Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

226 - 250 by 1338
11 years ago
Oh My, I am sick today too.
11 years ago
Cincy:
Oh My, I am sick today too.

Hey, if Dulce is too tied up with work to receive her guests, I'm sure the guys will be happy to entertain you instead. Don't they look friendly? Exclamation
11 years ago
Yes, they sure do. I'm sure they will fix me a gin martini.
11 years ago
I believe I'll join you when I get home, Cincy.

OT: Isn't it nice to be in a place where you can mention an adult beverage without getting a lecture for it? Yay for Parfumo!
11 years ago
Awww, thanks, Crypic. Some cake sounds good right now.
Smile
Last edited by Dulcemio on 27.01.2013, 17:28; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
A big thank you to the Surrey Police for giving my husband a £30 fine at four in the morning as he was try to defrost the car in sub-zero temperatures before work. It is apparently illegal to leave the engine running in a vehicle in case it leads to a high speed pursuit situation. The car in question was one of these! My daughter's due for its MOT. You could catch it on roller skates (if you wanted too!)

11 years ago
Smellsogood, what a load of bull. Do the police expect us to have all the time in the world to clean off the car, then warm it up? Plus it's not like he left the car unattended, did he?

One time, I was slapped with a $60 ticket for being 4 minutes late to getting back to my car after the parking meter expired (it expired at 6:37 PM, and the ticket was completed by 6:41 PM; REALLY). I walked up to my car at 6:45.
11 years ago
The poor darling was just in the hallway mopping up his footprints! Sad
11 years ago
I've always heard that the police have quotas they have to fill for those non-moving violations, but I don't know if it's actually true. When I get a parking ticket, I always make it payable to the City of ------ Parking Gestapo. It's immature, but it makes me feel better.
11 years ago
Sounds like that officer needed something to do to keep himself awake at 4 in the morning.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I've always heard that the police have quotas they have to fill for those non-moving violations, but I don't know if it's actually true. When I get a parking ticket, I always make it payable to the City of ------ Parking Gestapo. It's immature, but it makes me feel better.

Quotas are real. I've got this straight from a horse's mouth. Though maybe as unofficial as a Code Red in "A Few Good Men" but just as real.
11 years ago
Dolby, where are ya?
11 years ago
I found this on a random blog...I can't stop laughing.

11 years ago
Hayven:
Dolby, where are ya?

El Presidenté's not here? Whew! That means it's safe to sneak into Dolbyworld and have a look around for a minute. Somebody will warn me if she's coming back, right?
11 years ago
11 years ago
My Valentine's Day gift:

A whole year's subscription!!!ShockedShockedShocked

Lest you think my husband is a jackass, I did get a romantic present on top of the gag gift. Wink
11 years ago
Tee hee, I do think it is funny, tell husband I said so and good job.
Cryptic, good to hear you liked your romantic gift.
11 years ago
Lol @ Cryptic. I love your gag gift, hubby has good taste Wink
11 years ago
This is so cute...Listen and enjoy. Who Made This Mess

www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200632637004101

Click on left arrow if not playing.
11 years ago
Aww...the poor little white one got ratted out by the other two. Cute video, though. Wink
11 years ago
A teacher in New York was teaching her class about bullying and gave the kids the following exercise to perform:
She had the children take a piece of paper and told them to crumple it up, stamp on it and really mess it up but do not rip it.
Then she had them unfold the paper, smooth it out and look at how scarred and dirty is was.
She then told them to tell it they’re sorry.
Now even though they said they were sorry and tried to fix the paper, she pointed out all the scars they left behind ... And that those scars will never go away no matter how hard they tried to fix it.
That is what happens when a child bullies another child.
They may say they’re sorry but the scars are there forever.
The looks on the faces of the children in the classroom told her the message hit home.
Pass it on or better yet, if you're a parent or a teacher, do it with your child/children.
11 years ago
Dolby:
A teacher in New York was teaching her class about bullying and gave the kids the following exercise to perform:
She had the children take a piece of paper and told them to crumple it up, stamp on it and really mess it up but do not rip it.
Then she had them unfold the paper, smooth it out and look at how scarred and dirty is was.
She then told them to tell it they’re sorry.
Now even though they said they were sorry and tried to fix the paper, she pointed out all the scars they left behind ... And that those scars will never go away no matter how hard they tried to fix it.
That is what happens when a child bullies another child.
They may say they’re sorry but the scars are there forever.
The looks on the faces of the children in the classroom told her the message hit home.
Pass it on or better yet, if you're a parent or a teacher, do it with your child/children.

Brilliant. I just forwarded this to my son's principal, teacher, and social worker. Plus a few friends.
11 years ago
Dolby:
A teacher in New York was teaching her class about bullying and gave the kids the following exercise to perform

I've already posted this to a friend who is a public school English teacher and loves tangible, concrete examples of life lessons to share with her students. Thanks, Dolby!
11 years ago
You're very welcome and well done guys for spreading the word.
This type of simple, practical, and visual exercise is perfect for having the desired long-term effect on children' minds.
I too think it is rather brilliant Very Happy
226 - 250 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to