Search Forum

I have been.......

26 - 50 by 2160
11 years ago
I have been...

... losing weight because my doctor said to watch my good & bad cholesterol levels, as well as triglycerides or expect an early demise from congestive heart failure. Sugar, artificial sweeteners, and "white food" (rice, potatoes, pasta, etc) are OUT.

... back in the water for low impact exercise, and walking my Great Dane who poops out before I do.

... going on buying sprees. Yes, a few perfumes, because...

... spending a lot of time perusing perfume descriptions and recommendations on Parfumo...

... buying gems & findings & such for making jewelry, which in turn leads to...

... designing & making jewelry, which enables me in...

... avoiding the completion of a writing project, a writers do.
11 years ago
I have been........ informed that today is Fragrance Day.

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy So Happy Fragrance Day to all Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/March/fra granceday.htm
11 years ago
I have been enlightened to this Fragrance Day, and now I am also tempted to buy a fragrance. Very Happy
11 years ago
I have been looking at my 40-year old friend who looks 55, because she smokes! DOLBY!(To clarify, Dolby is not the friend I'm referring to. I am shouting at Dolby about my friend who looks 55.)

Put those fags down immediately, young lady!! They are the devil's tool for robbing women of their looks (not to mention their health).

Tidbit to consider: Native Americans were only smoking tobacco ceremoniously (and occasionally) when they introduced it to the European invaders. It was never meant to be anyone's pack-a-day habit.

I have been known to preach sanctimoniously about other people's bad habits. (But hopefully my good intentions give me a pass.) Smile
11 years ago
I have been considering quitting smoking again because I know I would feel better in the long run and would have more money for perfume.
11 years ago
I have been trying to think of a creating way to hold a giveaway.
11 years ago
I have been worrying about a few things going on in my life right now (about which I won't bore you with the details), and after talking them over with my uncle today (is a woman ever too old to need a father figure? I don't think so), I feel much better about the situation. There is no substitute for age, experience and wisdom. Thank god for elders.
11 years ago
Dlane1953

Let them snark away! Who gives a rat's ass? That's the beauty of getting older. I find the older I've gotten, the less of a rat's ass I give. Walk in there like you own the joint, clasp your hands behind your head and stretch (classic power pose) and just DO YOUR THANG.

Go Dlane, Go Dlane, it's your birthday, it's your birthday!

Very Happy
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
I have been worrying about a few things going on in my life right now (about which I won't bore you with the details), and after talking them over with my uncle today (is a woman ever too old to need a father figure? I don't think so), I feel much better about the situation. There is no substitute for age, experience and wisdom. Thank god for elders.

I have been reading..... this and I agree.... experience and wisdon ...no substitute. Glad the talk helped you Dulcemio.
11 years ago
I have been...wondering if this junk drawer tip will work for me. Rolling Eyes

Empty the whole contents of the drawer into a box, anytime you use the item, place it back into the drawer. At the end of a month throw away what ever is left in the box. I probably won't remember where I put the box.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have been
1) making some friends on Parfumo, or so it feels!

Isn't it great when you encounter your own kind? That's how I feel about a lot of people here.

I have been looking out the window at a very gray sky. Wouldn't be surprised if we got some snow.
11 years ago
I have been...wondering if this junk drawer tip will work for me. Rolling Eyes

Empty the whole contents of the drawer into a box, anytime you use the item, place it back into the drawer. At the end of a month throw away what ever is left in the box. I probably won't remember where I put the box.[/quote]

Aaahahahahahaha!!! Boy, can I relate to that statement!!

But that does sound like good advice. So much stuff I've kept for years and years because "one day I might need that." And of course "one day" rarely comes. I'm getting better and better at letting stuff go.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:57; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
I have been working a lot of hours.
11 years ago
I have been eating cookies and munching chocolate covered hazelnuts even though they are not on My Plate.

The great big U.S. Government endorsed "diet" and health plan.
www.choosemyplate.gov/

Snacking right now at this moment, at 4:45 AM, because I am waiting for the Live Streaming of the Esxence Trade Show in Milan to open. The Europeans are either 5 or 6 hours ahead, what with Daylight Saving Time. I don't want to miss Michael Edwards' presentation. So, meanwhile it is movie watching on Netflix and chatting here.

Update: 5:42 AM - Michael Edwards' presentation begins RIGHT NOW.
http://www.esxence.com/en/
11 years ago
I have been drinking my morning coffee (2 cups) while listening and watching Pipette's link she posted. I only saw the start of it Twisted Evil It stopped before the first speaker. Crying or Very sad

I have been writing my name in the dust on my desk Embarassed guess I will have to dust today. Yuck!
11 years ago
I have been planning to dust for I don't know how long. Since there is no mother-in-law inspecting by swiping a rim with a white glove, the dust is waiting. A quickie thing is ... to use those Baby Wipes. They pick up dust amazingly fast. Wipe over glass surfaces mainly. It may damage the surface of true wood. Over anything else, Baby Wipes!
11 years ago
I have been adding this topic to the Off Topic Section over at the twin German site but rephrased it, "Was machst Du gerade?" They have a similar topic but not exactly this one, and it took off.
11 years ago
I have been thinking whether we should restart fond topics here which were running with a great deal of success over at Fragrantica. This is not stealing or copy/pasting of material that would belong to somebody - just use the headline and restart it here. Mainly the ones who ran the topic there, could restart it here.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:57; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
I have been wishing I had the meal Wichapi had. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
26 - 50 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to