Search Forum

Photo of the Day

376 - 400 by 471
10 years ago
OK, we will throw in some chocolate. Bacon, marshmallow and chocolate.
10 years ago
Cincy:
OK, we will throw in some chocolate. Bacon, marshmallow and chocolate.

Psst... you forgot the wine! Wink

10 years ago
Cryptic:
Psst... you forgot the wine! Wink

Did y'all drink that whole bottle of Cryptic that Dig brought to the thread?

Cincy, you forgot your glasses at my house again…

10 years ago
Shucks, seems like I leave something everytime I visit. Wink

Those are my favorites, love them Reds. Little upset with Dusty being booted out. Oh well, maybe the new manager will be able to keep the bases loaded.
10 years ago
Wishful thinking.
10 years ago
10 years ago
10 years ago
Run like the wind, desert fox!
10 years ago
10 years ago
10 years ago
What gorgeous winter pics, Cryptic. Apparently you are embracing the absurdly cold weather rather than ruing it. Wink

That Paris pic is stunning. Though I often think the 19th century Parisians were right: that thing is a monstrosity! Laughing
10 years ago
That was hours, and many inches of snow ago, Dulce. This is the worst winter in my memory. I'm beginning to have nightmares about glaciers and icebergs, and frostbite, and hypothermia. Sad Usually I love where I live but recently I've come to regard it as a horrible polar hellhole. Crying or Very sad
10 years ago
Yooouuuu!!, you stole my winter! .... Why?
now You have all winter. Give me My winter back!!

Here is terrible - temperatures of 15-16 degrees Celsius, every single day... even now - 2:30 at night, is +6* C. This is the most non-winter winter that I remember Sad

10 years ago
Laughing Oh noes! A Mudman! It's only January so you may get some cold weather yet... I hope so anyway. Thanks for the laugh, Wolf. Very Happy
10 years ago
My goodness, weather tolerance is so very relative, isn't it? What Wolf is talking about (40ish Farenheit at night) will make residents of the southwestern United States say, "Damn, it's cold tonight! Bring in the dogs!"
10 years ago
Well, I've accustomed to have 4 seasons, and so I like it. Winter is not too cold here, typically between 0 and -10*C, rarely lower: -15-20*C
... still - here is what was supposed to be:

10 years ago
Cryptic:
That was hours, and many inches of snow ago, Dulce. This is the worst winter in my memory. I'm beginning to have nightmares about glaciers and icebergs, and frostbite, and hypothermia. Sad Usually I love where I live but recently I've come to regard it as a horrible polar hellhole. Crying or Very sad

Nightmares, oh boy, that's not good. Your subconscious has enough sense to be afraid of this life-threatening cold!

I have only experienced such extreme cold for one brief period long ago while traveling in Scandinavia in the dead of winter (there's a reason for that saying!) where once I had to wait outside for 30 minutes for someone to return and unlock a door (long story) or make the long trek back to town only to have to come right back again. I chose to wait. That cold wind made such a mockery of my thick coat and thick layered clothing, I could feel it in my bones and vital organs, and realized, "there really is a finite number of minutes my body can put up with this and not shut down." Extreme cold is scary.
10 years ago
I can take bitter cold in small doses, but when it becomes my day-to-day reality I suffer. I think you either have the constitution for that sort of thing or you don't and it's no sense fighting your basic nature.

Wishful thinking:
10 years ago
The consistituion for it, or just be born into it. Those Scandinavians seem to take it in stride, either that or they just have better coats than I did. Very Happy
10 years ago
Constitution for it or a need to survive. I spent about 8 hours in bitter cold today and didn't feel a thing.
10 years ago
10 years ago
no words ...
jeremycowart.com/2014/01/john-schneider/

''A Rare Connection: My Photo Shoot with John Schneider''
10 years ago
Digindirt:
Constitution for it or a need to survive. I spent about 8 hours in bitter cold today and didn't feel a thing.

That's cuz you're a W O M A N.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTYIT8XhrCU
10 years ago
WolfM:
no words ...

How awful to receive such sad news while on the job, and what a trouper he was to hold himself together. Sad

Peggy Lee had it going on, didn't she? So does Dig, for that matter.
10 years ago
WolfM:
no words ...

Before I read the text, I thought these were great acting moments caught on film. After reading the WHY the additional photos were taken, the word narcissistic comes to mind. But I guess that's the domain of actors, isn't it. Having lost and grieved (still grieve) both of my parents, I can't imagine wanting to capture my pain on film. It's bad enough to feel it, I don't need to relive it.
376 - 400 by 471
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Photo of the Day
Jump to