Search Forum

Ysatis in the current, new bottle, how does it smell?

Ysatis in the current, new bottle, how does it smell? 9 months ago

Hello everyone, 

Does anyone own or has owned Ysatis in both the skyscraper bottle as well as in the current, latest (more plain) bottle? And - in that case - could you tell me if  there is a difference in the scent between the two and, if so, in what way? I love Ysatis in the skyscraper bottle (plastic cap, 1984) but am reluctant to buy the version in the newest, plain bottle they are selling now....

Thanks in advance! 

9 months ago 1

You need to buy the one in the black carton box if you are keen on the vintage formulation.

Not the purple or white carton.

9 months ago 1

@Tzapan, thank you so much for your reply! I always had the purple boxes (similar to the black one, but purple) with the skyscraper bottle with plastic cap. And that one is fine with me (I'm sure the one you mention is even better, but I'm not so much into hunting down vintages) But I am so curious how the current one smells... Ysatis (Eau de Toilette)Ysatis Eau de Toilette

I still have some left in my skyscraper bottle, but just wanted to know if it is worth buying the current version (I don't like that new bottle by the way, but if the scent is like the one I have, I'd be fine with that.... Smile )

Thanks again!

9 months ago 1

I just read the relaunch article of six classic GIVENCHY fragrances, 4 pour femme and 2 pour homme. Ysatis is in them.They have simplified the fragrances to minimalistic perfumery. A type of "Jo Malone perfumery" if you know what I mean. I am not so keen. Your favorite Ysatis smells clean and fresh.Tangerine, white flowers and patchouli.That's it.That's all, a freshly floral cologne out of an embematic msterpiece. So sad!

9 months ago 1

Hi @Tzapan

Oh too bad....I already feared that...They no longer mention aldehydes on their website like they were mentioned in the former formulation and I've noticed that can make quite a difference as it does in Estée from Esée Lauder were aldehydes also are no longer mentioned (still a very good fragrance, in which one would suspect aldehydes,  but I miss the 'fatty' feel of the aldehydes like when they were mentioned in the former formulation, I guess it's now just the LOTV in it that still give that slight 'aldehydic, soapy impression', but it's not the same thing). 

Thank you so much for saving me from a disappontment!!

8 months ago 1
Tzapan

You need to buy the one in the black carton box if you are keen on the vintage formulation.

Not the purple or white carton.

My mom had that. Got it in the 80s. That exact version. I remember how fascinated I was with it. It was so exotic for a child. I had never smelled anything like it.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Ysatis in the current, new bottle, how does it smell?
Jump to