Search Forum

Quotes.....

26 - 50 by 401
11 years ago
Smell is a potent wizard that transports us across thousands of miles and all the years we have lived." Helen Keller
11 years ago
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?”

T.S. Eliot
11 years ago
There is a saying in the Cologne region "Jeder Jeck ist anders" meaning "Every fool is different"(including me).

Good to remember if somebody gets on your nerves!
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Some 19th century wag was asked his opinion of cruise vacations which were becoming very popular at the time. He described a cruise as "Imprisonment, with the possibility of drowning."

I can't help but agree!!

+1

I remember reading about that recent Carnival Cruise From Hell and thinking that I would have jumped overboard and taken my chances with the Coast Guard rather than put up with that for long.

On topic:

“The cure for boredom is curiosity.
There is no cure for curiosity.”
- Dorothy Parker
11 years ago
"All I want is the best of everything and there's very little of that left."

Cecil Beaton
11 years ago
The next time you think you're perfect, try walking on water.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
"Life is short: Buy the shoes!"

---Unknown bumper-sticker writer

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
11 years ago
Cincy:
Dlane1953:
"Life is short: Buy the shoes!"

---Unknown bumper-sticker writer

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

And of course the perfume!!!!!

Laughing
11 years ago
Buddhist Proverb - "When the student is ready, the master appears."

I just love this quote. Although I dish out plenty of advice, sometimes unsolicited, there have been occasions when somebody was kind enough to mentor me, to take me under her wing. I love to be mentored, so that I can learn something.
11 years ago
He that lets the small things bind him leaves the great undone behind him.

Piet Hein
11 years ago
Cincy:
He that lets the small things bind him leaves the great undone behind him.

Piet Hein

Love it. I couldn't be detail-oriented unless I had a lobotomy.
11 years ago
"Just do it."

--Nike Marketing

"Because you're worth it."

--L'oréal Marketing
11 years ago
I love the quote "Just do it" from the Nike ad, like Sherapop says, and have often used it when faced with a boring chore, like laundry ... okay "just do it" throw the clothes in the washer and let the machine take over.

Then I sometimes wondered how would it sound in another language, such as in French? I found "t'occupe" by watching French DVDs with English subtitles.

And in German? "Nun mach das doch schon!" oder "Einfach tun." oder "Tu das jetzt." oder "Nun mal 'ran." ?

German landsmen/women - what is your translation ?

JUST DO IT = ???????
11 years ago
"Life's about not what happens to you, it's about what you do with what happens to you."
11 years ago
The old saying, "A son is a son till he takes a wife, a daughter's a daughter the rest of her life:fb58b7af01] not only is it an Old saying....but completely True Wink
11 years ago
Cincy:
The old saying, "A son is a son till he takes a wife, a daughter's a daughter the rest of her life:63bb4745a5] not only is it an Old saying....but completely True Wink

Laughing Yes, more then often it is true. My MIL says it isn't true in my case. She is a sweetie and I love her too.
11 years ago
The old saying, "A son is a son till he takes a wife, a daughter's a daughter the rest of her life:55dc60056d]

Oh, how depressing this is...but it´s true nonetheless.
26 - 50 by 401
Notify about new comments
Jump to