Search Forum

Warning about Guerlain Bee Bottles

Warning about Guerlain Bee Bottles 9 months ago 4
By accident I found out some information about the bee bottles that I am not too happy about. I have a bee bottle of Jicky, and I noticed that it seems to be going down faster than I am using it. I picked up the bottle to see what was going on and as I pulled off the cap the whole assembly of the sprayer came off. Apparently, the sprayer screws on and off as there are threads on the bottle where the sprayer screws onto it. I checked a few bee bottles of different perfumes that I got directly from Guerlain, and some had the same screw top assembly though the ones that wouldn't screw off I noticed had what looked like a very faint silicone or something like that. So, apparently, they put silicone or something like that around the threads and then the sprayer gets screwed on. I screwed it back on, but I am considering putting silicone around the base where the sprayer meets the bottle, so it doesn't happen again. The edt is my favorite version and as I only have this bottle the last thing I need is for this to evaporate away. Just putting this warning out there to make others aware that the sprayer can get loose and to check your bottles.
8 months ago 1

Just use some ptfe plumbers tape on the threads. 

8 months ago

Are those the bottles that are similar to the Aqua Allegoria bottles? I've bee having some issues with my Aqua Allegoria bottle. To be fair I've had it for two years now (I've used about a third), but the atomizer is wiggly, the gold paint from the cap is chipping off. There is also dark green fluid underneath the cap, all around the rims of the atomizer. I think it's just the chipped paint mixing with some perfume that leaked from the atomizer, it also just smells like perfume, it looks like moldy perfume. The perfume itself is still fine though, it's just that I have to wipe the atomizer before every use. 

8 months ago

I haven't had issues with the Aqua Allegoria bottles yet. It seems to be an issue with the bee bottles. But I guess the Aqua Allegoria bottles might be screw top too, in which case you should check. If it is wet around the sprayer where you are wiping the atomizer it could be that the perfume is evaporating. Maybe you should consider decanting it into a different atomizer bottle. I put plumbers' tape around the assembly, and I took a black marker and marked the level in the bottle to see if it goes down. If it does, then I know it is still evaporating, and I will decant it to another bottle.  

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Warning about Guerlain Bee Bottles
Jump to