Search Forum

abstract art, anyone?

Is there any abstract art on your walls at home?

yes, I have some in my home
43% 7
yes, I have some and I chose it based on colors
12% 2
No, I don't have any in my home
43% 7
Total Votes: 16
abstract art, anyone? 11 years ago
I am just beginning at this late stage in life to appreciate abstract art enough to hang it in my home.

I've seen many pieces with beautiful color combinations, but could never break free from the concept that my artwork needed to be of something recognizable. Can you relate?

Just wondering if many members are fans of abstract art.
11 years ago
I love plenty of abstract art, but it would look incongruous in my home because of the way it is furnished.
11 years ago
yeah, there's a difference between liking something and having it in your home, huh! Even if the decor would support it. I don't know why I'm so resistant to to it, since my decor would support it. Plus, I really enjoy the eclectic look. I like putting things together that mesh well but don't match. Matchy-matchy a big no-no chez Dulcemio. Very Happy
11 years ago
Eclectic decor is wonderful, and I also dislike matching sets of things.

The room on the right works for me. The one on the left, on the other hand, I find jarring.

11 years ago
Ooh, that frame on the left side kills it for me. On the other hand, the right side is inviting but might be too starkly modern for everyday living for my taste. I like it when there's a mix of modern and other styles.
11 years ago
That's true, but I did like the mix of color and the scale of the room on the right. The art dwarfs the furniture on the left, not to mention the burgundy overload.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
That's true, but I did like the mix of color and the scale of the room on the right. The art dwarfs the furniture on the left, not to mention the burgundy overload.

True. I like a splash of color in a sea of neutrals. The left side feels oppressive.
11 years ago
Currently I do not have any abstract paintings on the wall at home but I nevertheless enjoy abstract pictures and sometimes create abstract pictures with my camera.

Painter-wise I do like Pollock, Kandinsky and Rothko, for example.
11 years ago
I usually like still life paintings, but I like abstract as well. I prefer red and yellow or red and gold. they go with the colors of my home better in my opinion. I'd love to have that painting that Cryptic posted.
11 years ago
I have quite a few abstract paintings in my home. A few are my own creations.
11 years ago
Hi MNQ, I'm not too sure about that! I've only recently gone from seascapes to abstract so I'm no pro that's for sure. I will have to think about it and if I do decide to post some, you all have to promise not to laugh! Very Happy
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic abstract art, anyone?
Jump to