Search Forum

What are you listening to right now ?

451 - 475 by 1021
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Thanks for the interesting discussion, Scarletting. If you're ever in Philadelphia we ought to go to a concert together. Smile

My favourite part to play is Devil's Advocate! It's like "Devil Went Down to Georgia" but with less Georgia?
(Idk, I just woke up, my jokes are still warming up.)
Sia 10 years ago
Been listening to the fabulous Aussie, Sia. Can't get enough of her. Any of her songs will do.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSH7fblcGWM
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy, you might enjoy the Agnes Obel? She's slightly more on the classical side but the mood is quite similar.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjncyiuwwXQ
This is her most known track and a good example of her overall sound.
10 years ago
Hi Scarletting, thank you. Agnes Obel is just beautiful. The song is familiar - maybe from an advert or soundtrack? I see the comparison to Sia, for sure. I've been reading your posts here and I'm learning about some musicians I hadn't heard of before, so -thank you! Was relaxing to Glenn Gould this morning. Could feel it doing my addled brain some good.
10 years ago
I know Riverside was used in Revenge, I wouldn't be surprised if a few other shows have used it too. What amazes me is that a lot of listeners don't seem to pick up on the darker undercurrent (excuse my pun) of the lyrics? But each to their own!

I can add a few more suggestions from a similar vein:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZPGlvdICDo
This by Promise and the Monster. The whole album is brilliant. Actually, most of the albums for the songs I'm listing are just as good as their "single" quality tracks. I suppose it has something with many more artists these days being self-produced and not rushing for a deadline?

Son Lux is a big love of mine.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeyKU8wGCd4
That video has a splash for American Horror Story as it was used in an episode. Actually, AHI season one (season two was just too uncomfortable to watch) features some amazing music. This track by Mirah, for example:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2x_kL-6gMo

Forgive me if I'm flooding you with suggestions! <3 I have so many I want to mention, I'll leave you with those for now.
10 years ago
Promise and the Monster - compelling! Son Lux - very dark and gothic - fascinating. Mirah - just beautiful and vaguely reminiscent of Sarah Blasko (whom I also love - maybe reminds me a bit of her voice on 'Explain'?)

Happy to get more suggestions any time.
10 years ago
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnhPMdIsOBc

Even if you don't like the music, the video is just too much fun.
10 years ago
Scarletting:
Cryptic:
Thanks for the interesting discussion, Scarletting. If you're ever in Philadelphia we ought to go to a concert together. Smile

My favourite part to play is Devil's Advocate! It's like "Devil Went Down to Georgia" but with less Georgia?
(Idk, I just woke up, my jokes are still warming up.)

"With less Georgia" Laughing
10 years ago
Scarletting:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnhPMdIsOBc

Even if you don't like the music, the video is just too much fun.

That is brilliant! The music is kind of Kraftwerk-esque I guess. The video is really clever - one minute I was laughing and the next minute I stopped and thought, hang on, there's actually a message in this about the world for kids today. It's like watching my little brothers' games (even the wrestling ring -they had one of those) in the early 90's transposed into the 00's internet culture.

And the cat race was super cute. Laughing
10 years ago
It reminds me a lot of Daft Punk too, Homework era, though with less funk. I remember watching "Around the World" for the first time in the middle of the night on Rage... gosh I miss Rage. I should get back into it.
10 years ago
Omg, I just realised that the newscaster at the beginning of the Neosignal video actually says "There's a revolution going on around the world." I think that's a huge nod to their influence from Homework! I wouldn't have noticed that if not for writing that comment above!
10 years ago
Oh yeah!... Well spotted. That's a definite nod to them.

Rage is a real Australian institution isn't it? I still watch the Rage episodes with the special guest hosts. Depending on the hosts you get some really cool, alternative videos that I haven't seen in years. I love that. It's so nice to suddenly see an old REM video or The Pixies or The Breeders or Siouxsie and the Banshees or some other great 80's/90's band.

I've also seen some pretty obscure new bands too so I've picked up on some interesting new music along the way as well.
10 years ago
10 years ago
Perfumecrazy:
Oh yeah!... Well spotted. That's a definite nod to them.

Rage is a real Australian institution isn't it? I still watch the Rage episodes with the special guest hosts. Depending on the hosts you get some really cool, alternative videos that I haven't seen in years. I love that. It's so nice to suddenly see an old REM video or The Pixies or The Breeders or Siouxsie and the Banshees or some other great 80's/90's band.

I've also seen some pretty obscure new bands too so I've picked up on some interesting new music along the way as well.

I don't really watch TV casually. My partner likes having Foxtel and my housemates have it on so I'll sometimes sit down and watch with them but usually not, most stuff I watch is via my PC (or streaming from the PC to the TV). So if I wanted to watch Rage I'd have to set an alarm or something, heh.
I wonder if you can stream it when it's not on, or if not, do people record it? *That* would be perfect.
10 years ago
Nevermind, I'm so silly. In the amount of time I typed that I should have just checked, they totally have a streaming service! Eeee! I have other online radio I listen to but this includes the videos too!

www.abc.net.au/rage/video
10 years ago
Listen to the coolest music in the world:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=en0p1Y35p3w
10 years ago
Gotta fly my uncoolness flag for a moment. IMO, the best parts of The Voice seem to be some of these low key ensemble performances. And this one features my girl Caroline Pennell, sadly eliminated. Fooey.

They start a bit rough, but soon hit their stride.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=N8fZNwQ4qMk
Last edited by Dulcemio on 04.12.2013, 06:27; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
WolfM:
youtu.be/1u6asnomQAM

I laughed out loud. Smile
10 years ago
WolfM:
youtu.be/1u6asnomQAM

My cats were quite intrigued by the wolf howling! Laughing
10 years ago
Scarletting:
Nevermind, I'm so silly. In the amount of time I typed that I should have just checked, they totally have a streaming service! Eeee! I have other online radio I listen to but this includes the videos too!

www.abc.net.au/rage/video

Oh perfect! What a great find - Rage on demand. I wouldn't have ever thought to look for this. Oh well, that's me sorted... Very Happy
Right now I am listening to Founder 'The Tom Cruise in you' on Rage.
Last edited by Perfumecrazy on 03.12.2013, 07:45; edited 1 time in total
10 years ago
Scarletting:
Listen to the coolest music in the world:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=en0p1Y35p3w

Do you know what? This is a crazy - my grandmother grew up on the banks of Lake Baikal in Siberia. I kid you not. How random is that. She, however, did not play ice music on the lake (I'm almost certain). What an amazing thing to see. The sounds are incredible - that 'twangy' bass effect coming from a slab of ice is mad. Some of the sounds are a bit like those Caribbean steel drums.
10 years ago
Dulcemio:
Gotta fly my uncoolness flag for a moment. IMO, the best parts of The Voice seem to be some of these low key ensemble performances. And this one features my girl Caroline Pennell, sadly eliminated. Fooey.

They start a bit rough, but soon hit their stride.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NTf46qqkOsA

Aww... the Voice is kinda cool. Or, at least, it is one of my guilty pleasures. I love the audition phase. Depends on the judges too - next season we are losing Seal and Delta Goodrem and gaining Will.i.am and Kylie Minogue. Hm.
10 years ago
10 years ago
10 years ago
Aww... I am verklempt! Thanks, Dulce. Very Happy

For my Christian friends:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbejNNCTr7k
451 - 475 by 1021
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic What are you listening to right now ?
Jump to