Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

1176 - 1200 by 4531
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Okay, here's a hint: without the sea, the product named in the name of the perfume would not exist...

Smile

Not sure I'm on the right track since this is a natural product and not "made" by the company...

Pearl
by Sage Machado

Gong me... Somebody else feel free to jump in! Confused
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Sherapop:
Okay, here's a hint: without the sea, the product named in the name of the perfume would not exist...

Smile

Not sure I'm on the right track since this is a natural product and not "made" by the company...

Pearl
by Sage Machado

So close, so close. Why is this NOT the answer? Because Sage makes Jewelry!
Razz
11 years ago
So I guess Black Pearls is out?
11 years ago
Avon has Rare Pearls, I think and Carol's Daughter has Pearls.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Pearl
by Sage Machado

So close, so close. Why is this NOT the answer? Because Sage makes Jewelry!
Razz
Wait, am I misunderstanding the question? Sage primarily makes... oh, yeah, I am misunderstanding the question! EmbarassedLaughing
11 years ago
Can't help Grey, I'm confused as always.
11 years ago
Not Avon, because they are just as much a perfume company, as they are a make-up company!

Forge on, Comrades: you are so close!

Razz
11 years ago
I see that I may have misled by saying that the product is not produced by the company. True: but a string of them (as in PLURAL) would be something made, no?

Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Shera says Arrow but a string of them (as in PLURAL) would be something made, no?

Grey she is stringing us along, don't you think?
11 years ago
Sherapop:
I see that I may have misled by saying that the product is not produced by the company. True: but a string of them (as in PLURAL) would be something made, no?

Rolling Eyes

Perles de Lalique
by Lalique

Every time I think about the question my brain feels like it's been twisted into a moebius strip! Shocked
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Perles de Lalique
by Lalique

Yes, Lalique is known for making crystal, not jewelry, so:

Good work, Greysolon! You're up!

Very Happy
11 years ago
Glad I missed that one.
11 years ago
Here are anagrams for 6 fragrance houses which seem particularly on point literally or satirically.
The number at the end of the anagram indicates the number of names in the house. The house names for #3 and #6 each contain an apostrophe and the "&" in #2 also appears in the title of the house:

1) gentler uses (2)
2) safe & clever plan (3)
3) oil accent (1')
4) cruellest, concise me (2)
5) ink coagulant (2)
6) rattlebrained ego (3')
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Here are anagrams for 6 fragrance houses which seem particularly on point literally or satirically.
The number at the end of the anagram indicates the number of names in the house. The house names for #3 and #6 each contain an apostrophe and the "&" in #2 also appears in the title of the house:

1) gentler uses (2)
2) safe & clever plan (3)
3) oil accent (1')
4) cruellest, concise me (2)
5) ink coagulant (2)
6) rattlebrained ego (3')

one acronym: OMG

Confused
11 years ago
Serge Lutens

Van Cleef & Arpels

L'Occitane

Escentric Molecules

Annick Goutal

Etat Libre D'Orange.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Serge Lutens

Van Cleef & Arpels

L'Occitane

Escentric Molecules

Annick Goutal

Etat Libre D'Orange.

Cryptic is uncryptifyiable! Awesome! Very Happy
I especially liked how Serge Lutens = "gentler uses" and Etat Libre D'Orange = "rattlebrained ego". Escentric Molecules almost references Molecule 01 with "concise me"...
11 years ago
Brava, Cryptic! I am soooooooo impressed!

Very Happy
11 years ago
Well done Cryptic and Grey, clap clap clap, I am slowly coming out of shock. To the question and the answer. I thought I was learning things in this game, I now realize I am learning how dumb I am. Rolling Eyes
Last edited by Cincy on 06.04.2013, 23:25; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Don't be, Sherapop. It's one of my dorky hobbies. Embarassed

Next question:

Name the house of horses.

Because it is an obscure niche house, you get a big hint:

11 years ago
Cincy:
Well done Cryptic and Grey, clap clap clap, I am slowly coming out of shock. To the question and the answer. I thought I was learing things in this game, I now realize I am learning how dumb I am. Rolling Eyes

Scratch the "D" word Cincy 'cause it's time for full disclosure: I used an online anagram generator! No way I could have come up with those on my own! Cryptic has "Hero Mania" (Hanae Mori) Laughing
Last edited by Greysolon on 06.04.2013, 23:01; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Cincy you are far from dumb, you silly. You just don't happen to be a puzzle freak.
11 years ago
Greysolon:

Scratch the "D" word Cincy 'cause it's time for full disclosure: I used an online anagram generator! No way I could have come up with those on my own! Cryptic has "Hero Mania" (Hanae Mori) Laughing

Phew--what a relief! I was wondering how you concocted such an amazing question in a matter of mere minutes!
Why you could work for DARPA (Prada)!!!!

Laughing
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Phew--what a relief! I was wondering how you concocted such an amazing question in a matter of mere minutes!

Why you could work for DARPA (Prada)!!!! Laughing

Says the woman who peppers her questions with references to "aspirated consonants"! Wink
11 years ago
Anagrams may be the future of my game here... lol

what a great idea, Greysolon!!!!!

Very Happy
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Anagrams may be the future of my game here... lol Very Happy

Here's the link to the site I used: http://www.anagramgenius.com/server.html

Still like "rattlebrained ego" for Etat Libre D'Orange.
1176 - 1200 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to