Search Forum

I have been.......

276 - 300 by 2160
11 years ago
I have been...thinking just how stubborn I am, when it comes to seasonal picks for fragrances...I really don't like light, airy fairy scents....so, in the very high temps...I don't over apply, and pick some of my slightly lighter ones)..plus, I do have lighter samples, so try them. But, if I go out in the evening.....Look Out...here I come!! I love the way the evening balmy temps make my frags stand out. It's like a beautiful frame for a great painting. Cool
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have been cleaning out a recipe file and thought of you sweet-lovers here. This recipe is, hands-down, the most requested cookie from my home-based baking business days, and once you taste it you'll see why.

Shortbread-Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1 3/4 cup plus 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup coarsley chopped bittersweet chocolate, good quality
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.

Using electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar together unitl light and fluffy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stop mixer several times during the creaming process and scrape down sides of bowl.

Add dry ingred. on low speed, and continue to blend for 10 seconds. Increase speed to medium high and beat until fluffy, 2-2 1/2 minutes. Scrape down bowl once again.

Add chocolate chunks and nuts and mix at low for a few seconds., then complete mixing by hand.

Measure out generous rounded tablespoons and shape into a ball; place balls about 1-1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheets and press down lightly to flatten. Bake for one hour, rotating pans top to bottom, front to back, after 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cool on the baking sheets for 2-3 minutes on top of wire cooling racks. Then remove to wire rack, cool completely.

Try not to eat too many, they're rich!

I have been printing this recipe.
11 years ago
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
I have been...thinking just how stubborn I am, when it comes to seasonal picks for fragrances...I really don't like light, airy fairy scents....so, in the very high temps...I don't over apply, and pick some of my slightly lighter ones)..plus, I do have lighter samples, so try them. But, if I go out in the evening.....Look Out...here I come!! I love the way the evening balmy temps make my frags stand out. It's like a beautiful frame for a great painting. Cool

You and I are apparently the same exact person!

I have been wondering why no one has shown any interest in the Mother's Day giveaway. I suppose listing the actual products might generate a few responses. Maybe no one here uses makeup???
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
DiginDirt: I have been wondering--what Mother's Day giveaway? Tell me where to go. I love makeup. Very Happy

In Off Topic... 6 or more threads down, get your butt down there. LOL

I have been make up free for some time now.
I have been 11 years ago
I have been cooking and baking this morning.

Menu....

Baked chicken with herbs

Red rice

Green beans

Lemon Cream Cheese Pie

Dinner will be ready at 1:00

Ya'll come!
Bra's 11 years ago
I have been reading this.......
Professor says bras are useless
April 11, 2013
BRAS do nothing to help support a woman’s breasts and could even be doing damage.

Professor Jean-Denis Rouillon of Besançon CHU found in a 15-year study of 330 women that “medically, physiologically and anatomically” breasts gained no benefit from their weight being supported in a bra.

Breasts would gain more tone and support themselves if no bra was used. Using a bra meant “supporting tissues will not grow and even they will wither and the breast will gradually degrade”.

Some of the women who took part in the experiment told France Info that stopping using a bra had even helped ease back pains.

However, Prof Rouillon said: “It would be dangerous to advise all women to stop wearing their soutien-gorge as the women involved were not a representative sample of the population.”

He said his initial results “validated the hypothesis that the bra is a false ‘need’” but women who had been wearing bras for a long time would not gain a benefit from stopping now.

Prof Rouillon has been carrying out his experiment since 1997; measuring and examining their breasts to study the effects of living without the support of a bra.

He said a principle observation was that the nipple would lift 7mm in a year towards the shoulder in those women not wearing a bra. The breast would also become firmer and stretch-marks faded. He suggested that girls who started wearing a bra once their breasts first started to appear would soon become dependent as the supporting muscle structure would degrade.

ShockedShockedShocked

You tell this to my puppies Mr Professor. Wink
11 years ago
Cincy, you crack me up. How funny is it that Professor Whatever got paid to study boobies for 15 years? Laughing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqxWhBZXF8Q
11 years ago
I have been told I have big boobs (mine BTW) for my size 119 pounds. I know I wish I didn't have them. I would love to go bra-less.

So funny Cryptic. Rolling Eyes Yes, I was thinking the same thing, I guess he likes his job. It must be very uplifting don't you think.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 07:02; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
How dare he make studies on our Over Shoulder Boulder Holder....if he hasn't worn one! What the hell does HE know, what women should, or should not wear! We wear them if necessary...and have a break when needed. I just love these bloody experts, that know everything, and yet, don't have a bloody clue ! Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
How dare he make studies on our Over Shoulder Boulder Holder....if he hasn't worn one! What the hell does HE know, what women should, or should not wear! We wear them if necessary...and have a break when needed. I just love these bloody experts, that know everything, and yet, don't have a bloody clue ! Rolling Eyes
Sorry girls...I'm still referring to the Bra study! A bit behind tonight!! Off to bed now, Had a very Long Day!
11 years ago
Let's call it "Operation Tallywhacker," shall we? Idea

I have been touched by a lovely, unexpected gift from a dear friend. Thank you, Cincy. (((hugs)))
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have been sampling the infamous Poison, Dior, in vintage formula. It's not a perfume, it's an event! (thanks DiginDirt). I have to say that now I'm really worried about my husband's sense of smell---he says he can't smell anything when I stick my wrist under his nose! Oh, dear, I knew he was losing his ability to smell but now I'm convinced it's totally gone.

I hope not. I had a friend who's father lost his sense of taste almost; he "had" to dump a bunch of salt and pepper on his food in order to taste any.

I have yet to sample Dior Poison. I know it's been reformulated, but I can't imagine how it is vintage. Enjoy your sample.
I have been shopping a little. I like Lulu Guiness items, but they are a big pricey (like Kate Spade pricey). I was happy to find the a much cheaper version at JCPenney, and I bought this:

http://imagethumbnails.milo.com/043/134/928/29 0/43134454_43724928_290.jpg

The kitties left noticeable scratch marks on my current purse, so I think this will be a good replacement.
11 years ago
I have been trying to get makeup application tips. It's discouraging. So many steps, so much work.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I have been trying to get makeup application tips. It's discouraging. So many steps, so much work.

Makeup is supposed to be fun and games. If it is a hassle, don't bother. I've seen your photo and you're fierce without it. Very Happy

I have been filling in the escape trench that Charlie Brown was digging under the fence. Good thing I spotted it before he got loose.
276 - 300 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to