Search Forum

Good movies you have recently watched

126 - 131 by 131
4 months ago 1

I have watched  3 movies recently. @Lempi put me on to In The Tall Grass as I am a fan of the CUBE movies. I definitely could tell they were from the same mind. 

I also watched Queenpins which was awesome! It’s on Netflix and I recommend it for all to watch as it is a true story that makes it all the better. It has a few good stars in it such as Kirsten Bell and Vince Vaughn 

And last night I finished The Accountant with  Ben Affleck, J K Simmons and Jon Bernthal. 

4 months ago 1

Thanks @Mitchcraft for another awesome suggestion! 🙏  Watched Annihilation yesterday and it was brilliant. Loved the actors, the visuals and the structure of the storyline. It's funny how the writer of the original novel is said to hate Lovecraft but this movie version was clearly a modern adaptation of Lovecraft's Colour Out of Space.

4 months ago 1

@Lempi

I am glad you enjoyed it 😊

Last night i watched the last in a  trilogy of my favourite MCU characters from Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 And with that other than possibly Deadpool 3 i will be finished with the MCU depending on the reviews for Deadpool 3. Everything i enjoyed about those movies are now gone after Avengers: Endgame and they took their direction they are on now, and it is not for me, or much people at all by the number of viewers they are getting it seems. And i have to say i didn't feel the magic of Guardians 1 & 2 in the 3rd movie either even with James Gunn at the helm, although he probably did a better job than whoever they would have picked to replace him. I know many people didn't like Vol 2. as much but the addition of Mantis creating some of the most hilarious jokes in the whole of the MCU movies was my favourite part of that movie. The way Mantis and Drax were just perfectly played off of one another had me in stitches at times in Vol 2., but i didn't feel that as much in Vol 3. It was probably one of the better movies Disney have released in recent years, but it still was not as funny and interesting as the first 2. I did like the origin story of Rocket tough. It was in no way a bad movie, i just expected different outcomes by the end.

What was good in Vol 3. was the Audio, whoever worked on that for TVs with Dolby Atmos, really done a good job.

Let's hope Ryan Reynolds wins this argument he seems to be having with Disney, who want to use his movie as an advertisement for other stuff coming out instead of it being about Deadpool himself because the first 2 movies are gold! They were a breath of fresh air into the Superhero or in this case Anti-hero genre, and that was what made it fresh and fun.

4 months ago 1

I watched  Lucy for the first time in a while and thankfully although i know the plot for the film, it is not something i have watched so much to the point that i know the entire movie off by heart which was nice as i struggle to find many new movies that i enjoy so i end up re-watching all the good movies i have seen a million times which leads me to feeling bored because i know exactly what is going to happen and i thought that would be the case with watching Lucy again but i was wrong. So that was a nice surprise and i believe it was the first time watching it in 4K HDR which also added to the entertainment value of it. Great movie with an 8/10.

4 months ago 1

Tonight was The Others which i had not seen in roughly 20 years but thanks to @Lempi i gave it a rewatch and thoroughly enjoyed it. A great performance from all, including the child actors at the time, especially the cheeky little girl lol.

4 months ago 1

Right back to you @Mitchcraft because your most recent recommendation was also absolutely awesome, I watched The Menu this morning and it was brilliant. Something totally different, surprising and insane in a good way. With some amazing creative visuals! If anyone thinks of seeing it all already, I definitely recommend to check out The Menu for some totally unexpected brain twists.

126 - 131 by 131
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Good movies you have recently watched
Jump to