Search Forum

Quotes.....

76 - 100 by 401
11 years ago
“I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.”

-Sylvia Plath
11 years ago
Was that written in the Bell Jar Idea
Last edited by Cincy on 18.04.2013, 19:27; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Cincy:
Was that written in the Bell Jar Idea

I think it came out of her unpublished journals, Cincy.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
“Hold dear to your parents for it is a scary and confusing world without them.”
- Emily Dickinson

Oh, cryptic, this is my battle cry. I lost my parents early in life, and loved them both dearly and still miss them terribly. When I see friends of mine taking their parents for granted, I can't help but tell them not to. Nothing fills the void of a loving parent.
11 years ago
Both of mine died fairly young. I miss my Dad, but losing my mother was devastating. Crying or Very sad
11 years ago
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."

Mark Twain
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Both of mine died fairly young. I miss my Dad, but losing my mother was devastating. Crying or Very sad

I recall you said it was fairly recent, maybe only a few years ago? Fortunately over time our hearts and minds adjust, it's just a process that takes time. It has helped me to have someone in my life - my uncle - who misses her as much as I do. We talk about her often, and often end up in tears, but it's very cathartic and comforting for both of us. And it's amazing how many things I've learned from him about her younger years that she hadn't gotten around to sharing with me.
11 years ago
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

Mark Twain
(Have truer words ever been spoken?) I think not.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."

Mark Twain

All the more incisive after the recent gun legislation fiasco...
(NRA whores)

Mad
11 years ago
Sherapop:
Dulcemio:

Mark Twain

All the more incisive after the recent gun legislation fiasco...
(NRA whores)

Mad

yes, Shera, precisely my inspiration. The mother F'ers.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Mark Twain, a true original. Makes me want to read about his life again.

These days the phrase "American treasure" gets thrown around about lots of famous people, but Mr. Twain, he was the real deal.
11 years ago
Dlane,
Just googled and found Twain's The Mysterious Stranger, sounds super dark and interesting. And one of the characters is a talking cat? I'm IN! Laughing
11 years ago
“There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends.”
-Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

I would substitute "sharing an ordeal" for "puking," but she gets the point across.
11 years ago
Watch your thoughts for they become your words, choose your words, for they become actions, understand your actions, for they become habits, study your habits, for they become your character, for it becomes your destiny.
11 years ago
Cincy:
Watch your thoughts for they become your words, choose your words, for they become actions, understand your actions, for they become habits, study your habits, for they become your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Aristotelian wisdom!
Smile
76 - 100 by 401
Notify about new comments
Jump to