Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

4151 - 4175 by 4531
10 years ago
10 years ago
Oh, and this is NOT Sparta!...
10 years ago
I've never thought the sandals and cape combo was a good look for a grown man (small boys are excused).
Does the picture indicate my success? I shall prepare something if so.
10 years ago
Eeehm... Sorry Triffid... It was just a creative(?) way to tell you that the answer lies within the man kicking poor Ubar to oblivion...
10 years ago
Well I hope he stubs his toe.
10 years ago
GothicHeart:
Oh, and this is NOT Sparta!...

Last edited by Cryptic on 11.07.2014, 22:07; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
This is getting a little surreal... Good, I like it! So, this is Sparta (or not). What would be the scent in a more or less laconic way?
10 years ago

In all seriousness, we went from gloves and islands to King Leonidas and the Battle of Thermopylae. I'm at a loss for an answer, but this is a game, so I'm going to have fun with it if I can. Razz
10 years ago
"Ambre Topkapi" by Parfums MDCI Paris?
10 years ago
The answer is green, four fingered, embroidered with a lot of cities, and including a pissed off "Leonidas" somewhere on it...
10 years ago
"Peloponnesian" by Strange Invisible Perfumes
10 years ago
Exactly Triffid! I hope I'm not the only one who sees a resemblance between Peloponnese and a glove, and thinks that 450$ for 100ml would make the Spartans go to war with the house, no matter how strange or invisible it might be... Cryptic, what happened to your post? I didn't have the chance to follow its slippery path all the way to the World Cup bedlam...
10 years ago
Sorry about that. It seemed a lot less amusing in the light of day. Carry on.
10 years ago
Made me chuckle, thanks Cryptic.
10 years ago
Yes, your reasoning was quite convincing, Cryptic.
As for that damn five-fingered island, I saw it early on but it didn't seem to have a name....

The next one;
This home grown brand produces a perfume with the same name as a local beer.
I'm hoping they don't smell the same.
A certain foreign heiress was handsomely paid to fly across the world to promote the product name.
What's the perfume?
10 years ago
Because of "home grown" I went with Australia, Triffid. Bud Parfums has a fragrance called "Pur Blond" and then there's this Aussie beer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i-zUU7HDaY

I couldn't find a celebrity spokesperson, though. :/
10 years ago
You are right Cryptic."Pur Blond" is the fragrance and Pure Blonde the beer.
But as for the celebrity, I have made a critical error! Paris Hilton was paid some ridiculous amount, half a million or so, to visit Oz and promote what I now realise was actually Bondi Blonde - a rival entry from a competing brewery. I doubt she sampled the product. Her main role was to choose the "Bondi blonde' for the marketing campaign. Goes to show how (in)effective that bit of marketing was (Bondi Blonde was a flop but Pure Blonde is pretty good for a lo-carb beer). Apologies for the misdirection but you got it anyway.
10 years ago
No problem, Triffid. Smile

These perfumes all have something in common. They're not from the same house, however:

1. Marital holiday

2. Hit song from a convert to Islam

3. Datura

4. It's across the river from a famous mausoleum

5. Illicit liquor

6. Artemis

7. Infrequent event
10 years ago
Triffid:
I doubt she sampled the product

But she did Triffid, she did... However, it would be way too ungentlemanly to provide any details. But if we are to acknowledge any credibility to some Aussie blog, then believe me, some errors are so much more critical than yours...

Now Cryptic, it's all about the Moon I think.

1) Honeymoon

2) Moonshadow

3) Moonflower

4) Moon(light) Garden

5) Moonshine

6) Diana/Moon Goddess

7) Eclipse
10 years ago
Nice job, GothicHeart. You're almost there.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. No
10 years ago
I knew it! 'Moon' had to be the key word in all of them. How about Blue Moon then?...
10 years ago
There you go. Smile
10 years ago
I thought of posting something about werewolves as my next clue, but my horror literature skills are running a bit low for the moment. So...

Grand Turk, Salem, Recovery,
in white seas and skies,
have made it famous, all in blue,
and earned it the most faithful crew.
Each one a new discovery.
An icon for the guys.
10 years ago
For a faithful crew and male icon you can't go past "Old Spice" by Shulton or perhaps "Old Spice (1963) by Proctor and Gamble, both of which feature the white sea and sky. If it's all blue you're after there's "Old Spice Whitewater".
10 years ago
That's the one Triffid! The "all in blue" part was actually about the colour of the ships that have sailed on its bottle. Did you know that before Procter and Gamble ruined everything (as usual) no less than a dozen of them had been depicted on it?
4151 - 4175 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to