Search Forum

How did you hear about Parfumo?

26 - 50 by 103
11 years ago
Just happened to surf in - but then I saw a lot of familiar faces so I knew it must be good Smile
11 years ago
I was recommended by two of my Fragrantica friends. Very Happy
11 years ago
Word of mouth recommendation by Ms D.

Superior Search, comprehensive directory, prevailing expertise and tone, .. and the migrated lot I hung out with on Fragrantica made me stay.
Very Happy
11 years ago
A friend from both Frantica and TPM referred me Smile
11 years ago
I was referred by two friends on Fragrantica. They know who they are... Thank you!
11 years ago
I found a mention on basenotes and signed up and lurked forever. Smile
11 years ago
Now you are with us and no more lurking, it is not allowed on Parfumo. SurprisedRazzLaughingRazzVery Happy
11 years ago
Cincy:
Now you are with us and no more lurking, it is not allowed on Parfumo. SurprisedRazzLaughingRazzVery Happy

Nope....I am done lurking. Depending on how busy I am, I may disappear for a bit but I will be back. Smile
11 years ago
Initially a very cool and fun member on the F site introduced me to it after he migrated over here. (Sadly he seems inactive for a long time now on both sites.) Then later, Dolby got me even more interested in Parfumo.
11 years ago
A Fragrantica friend coaxed me over. It was good to see familiar names and to be welcomed.
I particularly like being able to upload my own photographs.
11 years ago
was adwised from a fragrantica member aswell Wink
researching a perfume on the web 11 years ago
I was trying to find any information I could on one of my favorite perfumes made by de Nivel, and this was the only perfume community that had a perfume listed from that house. So then I immediately joined the community.

Now I find it to be one of the better perfume communities on the web. The only thing is I don't like the pastel blue and red theme for the website. I feel like it makes for a kind of washed out and inelegant look. Embarassed but I feel kind of bad complaining because this is such a great community in all important respects.
Last edited by NSku on 13.04.2013, 15:22; edited 1 time in total
The Parfumo Logo 11 years ago
That's their logo. It has been in existence for a long time. They cannot change it suddenly. It is a brand mark.

Re: The Parfumo Logo 11 years ago
Pipette:
That's their logo. It has been in existence for a long time. They cannot change it suddenly. It is a brand mark.

[img]

But it's not just the logo where those colors appear but the background on all the webpages. Surely those colors could be changed?
Re: researching a perfume on the web 11 years ago
NSku:
I was trying to find any information I could on one of my favorite perfumes made by de Nivel, and this was the only perfume community that had a perfume listed from that house. So then I immediately joined the community.

Now I find it to be one of the better perfume communities on the web. The only thing is I don't like the pastel blue and red theme for the website. I feel like it makes for a kind of washed out and inelegant look. Embarassed but I feel kind of bad complaining because this is such a great community in all important respects.

Don't feel bad. As soon as new viewers see the professional community, they don't think about the logo anymore and just have a feast reading.
Re: researching a perfume on the web 11 years ago 1
NSku:

Yes, some websites have several colors you can select for the website.
However If this could be changed, would everyone be happy with the new color? This isn't my favorite color either, mine would be black and white ShockedShockedShocked Second color would be green. Lime green. Makes no sense to me to have it changed because one person doesn't like it, we are hard to please sometimes aren't we? Wink
11 years ago
BTW, you can change your background colour in your personal settings!
11 years ago
It is sort of bland and nondescript, but that's a positive thing if you visit the page from work and don't want flashy graphics to call attention to your screen. Wink
Re: researching a perfume on the web 11 years ago
NSku:

Apicius, after all this time I didn't even know I could change the basic Parfumo background color. I knew I could pick a background pattern for my personal page but not for the site in general. Cool!
NSku, we're just glad you found us and we found you... Welcome to Parfumo! I think you'll find that the flexibility/functionality of the site is phenomenal.
Thank you 11 years ago
for such a warm welcome Greysolon! I'm touched!
11 years ago
Someone from another fragrance site told me about Parfumo.
11 years ago
Some one told me about it recently. I had already found it very early on and it wasn't very developed at that time so I didn't look hard enough. I like the fact it is a team effort where everyones input is appreciated. Also very welcoming. I also love the fragrance directory. Most important.
11 years ago
Parfumo showed up in search machines in one or two searches. I also find the data base impressive.
11 years ago
I tried to find a perfume I knew existed on another perfume site, they didn't have it listed. After some googling, I found it here and was very impressed by the features and database available.
Pie graphs! Eee!
26 - 50 by 103
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community How did you hear about Parfumo?
Jump to