Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

3901 - 3925 by 4531
10 years ago
Pierre Montale and Montale for the first house?

Pierre Mancera and Mancera for the younger, second house?

"Lemon Line" for the perfume?
10 years ago
Ding Ding! Correct Cryptic. I still believe these two houses are marketing fronts - they share the same distributor in the Middle East.
10 years ago
"I still believe these two houses are marketing fronts - they share the same distributor in the Middle East."

+1. Perhaps there was a parting of the ways and a member of the Montale operation decided to go out on his own? There have been heated debates on the other forums about the Montale/Mancera mystery, but I've never paid much attention. Embarassed

Five perfumes each share my name;

I am a plant whose claim to fame,

Is the fleeting nature of my flower,

Which only appears at an evening hour.
10 years ago
Kudos Cryptic! Truth be told I was totally dazed by the clue, not unlike these heated debates you mentioned. Congrats Triffid! You came up with a clue which I couldn't even understand, let alone solve it...

Moonflower by Thymes

Moonflower by Wylde Ivy

Cabotine Moonflower by Grès

The Spirit of Moonflower by The Body Shop

Belle de Nuit Orchidee / Moonflower Orchid by Durance en Provence
10 years ago
GothicHeart, you must be having an off day, because I have stumped you! #shock #awe

That was an excellent guess and an accurate one, but not what I was looking for.

Another name for the flower we seek

May be found below, if German you speak.

10 years ago
This must be an one in I-dunno-how-many coincidence...

Night-Queen by Sirykid

Night Queen by Blue.Up

Night Queen by Auric Blends

Queen of the Night by Possets

Queen Of The Night by Judith Williams
10 years ago
Shocked Indeed it is. "The Queen of the Night" is another name for the plant I want you to find. One more clue before this gets written off as a bad puzzle:

I am a cactus and my flowers are white;

I bloom once a year, but only at night.
10 years ago
Night Blooming Cereus
10 years ago
Brilliant, Cincy! Night-Blooming Cereus it is. Versions are made by Paragon Perfumes, Lundborg, B.D. Baldwin & Co., Eastman Royal Perfumes and Solon Palmer. Congratulations!

10 years ago
Sorry I ddn't finish with the list of houses, I didn't want to win Embarassed Was hoping someone else would jump in.
GothicHeart would you please take my turn. I don't do clues well. Or anyone that has something ready please give a clue.
10 years ago
My bad, Cincy! I didn't mean to put you on the spot. Glad to see you playing again!
10 years ago
No no, my dear Cryptic, not your fault at all. My brain can't come up with anything ---- so I will pass to someone else.
10 years ago
Chivalry dictates that under no circumstances I would take a lady's turn, let alone there are at least three of them around.
10 years ago
What if I beg and plead, waving perfumed handkerchief.
10 years ago
In that case I would consider it a gesture made by a damsel in distress and proceed with a clue, if the sorority was unanimous about it...
10 years ago
Thank you so much, I shall put the smelling salts aside. Shocked
10 years ago
Lol @Cincy. Nice of you to consult everyone first, GothicHeart. It's fine with me if you go next. Smile
10 years ago
Please accept GothicHeart, on behalf of all. You seem to still have a fresh vein of riddles to mine...
10 years ago
Gothic Heart bows and starts to tell the tale of a beast...

This scent, too far in smell and looks for being his first attempt in blending.
A pregnant flacon, muddy green, beneath some Modigliani's neck.
But what can bring nightmares anew, is where this hideous neck is ending...
To a Henry S. Whitehead's gross Weird Tale of voodoo and slavery, on deck.
10 years ago
I know this first guess is not correct but the name and flacon caught my imagination:
"Creature" by Kerosene.
Otherwise "Laguna" or "Dali pour homme" by Salvador Dali might fit the brief?
That's three guesses (cheating).
10 years ago
Kerosene has unforunately changed their quite unique bottles,

with this universal and faceless IMHO one...

Now, would you sleep in the same room with this bottle?...

10 years ago
So was Dali pour homme the correct answer? I thought it fit the brief: pregnant flacon, the long neck, those disembodied lips with a voodoo vibe, but I wasn't convinced about the colour....
The original green Kerosene bottle is very cool, I would buy that without the perfume!
10 years ago
Since Laguna's bottle, although having "The Lips", has no neck (Modigliani or not), is not with child, and it doesn't smell like the closet where Dracula used to keep his capes, then its older brother has to be the one. I LOVE its bottle by the way! If any bottle could claim being a study in surrealism, then this one's the winner hands down. I apologize for the huge pictures, but I haven't found a way to resize them directly online yet. If this is simply not possible and therefore it's chimeras I'm chasing, then I'll put (vintage)Loulou's cap on my head and head for the corner.
10 years ago
I'm always having some trouble when I include hues in my clues, so as not to be misleading. Muddy green was the closest match I could find to Dali's bottle despicable colour... Oh, and while prattling, I forgot to congratulate you Triffid!
10 years ago
Yay. Another musical picture clue featuring scenes from one of my all time favourite movies.
Three perfumes, each inspired by one of the following scenes. As close as you can with the perfume name. I don't think there are duplicates this time(!) but the main word is the thing.
3901 - 3925 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to