Search Forum

Maison Alhambra perfume brand owned by Lattafa

Maison Alhambra perfume brand owned by Lattafa 1 year ago 1

Hello, I cannot find listings for Maison Alhambra, a dupe perfume brand that is owned by Lattafa. I am wondering why Maison Alhambra is not listed on Parfumo- is it because it is a dupe brand?

I just wanted more information, because I have some Maison Alhambra perfumes that I love!

Thanks

1 year ago 1

Hi,

I guess if you don't find them you can propose them to the database! There are other house that do clones/dupes that are listed.

1 year ago 2

I imagine in this case yes, it's because it's a dupe brand. There are some dupe brands which are in the database, and as far as I can recall there's no clear rule against adding dupe brands in the Research guidelines. So it's bit of a grey area. There is a list of brands excluded from Parfumo's database, including Maison Alhambra, but the "why" is not listed.

Sometimes there's a post about a brand with specific reasons or context. From what I've gathered it generally boils down to Parfumo admin having to be proactively cautious regarding possible legal action.

Maison Alhambra table 1 year ago 1

Look at my new blog page published today. It lists almost all Alhambra within the Lattafa large family.

1 year ago
MRoth

I imagine in this case yes, it's because it's a dupe brand. There are some dupe brands which are in the database, and as far as I can recall there's no clear rule against adding dupe brands in the Research guidelines. So it's bit of a grey area. There is a list of brands excluded from Parfumo's database, including Maison Alhambra, but the "why" is not listed.

Sometimes there's a post about a brand with specific reasons or context. From what I've gathered it generally boils down to Parfumo admin having to be proactively cautious regarding possible legal action.

Thanks I see the exclusion list now! I'm sad Maison Alhambra isn't accepted... oh well! I can still talk about them in the forum I guess

1 year ago

Thanks for the link over the excluded brands, and thanks Carlito for your always interesting blog!

@AmeliaAroma : plenty of perfumes to discuss here and there! 

1 year ago 1

I wish it was added to the database.
I use this app to track my perfume collection and I can't have the Maison Alhambra added.

10 months ago 2

Well... this answers the main part of my question. Doesn't make sense that some dup brands are allowed but others aren't. I'll be heading back to Fragrantica. 

10 months ago 1

Seems like a weird decision if this site is meant for fragrance lovers. Like, why is La Rive included, but Maison Alhambra excluded? Is it some kind of shady political thing?

7 months ago

It's illogical to deliberately exclude lesser-known or non-mainstream brands from consideration, especially when many mainstream brands often replicate or borrow elements from other bigger or smaller brands. Could anyone provide a thorough explanation for this selective approach?

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Maison Alhambra perfume brand owned by Lattafa
Jump to