Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

4201 - 4225 by 4531
10 years ago
Easy? No! It was just a matter of linguistics...

It sounds like a Highlands kin that went to meet its fate.
In secrecy. Its maker's name could read as Bloke Therock.
A legendary house this one, whose ships on isles await.
And dare to stare the skyline to see their sister's trait.
A tall and lissome beaut she was, but no one heard her talk.
10 years ago
I've had an 'aha' moment at last in the perfumes of Guy Laroche. (Guy = bloke, Laroche = the rock.)
I'm thinking along the lines of clan (Highland kin) + destiny (fate)= "Clandestine" (in secret).
The brother ships are the "Drakkar" frags, the isle is "Fidji" which also happened to be one of my fave perfumes, pre reformulation (the reformulation is a sad, thin disappointment). I think there's a "Horizon" in the mention of skyline and possibly another fragrance reference in the last lines but couldn't reconcile them with a specific scent.
10 years ago
You put a big smile on my face Triffid! Absolutely lovely! There was also J'ai Osé in the "dare to stare" part, but who cares?. As for the tall, lissome and silent beaut, that was Clandestine herself. Oh, and there's just one word to describe how much I love old Fidji. Mother...
10 years ago
My mother gave me Fidji as a teen and I wore little else for a decade until it was discontinued in the late 80s/early 90s. It was sold here through Lancome counters along with the Madame Rochas that my mother wore. Such a lovely scent for any and all ages and a particularly classy starter scent.
But I am rambling...
I shall return with a clue. I need to stockpile a few ideas (in case of unexpected success!).
10 years ago
Fidji rambling is good rambling...
10 years ago
There's something rather poignant
When a perfume with this name
Becomes a 60s vintage,
Discontinued, such a shame;

But wait! A resurrection
In '09 and all is well!
It's like its outlaw sibling
But without the leather smell.
10 years ago
Robert Piguet's Futur and Bandit?
10 years ago
Exactly! It was "Futur" I needed ("Bandit" is just the well known sidekick). When my Futur arrives, this is what I hope to be wearing. Must get busy with the hot glue gun before the postman gets here.....(I would be interested to see what others will be wearing - I want to be stylish but not too conspicuous).

10 years ago
I hope Little Black Riding Hood finds her way too.

But my next clue is more about this kind of future, to offset the black a bit...

Matching in colour and in name, not always oceanic.
It played its figure very well to beat something titanic.
10 years ago
I'm pretty certain it's not this (so not your style!): "Azure Blue" by Novae Plus, unless the kitty figure is the titanic size of 'Kitten Kong' in that episode of The Goodies.
10 years ago
Now that was some serious connections! Everything you came with fits, but unfortunately it's not the one. Try to give the most prominent element in Pierre Cardin's picture something to match. I've never watched The Goodies, as my surrealistic needs are covered by Monty Python, but I just watched "Kitten Kong" and I'm laughing myself silly right now!

-It's only a kitten!

-Oh yeah? It has already eaten the Post Office Tower and half of Westminster Bridge, and it's been giving Buckingham Palace some funny looks too...
10 years ago
I made a short list (before the distraction of Kitten Kong) that included various iceberg, white, and polar themes. I shall proffer this as the first suggestion, mostly because the bottle is white and features a funky zipper! (Also, I thought the Titanic tied in with the ice and the "figure" might be a skating reference that is neatly dealt with by the 'sport ice' bit).
"Fashion + Sport Ice" by Estiara.
10 years ago
Ha! That was good! "Let me unzip my perfume, and I'm ready to go". Sorry, still a no, but you're on the very right path. The "various iceberg, white, and polar themes" are its results. We're looking for their sine qua non prerequisite.
10 years ago
Right, so its going to be cold....sub-zero..
How about "Cool Water Woman Frozen" by Davidoff?
I keep thinking that if that suit was red, it'd make a cool futuristic Santa suit (assuming he slimmed down a bit).
10 years ago
There's a 'Cool Water Woman Frozen' thing out there? Is my interpretation of a cool water-woman or a cool-water woman that got frozen correct? Poor sheila! I think that Davidoff has overdone it a bit with its 35(!!!) Cool Water flankers... Nice take this futuristic Santa one. It would be perfect for a Sci-Fi horror flick!

Now, what we're looking for is surely cold, but it's a lot more important than that. 'Frozen' is a crucial word.
10 years ago
Santa's axe is a nice touch...('Merry Axe-mas' or 'Jingle Hell')
Assuming that "Cool Water Frozen" is the same thing as previous, there's always "Frozen Pond" by Demeter Fragrance Library (I believe this is a winter sequel to that mawkish, rheumy-eyed Fonda/Hepburn romance 'On Golden Pond') or how about "The Iceberg Fragrance" by Iceberg?
Come on, these are good suggestions!
10 years ago
Or "Santa Claus is coming to town. RUN!" It would be all the better if Fonda/Hepburn were trapped underneath. All your suggestions were good, but try to think outside the box. We're looking for what makes water (cool or not) frozen. Sort of a turning point.
10 years ago
I dismissed this flanker due to our recent visit to the parent; however, it's white, it's 'figure' is numerical and it would freeze water at this temp. "Fahrenheit 32" by Dior.
10 years ago
Lovely!
10 years ago
Yay for that.
I want the names of the first and second generation celebrity brands and the fragrance of the younger one.

Something that's quite recent,
A celebrity creation,
And here's the most exciting part,
It's second generation!

First generation's scent could be
The first one of its type,
And now the famous offspring
Has a scent that he can hype.
10 years ago
Julio and Enrique Iglesias and the latter's Adrenaline?
10 years ago
Yes indeed Gothicheart. I thought the minimal clues might stump you but apparently not! Julio's first scent even predates White Diamonds. Have you smelled it?
10 years ago
When I was young and foolish I automatically rejected everything 'celebrity' as a scam. I couldn't have been any more wrong! For the record, I keep doing it, but I think that the current reasons are solid enough. As for the "who made who" game, if we're talking about celebrities with houses named after them, I think it's actually Alain Delon who preceded them all, since he launched his first fragrance in 1980.

She has one girl. Her only child.
A pity that she's done.
For some years in the '80s
her name was Marianne.
10 years ago
Wrong decade, but this caught my eye. Would partner well with our psycho Santa above.
10 years ago
A unicorn and a bleeding to death girl in the same picture is unexpected, to say the least. Even if she's Susan George, who usually had horror for breakfast in a good deal of her films.
4201 - 4225 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to