Search Forum

Help, my favorite perfume smells different .

Help, my favorite perfume smells different . 5 months ago

Hello,
I have a question about Allure Homme Sport - Eau de toilette by Chanel

I have been using this perfume for 17 years, and have always been super excited about this scent. 

Last year I bought a 100ml bottle online. (From a well known online perfume store)

When using it, I immediately noticed a smell difference. The smell was much stronger, and different. Not like I'm used to. Even people around me noticed the difference.

I had never ordered the 100ml before , always the 50ml.

Anyway a few weeks ago I bought a 50ml bottle from another store. (One of the most popular in my country so it’s definitely legit)

The scent unfortunately turned out to be identical to the bottle that I purchased last year.

I recognize the scent out of a thousand because I have been using it daily/weekly for 17 years. Unfortunately it doesn't smell like it did back then… so I don’t really like to use it anymore…

Now my question was, has anything changed in the composition of this perfume?Is it modified from ingredients? Maybe some other users who also notice this smell difference ? I already contacted Chanel a few weeks ago but never received response.

5 months ago

Maybe there is something changed in you hormonally that your PH level has changed, and the smell is coming off differently from your skin than it used to. Maybe they have changed the formulation somehow, especially if others are smelling a difference also. If it was just yourself taking notice, i could have made some suggestions, but if it's a widespread thing, i don't see them being the cause. 

When others are smelling the difference, how have you interacted with them? Have you sprayed it for a friend to smell directly from the bottle for example, or is it just people you have brought up conversation with at work after spraying it on yourself? (PH Level related) I doubt it is any of these reasons but you never know.

These are more likely...

There have definitely been changes with ingredients in fragrances over the years due to regulations, so i would guess it is probably that or another thing i have heard is that certain naturals can smell differently depending on when they are processed, and over a period of 17 years both of these reasons would make the most sense.

I don't own it. These are just some thoughts.

5 months ago

Thank you for your response.

Yeah I think they might have changed something in their formula / ingredients …

People around me like family , partner, who know me very well and know the smell obviously also say I smell different or the perfume smells different. Not the ‘mmm’ you smell so good comments 🤣 It’s also when I spray it in the air or on a pillow for example. (The much stronger , different but for me more unpleasant smell )

So yeah… it is what it is I guess. I’m kinda curious if other users from this perfume experience the same. (Just to make sure nothings wrong with my smell/ nose 🤣)

It’s remarkable that a changement in your perfume makes such a difference for your mind. Like for the first time in 17 years my favorite smell ain’t anymore.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Help, my favorite perfume smells different .
Jump to