Search Forum

Video Games that got you through a dark time in your life

Video Games that got you through a dark time in your life 10 months ago

As the title suggests, have you ever found a game that has done this for you and helped you endure?

For me it's Drakengard 2, I picked it up on a whim way back in 2007 at the time things in my life where just horrible. I would play this game again and again just to escape from horribleness that was was going on in my life and I found myself relating to the main character a lot. Lets just say the game saved me from doing something stupid and it will forever have a special place in my heart.

What's the game that has helped you?

6 months ago 1

When I was young (student) I totally relied on Sims 2. It might sound childish now but back then it helped me escape from reality. I felt responsible for the families I played with and it gave me a sense of security and peace overall.

During pandemic which was also a hard time for me I played Medieval Dynasty. Early access at that time but again building and caring for families helped me cope with the situation.

5 months ago

World Of Warcraft. But it became so immersive that I immersed in my own head too much and made it all worse.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Video Games that got you through a dark time in your life
Jump to