376 - 400 by 1338
11 years ago
Hayven:
Dolby, can you make us all some? And by some I mean some 3000 or so? Smile

Shocked lol!!
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Sprüngli is to die for Exclamation

Yes! Lindt is actually a US subsidiary of Sprüngli, and their chocolate is really good even though it's mass produced.

I have to check out See's. Around here, the big thing is Godiva, which is produced by the same people who make Campbell's soup.
11 years ago
I do love me some Godiva I do I do I do. It takes a long time to finish the box though, they are wrapped so beautifully. I don't like to mess up the wrapping. Every time I eat a piece, I try to rewrap it back to the original condition -- waste of time.
11 years ago
I will keep that in mind. Wink
11 years ago
What are those famous Chocolates from San Francisco? Giraladi...or Giradaldi...something like that! I remember they were rather dreamy as well!! Oh yes....here it is! Lovely!!

www.amazon.com/Grand-Ghirardelli-Chocolate-Gif t-Basket/dp/B000BLNU6E/ref=sr_1_9?s=grocery&ie =UTF8&qid=1364556302&sr=1-9&keywords=giradeli+ chocolate
11 years ago
Dolby:
Hayven:
Dolby, can you make us all some? And by some I mean some 3000 or so? Smile

Shocked lol!!

Well I can't just eat 30-40 only. hehe.

But if I eat that many....one moment on the lips, a millennium on the hips.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I do love me some Godiva I do I do I do. It takes a long time to finish the box though, they are wrapped so beautifully. I don't like to mess up the wrapping. Every time I eat a piece, I try to rewrap it back to the original condition -- waste of time.

DD, have you been to a Godiva shop? There is one in the mall by me and the chocolate-dipped strawberries are crazy amazing.
11 years ago
Another Dolbyworld staple recovered!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1uDnIPTvo
11 years ago
Cryptic:
MiaVonTrost:

Yes! Lindt is actually a US subsidiary of Sprüngli, and their chocolate is really good even though it's mass produced.

I have to check out See's. Around here, the big thing is Godiva, which is produced by the same people who make Campbell's soup.

Apparently See's is retailed only in the West, and mostly in their own stores, but it looks like you can order online.

www.sees.com/Cat.cfm/Dark_Chocolates

Around the holidays they always have lines out the door. It's good stuff, and I like it better than Godiva actually, which is often a little too rich. Plus See's is MUCH more affordable than Godiva.
P.S.: I highly recommend the dark chocolate Bordeaux. And any of the truffles are TDF.
11 years ago
See's has a small store in the mall on holidays in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I have ordered from them many times on the West Coast. My favorite hands down.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
MiaVonTrost:

In Germany it's Lindt as well. Luckily I am frequently in Zurich. SmileTruffes Cru Sauvage is my favourite; superb delight!
Last edited by MiaTrost on 11.04.2013, 18:06; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
The baby milk formula in China had poison in it....and just yesterday, there was a bit on the BBC news, that they are rationing milk formula in the U.K., as they are sending tons of it to China! I never buy anything for the grandkids made in China! Very difficult, I know...as almost everything in the whole damn world is made in bloody China). Rolling Eyes They are renowned for shoddy practices in toys, sweets, etc.
11 years ago
The clincher for me was cat food with melamine in it! Even the toxic toothpaste paled next to that wickedness...

At this point, I stay away from anything containing "artificial flavoring", since that mystery ingredient itself may very well have come from China and may very well be poisonous!

Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
Shocked It's a toss up which is worse: The Dollar Store or WalMart.
11 years ago
WalMart hands down.
11 years ago
I know they treat their employees like garbage, Cincy. Evil or Very Mad
11 years ago
Cryptic:
I know they treat their employees like garbage, Cincy. Evil or Very Mad

For some reason I avoid Walmart. I will go miles out of my way to find a Target rather than go into a Walmart.
11 years ago
And I don't want to depress anyone with details, but NEVER, EVER BUY FAUX FUR from China (no one would buy any real fur from anywhere either, if it were up to me).

You can google and find out why. ASPCA, PETA and other animal welfare sites can provide full details. It's one of the most horrible things you'll ever learn, so if you're prone to internalizing these types of things and letting them cast a shadow over you, don't look into it. Let's just say that much of it isn't actually "faux."

I don't think it's generalizing to say that the Chinese cannot be trusted with exported goods. They seem not to care about anyone's safety. I avoid Chinese-made goods at all cost.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
I don't think it's generalizing to say that the Chinese cannot be trusted with exported goods. They seem not to care about anyone's safety. I avoid Chinese-made goods at all cost.

I can see your point and tend to agree. Yet, if I were to check the tag of some of my garments ..
Anyway, I believe the poor quality of Chinese consumer goods is going to change in the long run, along with their growing middle class and rising wages. Some Chinese firms already outsourced their production to Cambodia and Vietnam, seeking cheaper labour. Shocked

PS. PETA, though right in many respects concerning what qualifies as cruelty to animals, is the most irritating animal rights group I've ever encountered. Frankly, I think they are a bunch of ill-informed fanatics, not comprehending much about species-appropriate husbandry and the like.
11 years ago
Well I have just got back from a three day trip to Paris, plenty of rain, but still had a wonderful time. We took one of our oldest employees (70) for her birthday and walked her legs off! She hadn't even been on a train for nearly 20 years so the Metro was a bit of an experience too. Great fun!
11 years ago
Smellsogood:
Well I have just got back from a three day trip to Paris, plenty of rain, but still had a wonderful time. We took one of our oldest employees (70) for her birthday and walked her legs off! She hadn't even been on a train for nearly 20 years so the Metro was a bit of an experience too. Great fun!
Sounds great! But you forgot to fill us in on the most important detail!!! Which fragrances did you purchase..or sniff?? Come on now, don't be shy...We are waiting Laughing
376 - 400 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to