Search Forum

Quotes.....

226 - 250 by 401
11 years ago
Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.
~Harriet Braiker
11 years ago
Yes, it is! I was raised on the notion that you have to strive for perfection if you want to achieve excellence. Very self-defeating.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Yes, it is! I was raised on the notion that you have to strive for perfection if you want to achieve excellence. Very self-defeating.
Same here. Meanwhile I believe striving for perfection is a control freak issue and wonder if it indicates cowardice.

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
~ E.E. Cummings
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Meanwhile I believe striving for perfection is a control freak issue and wonder if it indicates cowardice.

Once the Universe is trying to say same this to Chuck Norris... and since then we say that the Universe is expanding. No, she does not expanding - just trying to get away
Razz
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Meanwhile I believe striving for perfection is a control freak issue and wonder if it indicates cowardice.

I think we're all nuts in different ways and that's what makes life interesting. As long as nobody imposes their perfectionism on me I'm fine with it. Wink
11 years ago
Quote by Cincy

"I adore Cryptic." Wink
11 years ago
*XO*
11 years ago
"Damn you, Stephan - you, and your healthy pears in the fasted state!"

I, a SMS to a friend of mine Laughing
11 years ago
There is nothing more simple in the world than to complicate your life ..
11 years ago
I like that one, Dlane.
11 years ago
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't f*ck them.”
- John Waters
Laughing
11 years ago
A ha, you tell'em John Waters. I just read that somewhere in the last week or so and chuckled when reading.

Thanks for posting Cryptic.
11 years ago
We pardon to the extent that we love.

François de La Rochefoucauld
11 years ago
“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.”
---Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Oh, how often I have agreed with this completely, Dulce!

No amount of exercise, healthy eating or massage has ever felt as good to me as a great night's sleep!
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

---George Bernard Shaw

Yes! And I believe this is because the single most difficult thing we humans can do is to sincerely look at an issue from someone else's point of view.
11 years ago
“It is better to be small, colorful, sexy, careless, and peaceful, like the flowers, than large, conservative, repressed, fearful, and aggressive, like the thunder lizards; a lesson, by the way, that the Earth has yet to learn.”

--- Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume
11 years ago
Good one, Dlane.
226 - 250 by 401
Notify about new comments
Jump to