Search Forum

What TV show are you actively watching right now?

What TV show are you actively watching right now? 6 months ago 1

I know we have a topic of favourite shows old and new but I am interested in what people are actively watching just now in hope of finding some new shows we can recommend to each other or talk about shows that we maybe all are watching just now and all get excited together about a shows latest episode and its cliffhanger as we watch and discuss each episode weekly together.

So in anticipation for Omni Man releasing as a playable character in MK1 I have been watching the Anime he is in called Invincible. It’s really good and worth giving a go on Amazon Prime TV. There is a new series with episodes coming out weekly just now if anyone wants to discuss that each week with me that would be awesome.

I have been doing my yearly watch of The Sopranos which I watch the full show at least once a year because it’s my favourite series and each time I watch it I learn something new as when I first started watching I was the same age as the actress and character she plays called Meadow so saw the show through the eyes of someone her age. Now, and I can’t believe I am saying this I am the same age as the parents are in the show and the star himself James Gandolfini who plays of course Tony Soprano. 

I am also watching The Boys also on Prime. 

I just finished The Fall of House Usher on Netflix. 

So what are you actively watching at the moment?

6 months ago

I need something new. Just finished Hannibal.

what's the Fall of House Usher like? I'm a big Edgar Allen Poe fan, so maybe I should give it a try. But I'm easily disappointed by adaptations when I really love the source material. 

6 months ago 1
ScentNebula

I need something new. Just finished Hannibal.

what's the Fall of House Usher like? I'm a big Edgar Allen Poe fan, so maybe I should give it a try. But I'm easily disappointed by adaptations when I really love the source material. 

I really enjoyed it and think it has been some of Netflix better stuff recently having struggled to find anything on there as of late. I didn’t really watch it while thinking about the source material and on that level it was great. It does make reference to the raven nevermore at one point so they do have it in there.  

Yeah Hannibal was awesome. I really wish we we’re getting more of that show. I know they are making a show about Starling but I feel we could have got another season of Hannibal. 

6 months ago

Hi! Currently, I'm juggling a mix of classics and new releases. Breaking Bad is a perpetual favorite, and I'm also engrossed in Squid Game's gripping storyline. Any recommendations for what to add next to my watchlist?🍿📺

6 months ago
Salahharake

Hi! Currently, I'm juggling a mix of classics and new releases. Breaking Bad is a perpetual favorite, and I'm also engrossed in Squid Game's gripping storyline. Any recommendations for what to add next to my watchlist?🍿📺

If you like Squid Game you might like Alice In Borderland it is Japanese and very similar kind of show. I love them both equally. It’s on Netflix also. 

5 months ago

OK, so just an update.

I have been watching The Boys Gen V  which is a new release for this year. GEN V IMDB

I have also been watching From which started last year and is now in its 2nd series. FROM IMDB

On Apple TV+ i have just started  Monarch Legacy of Monsters which is a continuation of the latest Godzilla and Kong movies but in TV format Monarch IMDB

5 months ago 1

I have started watching Halston on Netflix again staring Ewan McGregor. His performance in this has you forgetting that you are watching an actor play the part of Halston, and instead has you believing you are watching the real Halston on screen himself. When an actor has the ability to do that you know you are watching something special.

Anyone who has not seen this needs to go watch it now, if not for the scenes where we see his creation process when creating his very first fragrance, which is worth the watch alone, then for the many pop culture references to things such as how someone was found dead in the air ducts when trying to get just a peep in to the infamous Studio 54 leading to its downfall among other reasons, the fashion of course, and a wonderful portrayal of Liza Minnelli from Krysta Rodriguez who manages to give a brilliant performance of the popular “Liza with a Z”. I have watched this several times since its release in 2021. Check it out here on IMDB

The first review in my screenshot mirrors my own thoughts precisely. Although my rating is a 10/10. 

5 months ago

Started watching Mindhunter again. I really hope we get a 3rd series soon! This show is amazing. It's simply fascinating and scary that it is all based on true events!

5 months ago 1
Mitchcraft

I have started watching Halston on Netflix again staring Ewan McGregor. His performance in this has you forgetting that you are watching an actor play the part of Halston, and instead has you believing you are watching the real Halston on screen himself. When an actor has the ability to do that you know you are watching something special.

Anyone who has not seen this needs to go watch it now, if not for the scenes where we see his creation process when creating his very first fragrance, which is worth the watch alone, then for the many pop culture references to things such as how someone was found dead in the air ducts when trying to get just a peep in to the infamous Studio 54 leading to its downfall among other reasons, the fashion of course, and a wonderful portrayal of Liza Minnelli from Krysta Rodriguez who manages to give a brilliant performance of the popular “Liza with a Z”. I have watched this several times since its release in 2021. Check it out here on IMDB

The first review in my screenshot mirrors my own thoughts precisely. Although my rating is a 10/10. 

Now after watching the first 3 episodes of this, couldn't agree more. So far seems to be one of the best mini series I've ever watched. Thank you so much for this awesome recommendation @Mitchcraft! 🙏

5 months ago 1
Lempi
Mitchcraft

Now after watching the first 3 episodes of this, couldn't agree more. So far seems to be one of the best mini series I've ever watched. Thank you so much for this awesome recommendation @Mitchcraft! 🙏

@lempi Yay! I knew this had to be shared with people here and especially you knowing how much you like Ewan McGregor 😊

I am glad you are enjoying it 🙂

5 months ago 1

@Mitchcraft Awesome, and you know what, I forgot to mention this yesterday but I also ended up ordering a full bottle of Halston Woman AmberHalston Woman Amber from an online flea market as the price was so cheap, the notes seemed lovely and it has that iconic bottle design! 🤩 Now I'm impatiently waiting if it will arrive before Christmas...

4 months ago 1

As I'm a huge fan of M. Night Shyamalan's work, I just started watching Servant from Apple TV. And somehow I'm having a feeling that someone else here too is currently doing the same... 🤔😝

13 days ago

I just finished Constellation. Not bad at all, keeps the tension ongoing generating interest, plus Mike from Breaking Bad is in it 😎

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic What TV show are you actively watching right now?
Jump to