Search Forum

DOLBYWORLD

401 - 425 by 1338
11 years ago
Hubby wanted something just right, but couldn't settle on anything he really liked for me. We stumbled on a perfumery in La Place Des Vosges, Creation Parfums et Senteurs Du Pays Basques. The service was wonderful and my husband chose Un Jour a Biarritz for me and Grenouille for himself. I am now wafting around smelling of my time in Paris, lovely!

11 years ago
@smellsogood. AH HA!!!! I knew it! Wink How could one visit Paris, and not indulge!!!
11 years ago
MiaVonTrost:
Dulcemio:
I don't think it's generalizing to say that the Chinese cannot be trusted with exported goods. They seem not to care about anyone's safety. I avoid Chinese-made goods at all cost.

I can see your point and tend to agree. Yet, if I were to check the tag of some of my garments ..
Anyway, I believe the poor quality of Chinese consumer goods is going to change in the long run, along with their growing middle class and rising wages. Some Chinese firms already outsourced their production to Cambodia and Vietnam, seeking cheaper labour. Shocked

PS. PETA, though right in many respects concerning what qualifies as cruelty to animals, is the most irritating animal rights group I've ever encountered. Frankly, I think they are a bunch of ill-informed fanatics, not comprehending much about species-appropriate husbandry and the like.

Mia,
I must agree with you here. They've done A LOT of good for animals, and I believe their hearts are in the right place, but after a 20-minute phone conversation with someone at their HQ trying to convince me that cats can eat vegan and be healthy, I became disullusioned. The planet is full of carnivorous animals (humans may or may not be one of them, I'm not sure) and some animals (including cats) absolutely need to consume other animals, that's how nature designed them.
11 years ago
Right! Very Happy

And now, non sequitur (changing subject):

I just ordered a $400 piece of furniture online that I've only seen photos of. Wish me luck!

And it has to be assembled . . . Crying or Very sad
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
after a 20-minute phone conversation with someone at their HQ trying to convince me that cats can eat vegan and be healthy, I became disullusioned. The planet is full of carnivorous animals (humans may or may not be one of them, I'm not sure) and some animals (including cats) absolutely need to consume other animals, that's how nature designed them.

I don't eat mammals, but there is no way that I would withhold them from The Emperor! I cannot imagine him subsisting on tofu!

Rolling Eyes

I probably could survive without poultry and fish, too, but I continue to eat them. I must say that the $1.99/lb chicken breast can only mean that they are being horribly and inhumanely farmed--and that makes me have second thoughts every time I eat chicken. How can chicken cost less than grain?????? I do buy only free-range eggs at this point.
Confused
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Right! Very Happy

I just ordered a $400 piece of furniture online that I've only seen photos of. Wish me luck!

WHAT!! don't tell me that that bloody IKEA has branched out..to expensive furniture!! Hasn't he got enough money already?? Shocked
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
Right! Very Happy

Luck! Let us know how you made out.
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
Dulcemio:
Right! Very Happy

WHAT!! don't tell me that that bloody IKEA has branched out..to expensive furniture!! Hasn't he got enough money already?? Shocked

LOL! Well it's not Ikea, but I think other companies got the idea from Ikea to sell stuff cheap and let the buyer put the screws in. For a solid wood piece like this that would sell for much, much more in a furniture store (assuming I could even find what I wanted there, which I couldn't this time) plus delivery fee, they made it almost impossible for me to NOT order online. It also helped that it had tons of great reviews.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:

LOL! Well it's not Ikea, but I think other companies got the idea from Ikea to sell stuff cheap and let the buyer put the screws in. For a solid wood piece like this that would sell for much, much more in a furniture store (assuming I could even find what I wanted there, which I couldn't this time) plus delivery fee, they made it almost impossible for me to NOT order online. It also helped that it had tons of great reviews.

I bought a dining table on discount from Value City furniture a few years ago. It was so heavy; then I found out I had to put the legs on. Well there were no holes to put the screws in. It would have taken an additional week to get a replacement, so I just used a drill and put in the holes myself. I was mad, but it took less time than assembling my desk from IKEA--that one took a good 6 hours. I'm guessing the piece you bought needs to be assembled to make it easier to ship from wherever it's coming from. But still!
11 years ago
Sherapop,

Me too, no mammals, for most of my adult life.

Side note: red meat and dairy products do a number on the joints. Has to do with the intestinal barrier, antigens and autoimmune response.

In my family for two generations I'm the only one who gave up these foods early in life and the only one not at least slightly arthritic by the age I'm at.
11 years ago
Between the comb-over and the Oompa Loompa tan I often wonder if he owns a mirror.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Between the comb-over and the Oompa Loompa tan I often wonder if he owns a mirror.

When you be da man, you don't need mirrors. You KNOW your're lookin' good, 24/7.

"The Emperor has no clothes:aa4c1c1417]

What in heaven's name did I miss? Was there a photo of a Oompah Loompa with a comb-over that got deleted?
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Dulcemio, you didn't miss much, just one of my periodic attempts at humor; I made up some fragrances and names based on The Apprentice with DT. (He has his own line of frags now.) What sounded so funny to me last night, after 2 glasses of wine, sounded sophomoric to me this afternoon! Laughing

Okay, young lady, no more drunk posting for you! Laughing
worry about yourself 11 years ago
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Dulcemio, you didn't miss much, just one of my periodic attempts at humor; I made up some fragrances and names based on The Apprentice with DT. (He has his own line of frags now.) What sounded so funny to me last night, after 2 glasses of wine, sounded sophomoric to me this afternoon! Laughing

Delete what you want, but I personally wish you wouldn't. Knowing you, it was probably hysterical and most of us missed it.

I've never seen any of Trump's perfumes. Are the bottles embarrassingly phallic?

Edited to add: They're actually somewhat restrained. Color me shocked. Shocked
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Cryptic, a few lines were funny (even to me!) the next day, but editing was needed. One of my favorite "Donald" perfumes was the one that left a man---hmmm, how shall I say this?---"emasculated" by the drydown, with a heavy accord of of beta dog urine in the closing notes.

Just as well I deleted--I think even Dolby might have blushed! Embarassed

Laughing I take it he humiliates the contestants on his show.
401 - 425 by 1338
Notify about new comments
Jump to