hours ago. It's still here... If white musk's your thing, then look no further...
10 years ago
Good catch there, GothicHeart. I'll be back later with a clue.
4001 - 4025 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to