Search Forum

Alyssa Ashley Vintage Civet Oil

Alyssa Ashley Vintage Civet Oil 16 days ago

I recently inherited a lot of vintage perfumes from my mom and one of them is Alyssa Ashley Civet Oil by Houbigant.  It's .48 fl oz in a black bottle.  I'm trying to do some research into this and learn whatever I can about it.  I've been told that it is quite rare and just trying to confirm that this is true?  My mom kept it stored in a box in the closet for decades, and I doubt at the time she bought it that she wore any of it.  When I shake the bottle, there's definitely liquid in it, and when I opened it, the applicator is coated in it, and WOW, what an intense smell.  One of my problems now is to determine how much is actually left in it.  I've been told to put it in the freezer for awhile and then take it out and put it in a warm place and see where the condensation forms on it.  Is this a good idea?  Would it damage the bottle or the oil?  If oil freezes and then thaws, wouldn't that water it down?  I looked online to see possible values on this rare oil and it seems to go all the way up to $400-500 or even more.  Any info appreciated so that if I do sell it, I can appropriately and fully describe it to the best of my ability.  Thank you!  

14 days ago

This is an aromatic oil which contains real oil from the musk animals. Towards the end of the eighties real musk oil was banned from cosmetics. it is a disgrace to hunt wild animals ot even grow them for cosmetics.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Alyssa Ashley Vintage Civet Oil
Jump to