Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

4301 - 4325 by 4531
10 years ago
I'm having trouble coming up with something that fits all three of your clues, Cema. "Small but dangerous" led to a number of poisonous sea creatures including this one. It's called the Blue Angel, which was also the name of the Marlene Dietrich film that marked the beginning of her association with Josef von Sternberg, and there are several perfumes by that name. "On the sea it brought disaster" doesn't fit at all, however.

10 years ago
What a nice picture! Could it help , if I add that it is in the first geographic, south european?
10 years ago
It does help, thank you. I'll go with "Traversée du Bosphore" because that strait is especially narrow and has been the site of a number of maritime accidents. Also, it borders Europe and Asia.
10 years ago
Your combination is impressing, but I' m sorry you are wrong. The affair was between an Italien and a swedish star.
10 years ago
"Stromboli" by Zeromolecole.
10 years ago
Hello Triffid, that's correct. Stromboli is a small island, with still vulcanic activities.The love affair between Ingrid Bergmann and Roberto Rossellini, both married with other partners, startend while making the film "Stromboli". Nowadays you would say they caused a real ''shitstorm'' . And to the third point, in the 19th century there had been a battleship of the Italian Marine also named ''Stromboli".
Thank you very much, it was a great pleasure for me.
10 years ago
Those extra clues were definitely needed, Cema! Like Cryptic, I had been thinking about venomous creatures and then moved on to icebergs, coral reefs and various disease-causing organisms.
Here is the next clue.
10 years ago
Here is another picture that better shows the context. A Spanish auto might be the most appropriate.
10 years ago
Could it be "Métal" by Paco Rabanne? I saw the first clue earlier and was thinking that there might be perfume bottle out there that resembled a radiator grille, but maybe not.
10 years ago
"Bandit" /Robert Piguet would be my proposal.
10 years ago
Cryptic, you are VERY close. The two perfumes have quite a bit in common.
Sorry Cema, Bandit is not the one I had in mind.The designer was born in a different European country although the perfume name is French.
10 years ago
I was so sure about it, because oft the Spanish automobil enterprise Bandito. Now I' m not so sure but having no better idea , I suggest "Equinox" by Myrurgia, the name isn't really French and Chevrolet not Spanish.
10 years ago
If it's a french word you're looking for, how about "Calandre" by Paco Rabanne?
10 years ago
Cryptic wins the prize with "Calandre" whose name refers to a car's radiator grille. The similarities to "Metal", which came 10 years later, are obvious: both by Spanish designer Paco Rabanne, both share a sleek, metal-framed bottle design, and the 'metal' theme with use of rose oxide in Calandre to (supposedly) iimpart the feel of hot metal.

10 years ago
Thanks, Triffid. I need to sniff Calandre one of these days.

Name the house/perfumer:

The perfume world mourned when you died;

Years later we can say with pride,

That your perfumes are hits,

Which no doubt gives fits,

To Turin, the ever so snide.
10 years ago
I'm guessing Mona di Orio (1969-2011) whose death, at 42 from surgical complications, was unexpected and tragically young. She was apprentice to the great perfumer Edmond Roudnitska but for some reason Luca Turin seemed to despise her and wrote many withering reviews of her fragrances.
If this answer is correct, I will pass the next clue on to someone else to post.
10 years ago
Mona di Orio it is, Triffid. Among other things, Turin called her delusional for comparing herself to a Modigliani.

10 years ago
What an incredible likeness. As stated above, I will leave it to someone else to post a clue (perhaps one of those shy, mystery readers who do not feel they have had a chance in the game?).
10 years ago
Thanks for being so considerate. Smile
10 years ago
Okay, then. Never let it be said that people weren't given the opportunity to participate.

Triffid, I think it's your turn?
10 years ago
They called her Tearie Dearie
And at Christmas time she came,
She drank, she cried, she wet her pants,
She lived up to her name;

She didn't wear a fragrance,
She was really not the type,
This one, though, describes her kind
But minus all the hype.
10 years ago
I'm not quite sure, but could it be "Eau Maman et Bėbė" by L'Occitane?
10 years ago
No but you are on the right track.
10 years ago
Here comes the next: YSL "Baby Doll".
10 years ago
"Baby Doll" is the one!
My sister and I both had Tearie Dearie dolls and, just like real babies, the enthusiasm for feeding and watching it all come out the other end certainly wanes.
4301 - 4325 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to