Search Forum

A fragrance gift this Christmas / holiday season ?

A fragrance gift this Christmas / holiday season ? 9 years ago
Are you giving or asking a fragrance for Christmas? Or for other festive days?

I'm curious which fragrances you will be giving to, or asking from your loved ones and relatives. Is it something specific or will you have to guess and choose something and hope they like it? Personally I will be asking for Tabac Original (the aldehydes and tabacco scent), or for "Brut".

What about you?
9 years ago
I am giving "Orange Star" and "L'air du desert Marocain" - the travel sizes - of Tauer Perfumes. Hidden inside a piece of clothing for my close relatives women.

From me to me - I have bought "Pure eVe" by The Different Company. It arrives after Christmas from Germany. Just as well.

Lately I have bought so much that I have to tow the line. I am a Perfumaholic.

So much was - "Tonka Imperiale" bottle, "Rouge No. 2" bottle, "Billet Doux" bottle, "Mon Precieux Nectar" decant, "Ylang & Vanille" bottle ... stop stop I am going bankrupt. (Just kidding.)
9 years ago
"From me to me" - and why not? I like that sentiment Pipette!
I'm not giving/receiving as much fragrance as last Christmas. The family are insisting they have quite enough for the moment and I'm going to Europe next year, when I'll no doubt buy up the whole continent.
So, in the interests of restraint, I bought myself a bottle of Montale "Jasmine Full" (on behalf of the Triffid sons) as it finally appeared at Fragrancenet and there was a decent special offer on. My sister is giving me a bottle of Tauer's "Zeta" (a good buy from a local perfume collector's clean out sale).
I've already added these new acquisitions to my Parfumo collection, despite not being able to use them yet.
9 years ago
It is bizarre the thought that your family is insisting "we have enough" ...

Give a Perfumista the possibility to receive more, she would be ready with hint, hint.
9 years ago
Pipette:
It is bizarre the thought that your family is insisting "we have enough" ...

Give a Perfumista the possibility to receive more, she would be ready with hint, hint.

Agreed, Pipette! My sister is a two bottles at a time kind of person and is still using up the ones given in the previous year, panicking that they might go off.
The Triffid sons were gifted a few things during the year and the older one seems open to another new fragrance or two but doesn't seem to want his Christmas allotment to be taken up by perfume.
Mr Triffid now has lots but is, I think, feeling a secret shame that he owns all these bottles. I took back the shared ones that were really mine, so that I could show him all that empty perfume real estate! Still, I'll be persuading him to sample things when we go on our trip so there's always more on the horizon.
9 years ago
Sadly, my family will probably have an intervention if I request another perfume this year. Way to support individual interests! I will be giving my last unopened bottle of the Iceberg Fragrance to my Dad's Girlfriend, Library of Flowers Linden to a young female friend and Keiko Mecheri's Osthmanthus to my other elegant friend. I gave my husband my coveted bottle of Helmut Lang Cologne- which he is totally digging! I wish someone would surprise me one year with a bottle of Carnal Flower (Ha, fat chance!).
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community A fragrance gift this Christmas / holiday season ?
Jump to