Search Forum

I have been.......

1526 - 1550 by 2160
11 years ago
C'mon Dlane, can't I sell you on the Joy of Aging? Laughing

But, yeah, Alzheimers, that's a whole other problem. Things can run in families for different reasons, though. Often it's just a shared combination of lifestyle choices (such as diet), and those aren't a forgone conclusion. You seem like you eat healthy and are very active physically and mentally. I bet you'll stay sharp as a tack.

abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/ways-prevent-al zheimers-disease/story?id=19498458#8
11 years ago
Screw the gene. A gene just means perhaps a higher probability when other factors are present. From what I can tell, Alzheimers is just another degenerative disease that is preventable.

Anyway, I'll conclude my Aging is Great treatise right NOW.

Laughing
11 years ago
Fist pump!

Now that is making lemonade out of lemons! My parents were masters of that, I'm still learning.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Dlane1953:
I prefer books although to be fair I"ve never tried Kindle or similar. I can think of many opportunities to use one; if you travel and read a lot, it's easier to pack one item rather than 3 books.

My mom's most persuasive argument was that you can actually highlight and mark pages. This is an issue for me, as I read a lot of library books and use post-it flags and the like. Sometimes it becomes overwhelming. Of course, in the books I own, marginalia abounds!

Laughing

I'm not sure about Nook, but Kindle allows you to take notes, highlight, bookmark and store dictionaries in a number of different languages. Smile
11 years ago
I have been catching up on all of you, and I have a dog story for Cincy. Idea My Westie loves chewing gum for some reason. We have to be careful that he doesn't try to eat globs of it off the sidewalk, he's so obsessed with it. One day Mr. Cryptic's stepmother was visiting and left her purse on the sofa in the living room. While we were in the kitchen I heard the sound of small objects bouncing off the floor. Turns out Charlie Brown was rooting through her purse to get the pack of Juicy Fruit. Embarassed
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I have been catching up on all of you, and I have a dog story for Cincy. Idea My Westie loves chewing gum for some reason. We have to be careful that he doesn't try to eat globs of it off the sidewalk, he's so obsessed with it. One day Mr. Cryptic's stepmother was visiting and left her purse on the sofa in the living room. While we were in the kitchen I heard the sound of small objects bouncing off the floor. Turns out Charlie Brown was rooting through her purse to get the pack of Juicy Fruit. Embarassed

Love it! Laughing I don't think I have ever heard of a dog eating chewing gum.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Screw the gene. A gene just means perhaps a higher probability when other factors are present. From what I can tell, Alzheimers is just another degenerative disease that is preventable.

Anyway, I'll conclude my Aging is Great treatise right NOW.

Laughing

I agree with you. My dad's memory went bad fairly early in his life, and I blame it on television. He just would not read or stimulate his mind. I love to read, play board games, and move around. I can't sit still, and I hate tv. I will watch a few shows here and there, but it takes me days to finish an episode or a movie.

If I could turnback time, I wish my mom was more adamant about shutting the tv off....
11 years ago
I have been sitting on my balcony watching my three hummingbirds that eat from a feeder I have attached to the balcony rail. They seenm to enjoy eating on the second floor. Cool
11 years ago
I have been wondering what is taking the scientific community so long to come up with my clone.

I have been very busy for the past two weeks, rush rush rush rush rush.

Somebody once said, "This too shall pass."
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Dig, it's because you're one of a kind! Very Happy Who can clone that?

I wondered why we haven't heard from you lately. Is Little Dig enjoying school?

Little Dig has been in summer camp for the past two weeks, back to school this week.

Summer camp's hours ended BEFORE I got off, that was a doozey! I had to rush every day to pick him up and get back to work and get off on time. One of these days he will be old enough to stay home alone.
11 years ago
Hayven:
I agree with you. My dad's memory went bad fairly early in his life, and I blame it on television. He just would not read or stimulate his mind. I love to read, play board games, and move around. I can't sit still, and I hate tv. I will watch a few shows here and there, but it takes me days to finish an episode or a movie.

If I could turnback time, I wish my mom was more adamant about shutting the tv off....

I'm not a tv fan, either. I get aggravated when I go to someone's home for a visit and the tv is on the whole time. Unless you invite people over specifically to watch something together, turn that thing off. #pet peeve.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I'm not a tv fan, either. I get aggravated when I go to someone's home for a visit and the tv is on the whole time. Unless you invite people over specifically to watch something together, turn that thing off. #pet peeve.

pet peeve x 10

And the ubiquitous tv's in many bars and restaurants these days. In a sports bar it makes sense because you're there to watch a game. But anywhere else? Why are people out to begin with? To see and talk with other people! You can stay home and watch tv for frick sake.
11 years ago
Yep! I agree too.

I don't watch TV often, just sports. Love my Reds.
11 years ago
I have been eating BBQ shrimp Nawlins stlye. Ummmmmmmmmm
Beer with this, Cool no gin and tonic.
11 years ago
Should I? I already have two. Opinions, please.

francisvalehome.org/2013/08/lilly-jack/
1526 - 1550 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to