Search Forum

What Smells Repell You No Without Perfumes

76 - 100 by 143
11 years ago
Thank you, Dlane! Hope to find her.
Will this book help me become a more sensitive and kind than grimmish person that am now? Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
I'm sympathetic to both sides here. At first when Florette started speaking French in replies to my posts I wondered "hmmm, why?" I assumed she either assumed incorrectly that I spoke it or that it was simply more natural and enjoyable for her. I thought "well, it's not a big drama to translate it" and so I do, though first I try understanding it myself because I like to learn languages by osmosis.

On the other hand I can understand others not wanting to waste the time pushing her replies through a translator, and in that case I'd say just don't read it. *Shrugs* By speaking French Florette is taking the chance of people not bothering to find out what she's saying.
It would be simpler if you only spoke in English, Florette, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. Perhaps some believe you are purposefully being difficult and that's why it causes offence?
11 years ago
Scarletting, if the author of these "French language" posts was a native speaker with a poor command of English then it probably would be understandable.

As it stands however, it is obvious that her replies are originally written in English and then put through a French translator before being posted here.

If you're looking to learn French, I'd seriously advise you find a better teacher.
11 years ago
Florette, just stay where you are... I go get my little violin... Won't be a mo x Wink
11 years ago
The Bing (or whatever) translator seems to serve well to translate English into faulty French.

Ha ha
11 years ago
I think you need another "e" on your désolé, Florette, but I could be wrong. What say you, numerous Parfumo French speakers?

This could be a good opportunity to brush up on the language by correcting the Babelfish broken French. Thanks Florette! Very Happy
11 years ago
Cryptic:
... I could be wrong

You're not.
Very Happy
11 years ago
All we need now is a troll link and we should have it covered.
11 years ago
Cincy:
All we need now is a troll link and we should have it covered.

Laughing
11 years ago
Dolby:
Cryptic:
... I could be wrong

You're not.
Very Happy

Right, you would only say "je suis désolé" if you were a man, if I'm not mistaken. Also, I was taught that the correct phrase was "J'en suis désolé(e)," but whatever.

Florette, cheer up. Your posts are very educational. Idea
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Also, I was taught that the correct phrase was "J'en suis désolé(e),".

- J'en suis désolé(e)= I'm sorry about this/that/it.
- Je suis désolé(e)= I'm sorry

After this beautiful French interlude we could now perhaps go back to this most fragrant of topic?
Very Happy
11 years ago
Ok..... paper mill

Marsh at low tide.
11 years ago
Dirty socks

Subway train

Basement after a flood

Rotten potatoes

Super glue

Corpse
11 years ago
Seaweed and Seagull poop
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Sure sounds bad! Laughing

Yes, indeed. It was pure evil. THE Evil
And, not - I do not say!
Notice that even my lack of willingness to pretend to be witty on this issue
Very Happy
11 years ago
Pipette:

Super glue

I love the smell of super glue. And no, not for the possible secondary effects. Razz
11 years ago
Looks like the five on one thing worked pretty well guys. You win!
11 years ago
I think that's unfair, considering this whole incident arose from a stubborn refusal to communicate in English to a non-French speaking member despite repeated, polite requests for a translation. If you'd care to discuss this further, drop me a note.
76 - 100 by 143
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic What Smells Repell You No Without Perfumes
Jump to