11 years ago
+1.

"Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy."

-H. L. Mencken
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 07:08; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
"The only people to get even with are those that have helped you".
11 years ago
“Hold dear to your parents for it is a scary and confusing world without them.”
- Emily Dickinson
11 years ago
Going through that right now Cryptic.
11 years ago
"My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company."

-Jane Austen
11 years ago
This particular quote really made me stop and think. It has also been attributed to the Dalai Lama.

"The planet does not need more 'successful' people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every shape and form. It needs people who live well in their places.
It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these needs have little to do with success as our culture has defined it."
- David Orr
11 years ago
I appreciated your comment and was glad you were inspired. To be honest, the quote made me feel as if my priorities are out of whack. Confused

Topic: “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
- Marilyn Monroe
11 years ago
It makes perfect sense. Smile

"The only way I'd be caught without makeup is if my radio fell in the bathtub while I was taking a bath and electrocuted me and I was in between makeup at home. I hope my husband would slap a little lipstick on me before he took me to the morgue."

-Dolly Parton
11 years ago
"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R. E. Shay
11 years ago
"Dancing is poetry with arms and legs."

-Charles Baudelaire
11 years ago
Don't mix bad words with your bad mood. You'll have many opportunities to change your mood, but you'll never get the opportunity to replace the words you spoke.
11 years ago
O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
~ Robert Burns
11 years ago
www.quotegarden.com/manners.html

Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter which fork you use. ~Emily Post

Politeness is to human nature what warmth is to wax. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Good manners are just a way of showing other people that we have respect for them. ~Bill Kelly
Politeness is the art of choosing among one's real thoughts. ~Abel Stevens
Hospitality is making your guests feel at home, even if you wish they were. ~Author Unknown
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones. ~Gabirol (Solomon ben Yehuda ibn Gabirol), The Choice of Pearls
Whoever one is, and wherever one is, one is always in the wrong if one is rude. ~Maurice Baring
Good manners are made up of petty sacrifices. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Visitors should behave in such a way that the host and hostess feel at home. ~J.S. Farynski
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. ~Eric Hoffer
Good manners can replace morals. It may be years before anyone knows if what you are doing is right. But if what you are doing is nice, it will be immediately evident. ~P.J. O'Rourke
Courtesies cannot be borrowed like snow shovels; you must have some of your own. ~John Wanamaker
11 years ago
Lots of great sentiments there, Cincy. Wink

There is nothing worse than a cultural barbarian with pretensions.

-Hubert Selby, Jr.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Cryptic:
Lots of great sentiments there, Cincy. Wink

There is nothing worse than a cultural barbarian with pretensions.

-Hubert Selby, Jr.

One of the most memorable quotations I"ve heard!

That came from Requiem for a Dream. I highly recommend that you don't read it because it's even more depressing than the movie.
51 - 75 by 401
Notify about new comments
Jump to