Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

1226 - 1250 by 4531
11 years ago
Greysolon:
One could say this house suffers from alopecia. Furthermore, its line consists of just 4 fragrances that have one thing in common.

Name the house and the common theme of the fragrances.

The name of the house is actually an Italian surname but when you pronounce it in English it sounds like the nickname you would give to someone with alopecia...
11 years ago
Baldi!

The names of the perfumes are stones:

"Ametista"

"Lapislazzuli"

"Malachite"

"Occhio di tigre"

Laughing
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Baldi!

The names of the perfumes are stones:

"Ametista"

"Lapislazzuli"

"Malachite"

"Occhio di tigre"

Laughing

Spot on Sherapop! A non-hirsute perfume house... Very Happy
11 years ago
I had never even heard of Baldi, Greysolon. Thanks for introducing us!

Smile

My question:
The founder of this house first called it the name of what is now another house, which is one of the most successful companies in this area ever.

Name the two houses, the person who first came up with the name of them both and a perfume from each of the two houses with at least three shared notes!
Cool
11 years ago
Sherapop:
My question:
The founder of this house first called it the name of what is now another house, which is one of the most successful companies in this area ever.

Name the two houses, the person who first came up with the name of them both and a perfume from each of the two houses with at least three shared notes!
Cool

This sounds like a homework assignment! Laughing
11 years ago
Dulcemio:

This sounds like a homework assignment! Laughing

Ms. Sherapop is really tough! She counts off for uneven margins and poor penmanship! ShockedWink
11 years ago
Get to work, Perfume Pupils! (no worries, I don't believe in corporal punishment)

Razz
11 years ago
or capital punishment...

Cool
11 years ago
Hmm... TerraNova used to be called The Body Shop. Terra Nova was founded by Jane Saunders and The Body Shop (UK) was founded by Anita Roddick, but I think I'll wait to see if I'm on the right track before finding two frags with three common notes, lol.
11 years ago
We are on page 50! Where are the balloons and Martinis? I thought we were going to have a party. Sad

Ok back to the Shera question. Arrow

11 years ago
Cryptic:
Hmm... TerraNova used to be called The Body Shop. Terra Nova was founded by Jane Saunders and The Body Shop (UK) was founded by Anita Roddick, but I think I'll wait to see if I'm on the right track before finding two frags with three common notes, lol.

You got it! You're a star, Cryptic. Now for extra credit, you can submit the rest of the assignment.

Laughing
11 years ago
11 years ago
"China Rain" by TerraNova and "White Musk" by The Body Shop both share lily, rose and musk as notes.

"China Musk" by TerraNova and "Vanilla/Vanille" by The Body Shop have amber, vanilla and rose in common.
11 years ago
I knew I could count on Cryptic. Wink

THANK YOU!
11 years ago
I don't recognize that bottle, so I hope I'm not serving you swill. Confused

11 years ago
Wooooo, I'm so glad I missed that one, I'm just in time for the party!
11 years ago
Yes you are Dig, Cryptic just rolled in Tanqueray Gin.

Whoohoooo
Grey will have to bring in his Vodka.
11 years ago
Have a petit four.

11 years ago
I didn't know what to do for music so I hired a bagpiper. Who can resist a kilt, right? Laughing

11 years ago
Cryptic:
I don't recognize that bottle, so I hope I'm not serving you swill. Confused

Now that is a proper slice of lemon zest in that glass!

As well as a Page 50 celebration it's also the first day of spring warm enough to have our favorite Vodka XYZ. Just have to wait for LadyG to get home from work...

1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1 oz. Vodka
Shake, serve in a cocktail glass with a slice of lemon zest.
Yeah, the proportions are to small; we always double it. A few times.
11 years ago
Seriously, playing the game has been a blast and, as I've said before, I've learned so much from all of you about fragrance. I couldn't ask for nicer people to hang out with! Thanks! Very Happy
Cryptic, it was bad enough when you dressed me in lederhosen and had me playing the alphorn. Now a kilt and bagpipes?! Shocked
Last edited by Greysolon on 08.04.2013, 01:27; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
XYZ? I tried to find a pic of it and could not. How odd. Must be extremely esoteric or else you made it up, hee!

Le duh! It's a cocktail, not a brand.

Edited, because Grey's picture is better and is not the size of Texas.
Last edited by Cryptic on 08.04.2013, 01:34; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
Cryptic:
XYZ? I tried to find a pic of it and could not. How odd. Must be extremely esoteric or else you made it up, hee!

It's a Mr. Boston recipe, the Hoyle's Rules of bar-tending. Usually made with rum instead of vodka. Way too easy to drink. Rolling Eyes

Ah, nice and tart!
Last edited by Greysolon on 08.04.2013, 01:49; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
That's not supposed to be you, it's supposed to be the entertainment. Exclamation
11 years ago
Party on! I need to come up with a new question in case my answer was correct.
Last edited by Cryptic on 08.04.2013, 02:13; edited 1 time in total
1226 - 1250 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to