Search Forum

I have been.......

1651 - 1675 by 2160
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have been working hard, trimming vines and bushes, cutting lawn, putting wood preservative on our small back porch/deck, repainting our patio table. I'm beginning to feel like I need a new perfume to reward myself. Any excuse is a good excuse.

I told myself no new perfumes until I get my new license and job. I made it through the license part and bought 4 perfumes. :S Help me feel less guilty and buy yourself a perfume too.
11 years ago
I don't need an excuse ...all I need is my enabler. You know who you are. Wink
11 years ago
Well, you know...once in a while can't hurt dlane. Wink

I have been mailing out swap packages. One gripe I have is that when someone asks to swap, I respond back with an offer, and they obviously read my PM but won't answer back. I won't be offended if you don't think it's a fair swap, but I would like a reply.
11 years ago
I've been wondering if I have the patience for Elimination Commumication (EC).

New or soon to be parents, here's a project for you: Wink

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=VFDeywIJ xdE
11 years ago
Dlane, I'm guessing you haven't changed many diapers? Wiping gooey poo off a baby's butt is not for the faint of heart, especially once they start on solid food and the smell is almost unbearable! Laughing

Considering that lots of parents are still struggling to potty train their 3 year olds (talk about an unbearable.diaper!), I think acclimating them from the get-go to a toilet instead of relying solely on diapers is friggin genius! Not to mention fewer diapers for the landfills ...
11 years ago
Dlane1953:

Good news: He's making dinner for me tonight

Ahhh, Facebook, providing such a handy tool for passive-aggressive communication. At least you got what you were asking for, right? Laughing
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
I have...sworn off changing diapers for the rest of my life. I have changed a few (when I was 13, my youngest brother was born). The general trend, if I can use my husband's granddaughters as examples, is to let the CHILD determine when they're ready for it. Our oldest GD was 1 month shy of being 3 yrs. old before she consistently used a toilet. WTF? As soon as they're toddling around they can be trained. But before that? Not sure it would pay off.

You might be right. Though I can't imagine parents spending the time and effort on this unless they reaped a benefit. (There are tons of similar videos on youtube.)

As far as waiting until a child is ready, children come into the world not knowing how things work, with no preconceived ideas about diapers. Why not let that work to a parent's advantage and teach "toilet is your friend" from the beginning? Rather than giving them years of dependence on diapers, then flipping the script and having a battle of wills with a toddler.
11 years ago
I have been...wondering what sherapop has been up to. Updating her reviews page it looks like!
11 years ago
I have been signing Mr. Cryptic up to volunteer at our local animal shelter this weekend. He doesn't know it yet, but he will be spending the day washing and walking dogs. This is his punishment for trying to enroll me in a PMS study without my knowledge.
11 years ago
To me - it sounds great! I think at the end of the day he will feel very satisfied.
At all - it's very inspiring! And noble. It's good.

PS. Well as about his weekend at the shelter, too LaughingRazz
11 years ago
Oh, alright. I may as well sign myself up, too. It'll probably be fun, and if I get sick of washing dogs I can always make cat toys. Idea

Additional Information:
•Volunteers can choose to volunteer for a full day or half day

•Activities include dog washing, landscaping, dog walking/playing, creating dog treats and cat toys, animal inventory and animal photography
11 years ago
Make dog biscuits Cryptic. Wink
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
PS: Did your devilish husband really sign you up for that study? Twisted Evil

I caught him before it was too late. One night he was filling out what must have been the questionnaire online and asking me all sorts of weird questions of a gynecological nature and he ended up spilling the beans. We actually have fun with this kind of thing. Laughing
11 years ago
That's a riot. Laughing
1651 - 1675 by 2160
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic I have been.......
Jump to