Search Forum

Guilty Pleasure movies

Guilty Pleasure movies 11 months ago 1

What movies are critically panned/or praised that you secretly enjoy, no judgment here.

Some of mine:

Catwoman

House of Gucci

The NeverEnding Story II

Die Another Day

Clash of the Titans (2010 version)

11 months ago

The Marvel comics movies

The DC comics movies (and yes, it should be one or the other)

Airplane!

Blazing Saddles

Young At Heart

Three Coins in the Fountain

Peyton Place

How To Marry A Millionaire

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium

(There are more, but I've run out of time.)

11 months ago

The Lego Movie 

Inside Out ( I am so happy when my 12 year old niece picks this to watch lol)

I absolutely love Moana and this is my favourite Disney song ever 

11 months ago
Mitchcraft

The Lego Movie 

Inside Out ( I am so happy when my 12 year old niece picks this to watch lol)

I absolutely love Moana and this is my favourite Disney song ever 

I can't watch Inside Out because it makes me cry like a baby every time.

11 months ago

Princess Bride.

All the Inuyasha movies. 

Paris, Texas.

11 months ago

You say no judgement, but I've had people literally laugh in my face when I've said this before. 

FWIW I'm looking at this thread and thinking none of what you all are saying is particularly shameful or socially out of the norm.   

Anyway here goes: I love Pauly Shore movies.  Yes, all of them.  I know they are the movie equivalent of a gas station beef stick or a pickled egg from a half empty jar on the high up forgotten shelf at a sketchy tavern, but I don't care.  

11 months ago

I don't usually shame myself for the movies I watch no matter how "cringe" they might seem to those I'm talking to, but.. The Twilight series. No other series has earned me genuine shaming from my friends than that series. And here's the thing: I admit they're bad movies, the story is god-awful and so problematic in different ways. But god is it ICONIC in how bad it is. Giving us lines like "Bella! Where the hell you been, loca?" and "You nicknamed my daughter after the loch-ness monster?!" it's just such an entertaining series if you like to roast movies as you watch them.

9 months ago

I watched all seasons of ER (old hospital series) in only a few months 🙃🤫!

9 months ago

80s Sword and Sorcery movies. Krull, Excalibur, Conan, Legend, Ladyhawke, Dragonslayer etc. 

8 months ago

I would go for ER series and grey's anatomy as well. 

7 months ago

Gossip Girls, Gilmore Girls. Gilmore Girls isn't too guilty but Gossip Girl, definitely, as I'm not a gossip myself at all and I hate dramatic turns of events and complicated people. But in shows?? I LOVE it, give me drama, annoying bullies, cheating lovers, everything.

7 months ago

I love children's animation films and some people judge me because I'm 36 years old, I even cry like a baby if the ending is touching etc. 🙈 

Also, I'm a huge Star Wars fan but some other fans think that I'm crazy when I say that Rogue One is my favourite movie of the whole franchise.

7 months ago

I watch Korean dramas a lot. They are becoming more mainstream than a few years ago, but I still feel that I can’t relate to anyone around.

K-dramas typically have very high quality writing, acting and cinematography, and fashion, too!

5 months ago

Any Harry Potter for when I am feeling down. It never fails.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Guilty Pleasure movies
Jump to