Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

651 - 675 by 1338
11 years ago
Dolby:
My nomination goes to la Beck whose neck is in serious danger of snapping from her pigeon frame...

I'd bring a Cheese Fountain to the party...

Because...

That poor things head is bigger then her body. Sad.
11 years ago
la Beck, certainly does epitomize your criteria, Dolby. That t-shirt off the shoulder/hand in pocket/too cool to smile/expression like a model on a runway thing she does alone qualifies her as Queen of Pretentia.

But by far, THE most pretentious, narcissistic dumb-dumb with delusionally over-inflated sense of self has already been mentioned here: one Mr. Kanye West.

If you want a good laugh, just start googling his latest utterances. What a train wreck that guy is, and in dire need of psych meds, because I don't think talk therapy would make a dent. And, to the embarrassment of a nation, he is, sadly, American. (Do other countries produce such stupid celebrities as this?)

Here you go:

m.usmag.com/?redirurl=/celebrity-news/news/kan ye-wests-7-most-obnoxious-quotes-in-the-new-yo rk-times-interview-2013136
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
la Beck, certainly does epitomize your criteria, Dolby.
She does indeed. Exclamation
11 years ago
Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility.
I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change.
~ Frank Lloyd Wright
11 years ago
So he seems to fit in just fine with Becks and co, doesn't he? Wink
I have only seen the Solomon R Guggenheim, and I think Ghery's version more interesting, but I do like that quote. Cool
Last edited by MiaTrost on 16.06.2013, 19:58; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
MiaVonTrost:
Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility.
~ Frank Lloyd Wright

Too funny! I visited many of the homes he designed in the West, and every one of them had serious design flaws that cost hundreds of thousands to remedy over time---arrogant AND incompetent! He knew how to make things look good--but not work well.

Read a book aout him several months ago. Very arrogant man.
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
~ Frank Lloyd Wright

What an arrogant thing to say! Laughing

Arrogance also implies an emotional hole that needs filling, so nothing to brag about, Mr. Wright.
11 years ago
BTW, I fear that cheese fountain will give me nightmares! Laughing Where does transparent cheese come from? Laughing
11 years ago
Sherapop:
OMG: what in the world DOES she do??????????????
Rolling Eyes

I think she's like one of those Kardashian tricks. Razz
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
...Someone send her a care package...

Laughing
11 years ago
Off topic, but going back to men not reading intructions. I once took a reading lamp back to Homebase because it was broken, only to find out it was a touch activated one and I had spent ages looking for a switch, yet still managed to avoid brushing my fingers over the bit that turned it on! Embarassed
11 years ago
Smelly!! Where have you been? xoxo
11 years ago
Smellsogood:
Off topic, but going back to men not reading intructions. I once took a reading lamp back to Homebase because it was broken, only to find out it was a touch activated one and I had spent ages looking for a switch, yet still managed to avoid brushing my fingers over the bit that turned it on! Embarassed

Sounds like me. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
11 years ago
Howdie Peeps! I've been busy. Rubbish huh Wink

I have just come back from the bank with a smile on face as a random woman, walking past, smiled and told me I looked very pretty. What a lovely thing to do.
11 years ago
Dolby:

- Who are your nominees for the biggest Self-Inflated of this world?
- What goodies would you bring to this party?
- Any killer put-downs? (Cryptic, you there wifey
Wink?)
11 years ago
I nominate the shouty, juvenile, full of himself, annoying, Chris Evans.
11 years ago
Good calls everyone!
Now...

Today is: National Boondoggle Day
(This is a rather fine occasion to chronicle all the white elephant projects designed to waste valuable taxpayers' money.)

- What do you think are the most self-aggrandisement projects (past or present) some ego-maniacal politico/government has come up with?
11 years ago
I nominate "The Orbit" which is Britain's tallest public piece of... "art", built for the latest Olympics.
Pass the sick bucket when you're done.
651 - 675 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to