Search Forum

Any Audiophiles here at Parfumo?

Any Audiophiles here at Parfumo? 11 years ago
Lately, I've slowly resurrected an old passion for hi-fi components comprised mostly from the 1970's. Naturally, Mrs. Aromi is overjoyed that her obsessive-compulsive husband has turned his attention to yet another hobby. Shocked

I'm presently building a Marantz system since they were always my favorites for not only sound, but aesthetics as well.

Anyone else share an interest in sound quality and equipment?
Re: Any Audiophiles here at Parfumo? 11 years ago
MNQ:
AromiErotici:
I'm presently building a Marantz system since they were always my favorites for not only sound, but aesthetics as well.

Very nice, my uncle was big into his audio equipment and used to show us different sound qualities depending on the components used, such was the importance... He was a MASSIVE fan of Marantz! He was an art college lecturer and took the video footage that Roxy Music used as stills on the cover of their Street Life album, so he'd certainly been round the best and there's no better than Marantz imho, and as a result i still have my Marantz CD player i bought at 16! Nice hobby AromiErotici! Now if only i could find somewhere to sort out one bust Wharfedale speaker!

Cool. Smile Repairing these classic components is an expensive proposition. You can buy them from certain online collectors or ebay for reasonable prices, but fixing them is another matter entirely !

I prefer them for a few reasons. They have a softer, analog sound ( tubelike ) than their modern, digital counterparts. They also look cool as hell. I played guitar at a high skill level until 8 years ago, making "sound" and "tone" preeminent with me.

I hope you find a reasonable price to fix your speaker.
11 years ago
Unfortunately, my flat is too small for full grown hifi equipment. In one room, I have some nice components by NAD with a pair of simple Mission compact loudspeakers, and in the other room, I have a mishmash of a 20 year old Nakamichi receiver, a Technics standard CD player of the same age, a 35 year old Technics turntable player (fully automatic!), and still a 20 year old Onkyo cassette player.

I am proud of my homemade boxes: 2 little steel blue bass-reflex columns with small Fostex full range speakers. They are also about 20 years old, and I should find the time to replace the speakers and redo the cablework.
11 years ago
MNQ:
Apologies, flu and a birthday prevented me from getting back to this thread, really wanted to share this little beauty. It's my dad's, i was banned from even going near it as a kid! Now i'm hunting one down

Michell Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference Turntable

YOWZA !!!!! Now that is SWEET !!!!! Thanks for the awesome image.
11 years ago
Just saw this today... I guess by my avatar you could indeed say my other love is high-end audio. The picture is of one of my favorite fragrances (Linfedele Haiku) on top of my main rig's Consonance Droplet CD player. As expensive as fragrance collecting can be, being an audiophile is a bank account emptying proposition. Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Any Audiophiles here at Parfumo?
Jump to