Search Forum

Tom Ford Plum Japonais HELP

Tom Ford Plum Japonais HELP 9 months ago
Hey im looking to buy this plum japonais off ebay can u guys help me determine if its real or fake please ?
9 months ago 1

The major problem with eBay is that they can take pictures sourced from other people who upload pictures of real products. 

I would ask them if they can send you photos of the bottle with a piece of paper with something written on it with different angles so that way you see the product and the paper with words of your choice, like your username to prove the photos are of the actual thing they are selling instead of stock photos.

Even then they could use a real bottle for those photos and send you their fake bottle instead. I just don’t touch eBay at all. Better looking at trusted discounters. 

9 months ago
Mitchcraft

The major problem with eBay is that they can take pictures sourced from other people who upload pictures of real products. 

I would ask them if they can send you photos of the bottle with a piece of paper with something written on it with different angles so that way you see the product and the paper with words of your choice, like your username to prove the photos are of the actual thing they are selling instead of stock photos.

Even then they could use a real bottle for those photos and send you their fake bottle instead. I just don’t touch eBay at all. Better looking at trusted discounters. 

1. I asked them now to send the pictures with the paper
2. there isn't any bottles left anywhere it has been discontinued for 3-4 years now cant find it anywhere, if u can find me one I will even pay you for finding one

9 months ago
VegaZ

1. I asked them now to send the pictures with the paper
2. there isn't any bottles left anywhere it has been discontinued for 3-4 years now cant find it anywhere, if u can find me one I will even pay you for finding one

Hi @VegaZ and welcome to Parfumo!

I have no experience with authenticity features of Tom Ford bottles specifically, but I would like to suggest studying some Fake vs Real videos on Youtube. They should be helpful to some extent. Of course like @Mitchcraft said, eBay purchases are always a gamble. 

Finally, a friendly reminder with regard to the community rules. Let's stick to the authenticity discussion and not make the forum a marketplace Smile

Anyways, good luck with your hunt for the discontinued gem!

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Tom Ford Plum Japonais HELP
Jump to