Search Forum

Fragrances suitable for sports

Fragrances suitable for sports 11 years ago
A question that popped up (and is both suitable for this subforum or for the IT-people here) was after classifying fragrances that I am wearing for occasions. Among the occasions 'sport' is listed.

Yet, with the new parfumo assistant, when one can be given a suggestion for what fragrance to pick, sports is not among them.

I figured this option has only been added a short time ago and not many people deliberately choose a different fragrance for sports. Or maybe you don't wear any fragrance?

Most of the time I will have applied another fragrance approx. 1-2 hrs before unless the SOTD has such a crazy longevity it lasts for 12 hrs. Most days I go 2030-22hrs due to a combination of work hours and having to pay for parking until 2200hr.
Applying after 22hr (more likely 2245hr when done with dinner) feels like a waste of time with just 1 hr to go. Applying right before can be a challenge with a heavy hitter. But sofar I've not let my decision what to wear be influenced by sports, just on how much to apply.

So, please tell me what is your favourite scent to wear when exercising either moderately or vigorously?
Or do you pick a different time to apply and/or different amount of sprays/dabs?
11 years ago
Nobody? This was more meant as a discussion than as a 'tell me what I should wear'.
11 years ago
It seems to me that many wearers don't make a big distinction for scents uniquely reserved for sports.

When they go to the gym, or to yoga, or to tennis, they most probably wear something light, inoffensive, that does not magnify when sweating.

Or nothing. Just shower gel and water when showering before going to the place of sports.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:38; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
For swimming it indeed doesn't make sense.
Not that I specifically apply before working out, but I don't let it intervene with what I'd planned to wear: mostly 2 scents.
However I will reverse order if that seems more convenient and either apply earlier or postpone application, but the postponing has more to do with longevity the earlier SOTD: when it is still going strong it doesn't make sense to put on a different scent already.

Perhaps it also depends on how much someone sweats? It used to be that I could wear office clothes and cycle at full speed and still not break a sweat. Makes a difference I'd guess.

I just was puzzled to not see sports coming up with the new Parfumo assistant. Only indirectly, hovering over each fragrance will give an indication.
11 years ago
I like to wear "Christian Dior Eau Svelte"- very light and it says it is supposed to have a toning effect on the skin...I need all the help I can get! Sometimes I wear CLEAN "Warm Cotton" or "Amazing Grace" if I just want to smell like laundry, but I really don't wear anything too interesting to the gym ever since I wore a Sugary/Waffle scented body spray (this was about 15 years ago) and some crazy stalker guy kept following me around and trying to whisper sweet nothings in my ear while I was doing bench presses. So Creepy!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Fragrances suitable for sports
Jump to