Search Forum

Guess that scent. A game:

1251 - 1275 by 4531
11 years ago
Greysolon:

Cryptic, it was bad enough when you dressed me in lederhosen and had me playing the alphorn. Now a kilt and bagpipes?! Shocked

Nice legs!
11 years ago
I see that I will never live down the prancing alphornist. Embarassed

I'm all set with a question.
11 years ago
Cryptic, you're on: Congratulations!!!!!

And thank you all for this beautiful thread! I raise my cup of tea to thee: Here's to fifty thousand more pages!!!!
Razz
11 years ago
Yes, thank you to all the great people who make this thread such a blast.

A quick and (hopefully) easy one:

11 years ago
Vanilla Fields
11 years ago
No White Diamonds
11 years ago
Is "Pink Diamond" a perfume?????

Confused
11 years ago
All great guesses, but "Pink Diamond" was the fragrance I had in mind. Congrats, Shera. Very Happy
11 years ago
You got it Sherapop, ahhh that was fun.
11 years ago
Shocked

Uh-oh. Give me a couple of minutes. Perhaps an anagram is in order, now that Greysolon has supplied a link...

Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Who can resist a kilt, right? Laughing

COL (cackle out loud)

Laughing
11 years ago
Anagram madness it is:

Annually. Shirk hinderer.

Prideful, bossier superior.

One of the above anagrams is of the names of two female perfumers who are also creative directors of their own house.

The other anagram is of the names of two of their perfumes both of which contain iris.

Have fun!!!!
Razz
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Anagram madness it is:

One of the above anagrams is of the names of two female perfumers who are also creative directors of their own house.

The other anagram is of the names of two of their perfumes both of which contain iris.

Have fun!!!!
Razz

DEEVEEUS! Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Sherapop:
Anagram madness it is:

Have fun!!!!
Razz

DEEVEEUS! Twisted Evil

This is the wordplay version of Where's Waldo
11 years ago
I sense that a hint is desired. Here you go:

The name of the house, in each of the two cases, contains only one, not both of the two names (first and last) of the person who is the creative director and perfumer of the house.

This should help enormously!

Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad

I was fooling with it at the crack of dawn this morning and I pulled the first and last names of 2 perfumers out of the first anagram. Obviously, they were incorrect.

I think I'll leave it to Lord and Lady Grey.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sad

I was fooling with it at the crack of dawn this morning and I pulled the first and last names of 2 perfumers out of the first anagram. Obviously, they were incorrect.

I think I'll leave it to Lord and Lady Grey.

Pray tell: what did you find, Cryptic??

Confused:
11 years ago
Remember: the anagram contains the full names of the perfumers, not the house!!! You may have it, Cryptic!!!

Shocked
11 years ago
Oh, hell. That's what happens when you have the attention span of a gnat. The noses are Lyn Harris and Ineke Ruhland. I'll try for the perfumes tonight, if someone else doesn't get them first. Cool puzzle, Sherapop. Very Happy
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Oh, hell. That's what happens when you have the attention span of a gnat. The noses are Lyn Harris and Ineke Ruhland. I'll try for the perfumes tonight, if someone else doesn't get them first. Cool puzzle, Sherapop. Very Happy

YES!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

WOW!!!!!
Shocked

Very Happy
11 years ago
The thump you heard was me fainting to the floor. ShockedShockedShocked
Last edited by Cincy on 08.04.2013, 19:04; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Embarassed Wait a second! If you look at the letters in the puzzle, you'll see there is not a single letter m. That immediately ruled out a whole slew of noses such as Mona di Orio, Margot Elena, Amanda Feeley, Mandy Aftel, Camille Goutal, etc., etc. Now you know one of the tricks to solving these things.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Embarassed Wait a second! If you look at the letters in the puzzle, you'll see there is not a single letter m. That immediately ruled out a whole slew of noses such as Mona di Orio, Margot Elena, Amanda Feeley, Mandy Aftel, Camille Goutal, etc., etc. Now you know one of the tricks to solving these things.

That's exactly how I started working at it! I eliminated all the unused letters and started going through iris noted perfumes and got Lyn Harris but then we had rehearsal this morning! Dang!
11 years ago
See? That's exactly how it's done. Smile
11 years ago
Cryptic:
See? That's exactly how it's done. Smile

Come clean: do you participate in professional anagram competitions????

Surprised
1251 - 1275 by 4531
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Guess that scent. A game:
Jump to