Search Forum

What would you create?

What would you create? 11 months ago 3

If a magical fragrance fairy granted you  any 5 notes to make a fragrance for yourself, what would you choose to use?

Mine: 

Top: Italian Bergamot

Mid: Jasmine, Green Tea

Base: Almond, Sandalwood

11 months ago 3

Any 5 notes? I want the smell of summer rain from my childhood.

Top: petrichore, cold breeze; Heart: wet asphalt, wet linden tree leaves; Base: sunshine

11 months ago 3

I need more than 5 or i am going to probably describe many fragrances already made. So i will post one i would make with more than 5 and one trying to restrict myself to 5

Hmm with only 5 is hard but i would try this out, i am not saying it would work for sure but i would at least try it

I would call it Le Baiser Du Ceil/ Heaven's Kiss ( The ultimate date night fragrance, French kiss in a bottle)

Plum, Dates, Candy  Apple

MID

French Lavender

Base

Bourbon Vanilla

Now if i had the opportunity to test something out with no restrictions

Cardamom (The sweet kind, not the spicy kind that leaves a spicy taste in my mouth), Bergamot, Ginger, Plum, Lavender ,Pink pepper, Aldehydes, Apple

MID

French lavender, Black plum ,Egyptian geranium, Iso E Super , Plum, dates, Pink Pepper (Pink pepper doesn't have the effect as black pepper it actually makes things crisp and clean feeling unlike black pepper)

BASE

Cedarwood ,Vetiver, Oak, Truffle, leather, Ambergris

I would call this fragrance  Vacation - Bleu Electrique Intense (The fragrance for an electrifying summer vacation, only for the person who knows how to truly intensify their vacation )

Yup, i think that would be it Smile

EDITS: Adding names, context etc and another edit to explain edits šŸ˜‚

11 months ago 3

Ooh, Iā€™d love the scent of my childhood summers at my great grandparents cottage. The rugged coast of weatern Jutland in Denmark. Reduced to 5 notes:

Fir

Heather

Thyme

Sea salt

Sand

11 months ago 1
Bellondee

Ooh, Iā€™d love the scent of my childhood summers at my great grandparents cottage. The rugged coast of weatern Jutland in Denmark. Reduced to 5 notes:

Fir

Heather

Thyme

Sea salt

Sand

I would buy that!!

11 months ago 3

Ok here is another I would try

Banana, Mango

MID

Maple Syrup 

BASE

White Musk, Sandalwood 

11 months ago 2

Bergamot

Cocoa, Popcorn

Tobacco, Rum

Bit of a gourmond lover...

11 months ago 2
Mitchcraft

Banana, Mango

MID

Maple Syrup 

BASE

White Musk, Sandalwood 

This sounds interesting.  Maple with tropical fruit and sandalwood could be a really good combo, with a powdery musk to tone it down.

11 months ago 1
EmberRose

Bergamot

Cocoa, Popcorn

Tobacco, Rum

Bit of a gourmond lover...

Yummy!  I love tobacco and rum together.

11 months ago 2
KathrynA66
Mitchcraft

Banana, Mango

MID

Maple Syrup

BASE

White Musk, Sandalwood

This sounds interesting. Maple with tropical fruit and sandalwood could be a really good combo, with a powdery musk to tone it down.

Thanks. I am considering getting myself some sort of starter pack to try some combinations out.

My niece got a kids version for Christmas one year and i have been dying to try that out even if i know the oils are going to be cheap, it would be a good way of learning notes and experimenting without spending a fortune on expensive oils. I have been tletting her smell some of mine as she turns 13 (OMG i am feeling old) this year so hopefully i can get her opinions more this year when she goes to what we call "The big school" lol.

She likes Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette)Joop! Homme Eau de Toilette a lot when i let her smell it. She will show interest when she is ready of course and i look forward to seeing what she picks out if she does indeed start to buy her own one day.

11 months ago
Mitchcraft
KathrynA66
Mitchcraft

Banana, Mango

MID

Maple Syrup

BASE

White Musk, Sandalwood

This sounds interesting. Maple with tropical fruit and sandalwood could be a really good combo, with a powdery musk to tone it down.

Thanks. I am considering getting myself some sort of starter pack to try some combinations out.

My niece got a kids version for Christmas one year and i have been dying to try that out even if i know the oils are going to be cheap, it would be a good way of learning notes and experimenting without spending a fortune on expensive oils. I have been tletting her smell some of mine as she turns 13 (OMG i am feeling old) this year so hopefully i can get her opinions more this year when she goes to what we call "The big school" lol.

She likes Joop! Homme (Eau de Toilette)Joop! Homme Eau de Toilette a lot when i let her smell it. She will show interest when she is ready of course and i look forward to seeing what she picks out if she does indeed start to buy her own one day.

There are some very reasonably priced kits. I bought them for some young cousins, who loved them. Please tell us about it if you do decide to create your own!

8 months ago 1

Top Notes: 

Peach, Cardamon, Vanilla, Cedar, Tuberose, blue lotus, taif rose  

Middle Notes:

Leather, Suede, Civet, Costus, Orris Butter

base notes: 
Laotian Oud, Purple Kinam Oud, Siberian Deer Musk, Tonkin Musk, Mongolian Deer Musk,  Patchouli, Palo Santo, White Sage, Hyraceum, Galbanum, Lavender, castoreum, Irish Black Ambergris, cognac, blonde pipe tobacco, mezcal, Oakmoss

8 months ago

Basically a Leather chypre with no aldehydes with a ton of inspo from Francesca Bianchiā€™s The Lover's TaleThe Lover's Tale and both high-grade oud ( known for itā€™s cola quality) and more distasteful (to some) Laotian animalic oud, there are also a ton of animalicsā€¦ going for a mix of Oud Maximus (2020)Oud Maximus (2020) base and The Lover's TaleThe Lover's Tale base. I also wanted traditional base notes like cedar and vanilla to have an ethereal, distant, top feel.

I also took elements of SalomeSalome like the hyraceum and floral combo

and also added some other diff notes I love that are untraditional to chypres: notably Patchouli among others

also replaced the typical cedar base with top note cedar and palo santo/white sage base I just think itā€™s cool.

will prob get Ensar to make this bespoke when I have a LOTT more money

8 months ago
KathrynA66
Mitchcraft
KathrynA66
Mitchcraft

Banana, Mango

MID

Maple Syrup

BASE

White Musk, Sandalwood

There are some very reasonably priced kits. I bought them for some young cousins, who loved them. Please tell us about it if you do decide to create your own!

Oh, reading through this topic i realised i meant to reply to you but must have forgot. It was to ask if you had some good suggestions as a starting point you could refer me to please.

Hope you are doing well btw šŸ¤—

8 months ago

I have so many perfume ideas!

One of them, inspired by a girls' night in, reduced to five notes:

Top: cucumber, tea

Middle: cotton

Base: popcorn, clay

And another one, titled "One Hundred Billion", inspired by billionairs with blood on their hands, reduced to five notes:

Top: champagne, soap

Middle: metal

Base: cigar, smoke

I'm having loads of fun with this, so if anyone has suggestions for concepts to base five ingredient perfumes on, just let me know!

6 months ago 1

I absolutely love this thread! I'm a little overwhelmed by the possibilities tbh. I've already thought about this a lot but don't feel like I know enough about how different notes blend yet to be able to design a perfume. Not to mention I just wouldn't be able to choose. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES. 

so I guess I'll share a combo I've actually experimented with making my own infused oils out of... 

top notes: Jasmine, black pepper

middle notes: patchouli, brown sugar, wood smoke (I use lapsang souchong for this)

base notes: vanilla

I don't have a name for it yet but it smells like a chilly autumn day with dead leaves rotting on the ground and the distant smell of smoke from chimneys, and also sort of like an instrument makers shop with all the varnish and woods. 

6 months ago 1

Who knows if they'd play well together, perhaps they'd clash, but-

Orange

Aldehydes

Osmanthus

Labdanum

Castoreum

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions What would you create?
Jump to