Search Forum

Either/Or

126 - 150 by 253
9 years ago
space opera.

Either taking care of a lion for 1 afternoon (like in a zoo, with instructions over the phone),

Or taking care of a big fat hippo for a month (instruction by phone too).
9 years ago
Shocked Oh My do I have too? Oh well, I'll take the big fat hippo.

Changed my answer to the Lion. Thanks to Grey. I may live longer if I meet up with the lion.

Fenced yard or hedge.
Last edited by Cincy on 25.02.2015, 17:49; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
Cincy:
Shocked Oh My do I have too? Oh well, I'll take the big fat hippo.

Cincy, two hippo facts to remember:
-A South African friend likes to remind me that hippos kill more people than lions.
-Shovel. Shocked

Fence

light bulbs: incandescent or LED?
9 years ago
LED.

Thierry Mugler "A*Men / Angel Men" or Chanel "N°5" ?
9 years ago
Chanel #5.

Dusk or dawn?
9 years ago
Dawn.

Living in a desolate outpost colony on Mars or Living in a highly technically evolved overcrowded urban colony on Jupiter?
9 years ago
Both sound wretched, but I'll take Mars and try to fix the place up while I'm there. Jupiter sounds FUBAR.

Twilight series or Lord of the Rings trilogy?
9 years ago
Lord of the Rings

Sting (solo act) or The Police (with Sting)
9 years ago
The Police.
The Conjuring or Chappie ?
9 years ago
Sleuth:
The Police.
The Conjuring or Chappie ?

Sleuth, to be honest I had to look up the synopses of these movies. Not my usual fare. But the choice was made easier when I read The Conjuring is a horror flick. REALLY not my thing, so...

Chappie

Paul Klee or Joan Miró
9 years ago
Joan Miró. But I'd sell it or give it away because it's REALLY not my thing Smile

"Rive Gauche pour Homme" or "Platinum Égoïste"? (and please tell me why)
9 years ago
I am sorry, Sleuth, but I'm not familiar with either one. Embarassed I'll pick the Rive Gauche because I don't care for the name "Égoïste." It's like douchebag with an accent and an umlaut.

Perfect climate with earthquakes, wild fires and mud slides or humid summers and cold winters but no natural disasters?
9 years ago
Cryptic:
I don't care for the name "Égoïste." It's like douchebag with an accent and an umlaut.
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Call me boring, but I'll take summers of chronic, irritating discomfort and winters of cross country skiing over chronically nice weather and the threat of an apocalyptic smack down.

Which falsetto/counter tenor rock song: The Bee Gee's Stayin' Alive or Prince's Kiss?
9 years ago
I'd be willing to gamble on the possibility of a calamity in exchange for great weather most of the year. What gives me pause is the thought of losing the four seasons. Winter I could live without but Spring and Fall in my part of the world are so, so beautiful. #conundrum

Prince. Do not want thee Bee Gees! Very bothering! However, this is worse, IMHO.

Warning: Man squealing on key

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uybtn6ebG0I

Free trip to Paris or the cash equivalent in free perfume?
9 years ago
lol, that depends a lot where you come from Smile I'll pick Paris.

Either 1 extra bottle of your favourite super-beloved perfume, or... a lifetime of free French cheese ?
9 years ago
Sleuth:
lol, that depends a lot where you come from Smile

For sure. The trip to Paris would be much less appealing if you lived in France.

The super-beloved perfume, because I can imagine going through a year's worth of luscious French cheese in a few weeks and ending up with a Brie overdose or dairy poisoning or something.

Minimalistic perfume bottles or blingy ones?
9 years ago
Minimalistic. It's all about the juice. I hide all my bottle in a dark cupboard anyway.
9 years ago
Briarthorn:
I hide all my bottle in a dark cupboard anyway.

Same here. I'm not immune to being influenced by a beautiful bottle or turned off by a hideous one, though.

Someone offers you your choice of the first bottle, which miraculously contains vintage Shalimar, or the second, which is filled with pond water. Which would you pick?

www.parfumo.com/Users/DemonHead/PerfumePicture /30355
Last edited by Cryptic on 02.04.2015, 16:23; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
Cryptic, when I read your question I immediately thought of the same bottle. You know, every time I see that bottle it makes me wonder how the Lucas Film/Star Wars franchise became so destitute. I mean, why else would they sell Nicki Minaj the image rights to C3PO just so she could dress him up in a red wig and bustier? Sad

Vintage Shalimar in a Nicki Minaj bottle.

Tax rates as low as possible and you pay for your own amenities/services assuring your quality of life or higher taxes for public amenities/services to enhance quality life for everyone?
9 years ago
I've only ever had one nightmare about perfume and it was about that Minajesty. I found it sitting on my dresser and sniffed it. Well, it smelled like asparagus pee so I opened the window and threw it out. When I looked down it had survived the two story fall somehow. At that point I woke up, thankfully.

Enhanced quality of life for everyone.

The Great Wall of China or Disneyland?
9 years ago
Great Wall. I grew up in Orlando so I am all Disneyed out.

White or Wheat?
9 years ago
Briarthorn:
I grew up in Orlando so I am all Disneyed out.

What a fun childhood that must have been. Smile

Hopefully French and Italian bread count as white because I've never really warmed up to wheat bread.

Fame or fortune?
9 years ago
Cryptic:
Fame or fortune?

Fortune.
What's the going price for fame these days?

Kevin Spacey bad guy: Verbal Kint/Keyser Soze or Francis Underwood?

9 years ago
Fame seems overrated to me, not that I would know. There's an Emerson quote that defines success as earning the respect of intelligent people and the appreciation of honest critics. I like that. Smile

I'll go with The Usual Suspects villain because I haven't watched House of Cards. Don't know if you've seen Se7en but I'd put the serial killer role up on the winner's podium for most disturbing and horrible Spacey character.
Shocked

Who makes better movies: David Lynch or James Cameron?
9 years ago
Cryptic:
Fame seems overrated to me, not that I would know. There's an Emerson quote that defines success as earning the respect of intelligent people and the appreciation of honest critics. I like that. Smile
Who makes better movies: David Lynch or James Cameron?

Yeah, I know I'm being an answer hog -oink- but I just had to put in my 2 cents on this question. I'm a huge fan of David Lynch...
The link to the film (below) is from the documentary Lumiere and Company and is a great example of David Lynch's work. The underlying idea for the documentary was to give 40 contemporary film directors a reproduction of Auguste and Louis Lumiere's movie camera from the 1890's to make a new film. The camera could only record about 1 minute and each director had to follow these rules:
-Shorts were edited in-camera.
-A short may be no longer than 52 seconds
-No synchronized sound
-No more than three takes
In one minute, this film seems to use every David Lynch story telling device. Like most of Lynch's films, it's surreal and unsettling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFpoWwY65KI

Vacations: go camping or stay in a hotel?
Last edited by Greysolon on 06.04.2015, 18:31; edited 1 time in total
126 - 150 by 253
Notify about new comments
Jump to