Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

4176 - 4200 by 4531
10 years ago
Well, I didn't know about those little ships on the bottles being real life vessels, how sweet, imagine having the whole collection!
I'm after two perfumes and two flankers.

Celebrity couple,
Though not in real life,
Their scents show potential
For husband and wife;

Hers is for ladies
Though male in its name,
And he's got the female
To sell to the same;

He had a song called
Her perfume's name, too,
There's plenty of tweenies
Who wished it were true!

They've each got a flanker
with cynical name,
Is it just me, or does
This sum up fame?
10 years ago
How about "Girlfriend" and "Next Girlfriend" by Justin Bieber and "Boyfriend" and "Billionaire Boyfriend" by Kate Walsh?
10 years ago
Well, I don't get the "couple" thing, but they sound like Boyfriend and Billionaire Boyfriend by Kate Walsh (who's that?) along with Girlfriend and Next Girlfriend by Justin Bieber (I know who's that). And now I'm gonna go and spray half a good deal of Quorum on me, to forget I even typed something bieberish...

10 years ago
10 years ago
Such speedy responses! You're both correct but Cryptic appears to have arrived first.
Gothicheart, Kate Walsh is an American actress, a lot older than Bieber though. I thought the "couple" thing might be misleading as they're not affiliated in any way (it was meant to refer to the perfume names) but I figured there were enough giveaways in the clues to get you to the answer.
"I do not endorse the perfumes or the brands in this game. I do not judge product quality when an idea presents itself". (Famous Person Quote that you may be unfamiliar with)
10 years ago
By the way, nice avatar flora evolution Triffid! It seems your day has finally come...
10 years ago
Thanks, Triffid.

These two fragrances would have the same name, but for one letter. The first is a designer perfume that was discontinued. One of the noses was a person we sometimes call "Chemical -----" (trademark Sherapop) here at Parfumo. The second is a recent release that cleverly combines eau de toilette, eau de parfum and extrait in one bottle. Name the two perfumes and the two houses.
10 years ago
GothicHeart:
By the way, nice avatar flora evolution Triffid! It seems your day has finally come...

Oh thank you. It's like having a haircut and self-consciously wondering if people will notice. It does end badly though....
10 years ago
I'd say Piotr Czarnecki's Sensei for the recent release, but although it comes to these three concentrations, it's actually three bottles strapped together rather than a single one. As for the designer's discontinued one, there are two perfumes called Senses but neither's perfumer is known (at least to me). On the other hand and without knowing this inside lingo, "Chemical" sounds somehow fitting for Jacques (Polge) who created Emanuel Ungaro's Senso which is certainly discontinued, but changing only one letter wouldn't turn it into Sensei...
10 years ago
I think I can help...
I was sure that we were referring to 'chemical Albie' aka Alberto Morillas, creator of "Sensi". He has a huge portfolio and I've been struggling to find any of his perfumes that correspond to this fancy new perfume bottle in three strengths.
10 years ago
"Chemical Albie" it is, Triffid. Wink "Sensi" is correct and so is "Sensei." According to someone who owns it, that's one bottle with 3 different sprayers.

Last edited by Cryptic on 17.07.2014, 11:57; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
I feel that Gothicheart should take the next one as I would still be stuck in Albie's portfolio without that perfume prompt.
10 years ago
I've read that only 20 handmade copies of this bottle were made. If so, then Cryptic, you are a very privileged (and lucky) woman! I wonder what would happen if you press its three sprayers all at once... I also wonder what would be the expression on Mr. Morillas' face if someone called him "Chemical Albie", which surely sounds more fitting for a meth cooker than it does for a respected perfumer. Something tells me it would be priceless...

All right then...

Number fifteen, wearing a hat, as any French would say.
She has four sisters and a bro all younger than she is.
Her stronger sister and her bro are now gone away.
One blue, one hesperideous, and one who don't say nay
are all that's left exclaiming their vowels in reprise.
10 years ago
Nice poster. (I believe Chemical Albie also had a cameo in Breaking Bad)
"O de Lancôme" is my conclusion with the defunct siblings being "O de Lancôme Intense" and "O pour Homme". The hesperidic one is "O de L'Orangerie", the blue one "O d'Azur" and the non-naysayer "O Oui!".
I get that the 'hat' is the circumflex in the word Lancôme but not sure about the number fifteen reference?
10 years ago
You are so right! The hat is also hovering above "O", which is the 15th letter of the alphabet.
10 years ago
Sometimes, when you ask why, this is the reasonable answer.
I shall have a cup of coffee, Italian of course, whilst you work it out. Please use the picture below for inspiration - the perfume came a little after this.
10 years ago
Although I can't imagine how could anyone combine these two,

I think that Roberto Capucci(no)'s Parce Que does it.
10 years ago
"Parce Que!" it is (I feel the exclamation mark is integral to the spirit of the name). It's the universal response to all difficult questions. I would like to see the logical flanker "Because Why?".
And as for that Capucci dress - you'd be struggling to get behind the wheel in that number, though it's quite moderate when compared to some of his other designs. Perhaps the idea was to stand by the roadside and just admire the guy in the cool car whose colour matched your outfit?
10 years ago
Or, to elaborate a bit...

If it gets some of abc, in Italy it darkens.
Child of the sands, your emptiness no one no longer harkens.
Francisco Cuervo visioned you as your loud lot was leaving.
And now beneath Africa's sun, your guile ees are heaving.
10 years ago
"Tenere" by Paco Rabanne?
10 years ago
That's the one Triffid! These sands never fail to inspire, as this 1983 object of desire clearly shows...

10 years ago
Or this for the less adventurous:
10 years ago
Many scents are named for New York and this might be one of them. Or maybe it's just a village of foolish goat herders. Created by a man who has also produced an object of unquestioned reverance and devotion, an object of magical potency.
10 years ago
Now, this is a challenge for someone called GothicHeart. It may come as a shock to any dark children monitoring the thread, but Gotham has nothing to do with gothic; it's all about goats. At least we still have Neil Morris' Fetish as a consolation... And now I'm gonna go play Savatage's "New York City don't mean nothing" on ten, to right my wrong...
10 years ago
What the hell, why not turn it up to eleven?
And you are, of course, correct for both fragrances and remarkably prompt in reply. Was it that easy? I ddn't even mention Batman!
4176 - 4200 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to